New Alternators

Otter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumblebee as anything but a Bug would be just wrong, IMO. And, no, I wouldn't rather see him as a Neon or not at all...

I'm generally not very picky with things such as this. I'll accept pretty much anything Hasbro/Takara choose to throw out there. If they are going to do Bumblebee at some point in the future (spec-u-lay-tion), he damn well better be a VW Bug. If they can't secure the rights from VW, then they shouldn't do the character at all.

Bumblebee as anything but a Bug would be just wrong, IMO. And, no, I wouldn't rather see him as a Neon or not at all...

I'm generally not very picky with things such as this. I'll accept pretty much anything Hasbro/Takara choose to throw out there. If they are going to do Bumblebee at some point in the future (spec-u-lay-tion), he damn well better be a VW Bug. If they can't secure the rights from VW, then they shouldn't do the character at all.

just use energon HotShot. Gotta love them engines :D

I'd rather see Prowl and Redaleart be their own mold, particularly a Chevy Impala since that's the car's police are currently using stateside

as for trailbreaker i'd like to see him as his own mold too maybe the Dodge Ram SRT-10 with Ironhide, I'd also like to see Kup as a Chevy SSR and Rodimus as a Ford GT40, Arcee as the "rumored" Honda S2000, sorry but most of those small roadsters just scream girl car to me

Cool, you guys have been really helpful.

So my ultimate take on this discussion is...

1. Prowl is fairly likely, possibly using the existing Smokescreen mold.

2. There is strong speculation that an upcoming Neon mold will be Bumblebee because Hasbro has been unable to secure the rights to do a VW Bug.

Yes?

At first I thought there wouldn't be a Prowl since he died in the movie, but now I think there is a chance for Prowl. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that the car they chose for Smokescreen/Silverstreak (Impreza) happens to have a racing version, a street version, and a police version in real life just like their G1 counterparts.

Eachmold will be used/remolded/painted AT LEAST twice. HAsbro already announced this as their plan to get out as many charecters as possible.

Again, speculation. Hasbro never stated how many times the would use a mold.

At first I thought there wouldn't be a Prowl since he died in the movie, but now I think there is a chance for Prowl. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that the car they chose for Smokescreen/Silverstreak (Impreza) happens to have a racing version, a street version, and a police version in real life just like their G1 counterparts.

The movie has no effect on what will or will not be an Alternator.

I would not believe what companies says since they change their thoughts left and right. I doubt the 2 molds thing is true. How many times did a company were right about their products. E.G. Armada will not use existing molds. Garbage since they release bw into the armada line. Also, I think alternators is during the g1 line, but remember the movie takes place 2005-2010 and Alt/bT is 2003+, so Prowl is a possibility.

What is so special about Bumblebee?

Nobody really got upset about Side Swipe being a Viper or Meister not being a Porshe.

And if it is about the character, what does it matter as long as we get the character?

Bumblebee is key character who's almost as much of a G1 mainstay as Optimus. I wouldn't mind seeing him return as an alternator, but if Hasbro can't get the VW bug lkeness, and they apparently can't, then I won't be bothered by not seeing a new version.

the thing I like about the alt line , is that there's speculation galore, then a new mold/character hit us out of nowhere :)

Since we are talking about prowl, does anybody have a link to any pics of a kitbashed prowl / sunstreaker or anybody else?

I saw a lot of these started when alts first emerged but have only seen the G1 smokey one since :(

the thing I like about the alt line , is that there's speculation galore, then a new mold/character hit us out of nowhere :)

Since we are talking about prowl, does anybody have a link to any pics of a kitbashed prowl / sunstreaker or anybody else?

I saw a lot of these started when alts first emerged but have only seen the G1 smokey one since :(

I'm a little surprised someone hasn't done so by now. Other than repainting the body, one would need to add lights.

In fact Im betting Hasbro is demanding an Alternators exclusive as we speak. >>

Doc, you've been around a long time, I'd expect *you* of all people know how exclusives work.

The toy stores, not Hasbro, demand exclusive product, to get people to come to *their* store over another retailer.

Yes S-E you're absolutely right. I am quite aware of how it works. In short, I simply screwed up and misphrased my statement.

I meant to say I figured Wal-Mart was more than likely demanding an Alternators exclusive from HASBRO as we speak. Based on the sheer amount of exclusives they already have, I wouldnt have been suprised if they want an Alternators one as well. Mustve been late or something. Doesnt matter now. I botched the statement completely.

Sorry folks. My Bad.

As for Prowl being dead, that's in G1. And Alternators doesnt seem to be G1, just its own microcosm using G1 CHARACTERS. So anything goes.

And even if it WAS G1, Prime doesnt exactly have a monopoly on coming back from apparent death. They could have simply found his Laser Core in the wreckage barely clinging to life and kept it in stasis untill a new body could be built. Its pretty easy to come up with explanations.

And it doesnt matter if its 2004 or 2010 right now. Alternators can take place whenever Hasbro wants it to. It could even be the late 21st Century and they could all be based on "Antique" cars for all we know. Not likely but Im just saying nothings been established yet as far as a continuity goes so there's no real point in anchoring them to any sort of a time frame yet..

I would not believe what companies says since they change their thoughts left and right. I doubt the 2 molds thing is true. How many times did a company were right about their products. E.G. Armada will not use existing molds. Garbage since they release bw into the armada line.

Let's see if I understand this correctly. Deathy, the same guy who thought Minicons were going to be Takara PVCs, impersonated people on ATT on at least two occasions and claimed to be a Hasbro designer on Beast Machines, is questioning someones credability and truthfulness?

Oh the Irony.

In fact Im betting Hasbro is demanding an Alternators exclusive as we speak. >>

Doc, you've been around a long time, I'd expect *you* of all people know how exclusives work.

The toy stores, not Hasbro, demand exclusive product, to get people to come to *their* store over another retailer.

Yes S-E you're absolutely right. I am quite aware of how it works. In short, I simply screwed up and misphrased my statement.

I meant to say I figured Wal-Mart was more than likely demanding an Alternators exclusive from HASBRO as we speak. Based on the sheer amount of exclusives they already have, I wouldnt have been suprised if they want an Alternators one as well. Mustve been late or something. Doesnt matter now. I botched the statement completely.

Sorry folks. My Bad.

I'm not so sure it really matters that Walmart wants exclusives. Other then Megatron, when was the last time Walmart had an exclusive of any kind? The Joe 2-packs? The first one never made it because of the stupid parachute crap. The other wasn't even a full thing. Not all stores got them. What would be the point of giving into Walmart wanting an exclusive if not all of them are even going to OFFER the exclusive?

Also, the way that Smokescreen and Side Swipe are clogging the shelves, I doubt that Walmart wants an Alternator exclusive, specifically. They'd probably stick with Energon as, I believe, Megatron went over well for them.

I take it you missed Yellow Landfill, Desert Ruination, Prowl, Sideswipe, Sunstorm/Perceptor and the Spychanger 2-packs? Those were all released within the past several months. Everyone knows that.

Id say Wal-Mart's been asking for, and getting, a lot of exclusives. They probably have a bunch more in the planning stages right now. Maybe there isnt one for an Alternator. But I wouldnt be suprised should something turn up.

Whats the point of giving Wal-Mart what they want? Have you ever heard of CAPITALISM? If you want to stay on the good side of one of yout biggest sources of retail sales, you're going to fulfill as many requests for them as realistically possible. Thats the Golden Rule. Those with the gold makes the rules.

Since Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen were all basically the same cars in G1, Hasbro will probably do the same in the Alt. line. As for Swindle, i hope they turn him into a Humvee. That would be really sweet.

Maybe a Prowl might be a good excuse to use the modified Binaltech Smokescreen with the new heels and shoulder guns.

Plus an additional light bar and new head, of course.

Be the perfect way to get the most out of Takara's modifications. And most of the modification work has already been done. Then later Takra can use everything to make a Prowl (Or whatever his name is out there) of their own.

But Id probably prefer them to put out a few newer molds before a Prowl first.

I take it you missed Yellow Landfill, Desert Ruination, Prowl, Sideswipe, Sunstorm/Perceptor and the Spychanger 2-packs? Those were all released within the past several months. Everyone knows that.

Id say Wal-Mart's been asking for, and getting, a lot of exclusives. They probably have a bunch more in the planning stages right now. Maybe there isnt one for an Alternator. But I wouldnt be suprised should something turn up.

Whats the point of giving Wal-Mart what they want? Have you ever heard of CAPITALISM? If you want to stay on the good side of one of yout biggest sources of retail sales, you're going to fulfill as many requests for them as realistically possible. Thats the Golden Rule. Those with the gold makes the rules.

Actually, yeah I forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me.

And isn't there talk about Hasbro NOT giving Walmart what they want in favor of TRU, Target and other stores? I know it was discussed with regards to G.I. Joe but I can't see how it wouldn't apply to Trasformers as well.

If that really IS the case, I doubt we will be seeing very many, if any, Walmart exclusives.

Besides, Hasbro might be rethinking things for the fact that Walmart isn't exactly strong at putting out those exclusives. Some stores never even SAW some of the exclusives Hasbro sent to Walmart.

If the point of exclusives is to draw in customers, Walmart apparently doesn't want the business of anyone in my area all that much...