Ever Wonder Why?

Crimson Twins

Anyone ever wonder why Cobra never rebuilt any of their cool weapons. They would always make an awesome world threatening weapon, hide it in a 'secret base' (they'll never notice the 40 ft. cobras on the top of this huge fortress in the middle of the desert), and then GI Joe would come in and blow it up. But never did Cobra say 'you know, that almost worked, let's build it again.' Guess they lost all the blueprints. @loll@

I always hated that about GI Joe and Cartoons in general. Sometimes they would get SOOO close and then it would get F'ed up. Why not just try the same plan again but correct all the mistakes you made the first time.

That is why I loved that episode of the Power Puff Girls where Mojo Jojo tried to turn everyone in to dogs a second time. That was classic!

Anyone ever wonder why Cobra never rebuilt any of their cool weapons. They would always make an awesome world threatening weapon, hide it in a 'secret base' (they'll never notice the 40 ft. cobras on the top of this huge fortress in the middle of the desert), and then GI Joe would come in and blow it up. But never did Cobra say 'you know, that almost worked, let's build it again.' Guess they lost all the blueprints. @loll@

So you'd want a successive episodes of the cartoon, or issues of the comic to feature basically the same stories over and over again??

What might seem like a recipe for logic has a unhealthy side-dish of BORING served along with it.

It might make sense....it might even be logical, but it makes for very bad drama or storytelling, hence its just not done.

Remember stories like GIJOE vs COBRA are heavily steeped in good-vs evil themes to appeal to children, so the bad guys are never going to be too on-the-ball.

Anyone ever wonder why Cobra never rebuilt any of their cool weapons.  They would always make an awesome world threatening weapon, hide it in a 'secret base' (they'll never notice the 40 ft. cobras on the top of this huge fortress in the middle of the desert), and then GI Joe would come in and blow it up.  But never did Cobra say 'you know, that almost worked, let's build it again.'  Guess they lost all the blueprints. @loll@

So you'd want a successive episodes of the cartoon, or issues of the comic to feature basically the same stories over and over again??

What might seem like a recipe for logic has a unhealthy side-dish of BORING served along with it.

It might make sense....it might even be logical, but it makes for very bad drama or storytelling, hence its just not done.

Remember stories like GIJOE vs COBRA are heavily steeped in good-vs evil themes to appeal to children, so the bad guys are never going to be too on-the-ball.

True, but reusing a story the second time can't be any worse than some of them REALLY stupid stories they did to begin with in the cartoon. The one with the Gamemaster comes to mind. Some of those cartoons were horrible.

As for the comic, well I always saw the comic as having more "adult" feel to them, so they could do more (like kill people off). So it wasn't really necessary for them to reuse stories. But, if anyplace, I'd say the comic would have been the more likely place FOR them to reuse those old plots. Course, the comic didn't have stuff like the Weather Dominator, did it?

you might think it's boring, but even in Star Wars they tried to rebuild the Deathstar. And while the cartoon was aimed more at kids, and did have the whole good vs. evil thing going, i think they could have done a lot better with Cobra's evil plots. i just hoped that in this modern era of cartoons, they could pull away from the childish plots and target a slightly more mature audience. obviously with Spy Troops, they didn't feel the same. and now, with the VvV line, they're going right back to all the same crazy stuff, that has nothing to do with military. maybe i'm just bent because i'm active military and the flaws in the cartoon are so glaringly obvious to me it hurts my head. well, that's my rant for today, now i'm done. thank you for your time.

you might think it's boring, but even in Star Wars they tried to rebuild the Deathstar. And while the cartoon was aimed more at kids, and did have the whole good vs. evil thing going, i think they could have done a lot better with Cobra's evil plots. i just hoped that in this modern era of cartoons, they could pull away from the childish plots and target a slightly more mature audience. obviously with Spy Troops, they didn't feel the same. and now, with the VvV line, they're going right back to all the same crazy stuff, that has nothing to do with military. maybe i'm just bent because i'm active military and the flaws in the cartoon are so glaringly obvious to me it hurts my head. well, that's my rant for today, now i'm done. thank you for your time.

They probably could. The new TMNT cartoon isn't the same as the 80s version. I've only ever caught 1 or 2 episodes, but I understand it to be grittier than the first version.

So why not with Joes? Look at the TF cartoons. Practically EVERYONE died in the Beast Wars story and they show lots of extras getting blown away in Energon. Of course, THOSE are "robot" cartoons, so it is okay. Can't say the same for Joes, but they could probably be more "adult" oriented.

yeah i thought it was funny that they had their little run on adult swim on cartoon network. i guess it's more because the people that used to watch those cartoons are adults now, and not so much for the adult content (which really was none anyway) i'd love to see a joe cartoon like the new comic line. now that would be great. the comic almost shocked the crap out of me. i picked up the serpentor storyline and saw established names from my childhood get killed. it was great. that's what i'd like out of a new joe cartoon.

I was a fan of the comic book series, and I always hated the cartoons for the childish plots. I also hated how they screwed over 2 of my favorite characters, making CC look like a dork (and later a deformed snake-man what the hell?!), and then they gave Snake Eye's ninja prowess to Spirit (which made no sence at all) and his girlfriend to Duke (and I HATE Duke!)

I would have loved to see a more mature cartoon, maybe based somewhat on the comic book, and with Cobra winning sometimes. I think it would have made Cobra seem more as a viable threat and made the whole series more interesting IMO.