New Alternators

Otter

What's the likelihood of us seeing a Prowl or Bumblebee in the future?

Thought I'd ask since I don't know a lot about the line (or Transformers), and it seemed quicker than searching the net.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, KP seems to think theres gonna be a prowl repaint of smokescreen, but i doubt that...

AS for bumbleebee, its been speculated that he may enter the line as a dodge neon.

Nothing definitive for either character though.

I read somewhere recently, that each original mode is meant to be getting 1 remold

+ 1 repaint... soooooo....

ORIGINAL REMOLD REPAINT

Smokescreen Streak (PROWL???)

Hound Swindle (BEACHCOMBER??)

Sideswipe Dead End (SUNSTREAKER????)

this is NOT confirmed + the bracketed ones are my personal guesses... but it looks right + would be good... right?

I read somewhere recently, that each original mode is meant to be getting 1 remold

+ 1 repaint... soooooo....

ORIGINAL          REMOLD        REPAINT

Smokescreen  Streak            (PROWL???)

Hound              Swindle          (BEACHCOMBER??)

Sideswipe        Dead End      (SUNSTREAKER????)

this is NOT confirmed + the bracketed ones are my personal guesses... but it looks right + would be good... right?

Smokescreen's been remolded twice...so there'll be no Prowl with that mold, using that theory.

As for the other cars? It's certainly a possibility.

They never said that. They said each mould was made with at least 2 characters in mind. They never promised these would all happen

I recall in the early discussions about Alternators that there would be 2 uses of a mold (ie. 2 characters per mold). Of course, as Agent Adam points out that is speculation, but something they are holding to...so far. Who's to say? They could use each mold 10 times if they wanted.

As for Prowl, I think he should get his own mold (as opposed to using Smokescreen's mold) which could be redone as Red Alert. Not that the Smokescreen mold wouldn't work. Just that I think they WILL stick to the 2 characters per mold concept.

Going by that, I think the remold of Tracks will be Sunstreaker (the rumored blue one will be tracks, the yellow Sunstreaker).

Anything else (about Bumblebee, for example) is entirely conjecture.

I would say that prowl would lookc ool as a meister remold, but they'd both be white, so thats out.

What does it matter about color? Besides, I'd think Prowl would more likely be blue or black.

And does the Meister mold have rear doors (like Smokescreen)? If not, I can't say it would work as a police car.

Eachmold will be used/remolded/painted AT LEAST twice. HAsbro already announced this as their plan to get out as many charecters as possible.

Exactly. Smokescreen and Silverstreak makes TWO uses of the same mold. As do Side Swipe and Dead End. Not to say they won't use those molds a 3rd, 4th, etc. time, but they haven't yet. So, it is possible they might not...

I would say that prowl would lookc ool as a meister remold, but they'd both be white, so thats out.

What does it matter about color? Besides, I'd think Prowl would more likely be blue or black.

And does the Meister mold have rear doors (like Smokescreen)? If not, I can't say it would work as a police car.

Meister has suicide doors, so it'd be a very stylish police car...lol

I figure Prowl will be a remold of Smokescreen. Hasbro knows the history of Prowl, Silverstreak and Smokescreen. And they KNOW we know the history. Even if the standard practice goes otherwise, theres always exceptions to most rules.

If there ever was an occassion where the same make of car could be used three different times this could and should be it.

Im still thinking sooner or later they'll make store exclusive repaints while keeping the regular line general retail. In fact Im betting Hasbro is demanding an Alternators exclusive as we speak. So Hasbro could have a loophole in their doctrines governing how repaints/remolds are handled, since TF store exclusives seem immune to how the mainstream lines are run. Thats why we can have TFU Skywarp so soon after RiD Jhiaxus.

I'm tempted to say;

"a suburu would make a silly police car"

but, looking back to G1, it was a datsun with japanese colours :S red alert - a fire chief car - was a lamba etc etc.

I think a Shiny black / navy blue prowl would look cool. Police cars aren't always white these days, especially stateside :)

In fact Im betting Hasbro is demanding an Alternators exclusive as we speak. >>

Doc, you've been around a long time, I'd expect *you* of all people know how exclusives work.

The toy stores, not Hasbro, demand exclusive product, to get people to come to *their* store over another retailer.

Hasbro then shows them a list of possible items to make as exclusives, and the store can choose from there, or suggest something they want to sell, and Hasbro goes ahead and produces it.

So unless stores are seeing huge* sales of Alternators, they're not likely to want to stock 20-25 dollar exclusives.

I'm tempted to say;

but, looking back to G1, it was a datsun with japanese colours :S red alert - a fire chief car - was a lamba etc etc.

I think a Shiny black / navy blue prowl would look cool.  Police cars aren't always white these days, especially stateside :)

Silly my ass.. I think it looks awesome..

021.jpg

I think we are going to see Dead End repainted as Sunstreaker, I really don't have any doubt of that in my mind.

Prowl could be logically made from Screen/Streak....but if they don't they could use Prowls mold to make Red Alert as someone stated above.

I think Tracks remold will be Wheeljack. I think there was a fan made pic of that someplace.

And I think the Hound remold is gonna be Trailbreaker.

I'm tempted to say;

I think a Shiny black / navy blue prowl would look cool. Police cars aren't always white these days, especially stateside :)

Well here is the real live version of a Subaru prowl for those that still haven't seen it :)

imprezaprowl.jpg

I'm tempted to say;

I think a Shiny black / navy blue prowl would look cool.  Police cars aren't always white these days, especially stateside :)

Well here is the real live version of a Subaru prowl for those that still haven't seen it :)

imprezaprowl.jpg

my pic stopped working when you posted yours @hmmm@

daaaaaamn.. you know those aren't stock either

I'm tempted to say;

imprezaprowl.jpg

I hope they dont do that, i have the urge to burst out laughing at those cars @haha@ @haha@

I'm tempted to say;

imprezaprowl.jpg

That would be so cool if they did that for Prowl. It's perfect for him. The thing is; would the auto maker allow it?