Flash And Wonder Woman Review

Blackmada

I picked up The Flash and Wonder Woman today, here are some quick thoughts on them.

These were the first issues I have ever bought of the titles.

The Flash:

Decent story, the art could have been better. I had no idea The Flash was a mechanic, learned something new in one issue. I liked it enough to pick it up again next month to see where the story goes.

Wonder Woman:

I also got the previous two issues. Not as good as The Flash or some other DC titles I have picked up over the last few weeks. Not a bad story. I may pick it up again someday.

An update on what it looks like I will be getting monthly: Superman, Gren Lantern, Outsiders, Teen Titans, Identity Crisis and Birds Of Prey.

Next week I am going to pick up some issues of JLA and JSA.

Questions:

Is Gorilla Grodd a Flash villian?

What has happened in The Flash in the last year. I need info to get a better understanding of what is going on.

Who all is in JLA and JSA?

I know JLA is made up of DC's biggest heroes but why is there a JSA? What is their deal?

That is all until next week.

I will try to help as much as I can. THis is basically a cut down version of what happend. So far, in the flash, He had fought the new zoom(reverse flash), zoom(real name hunter zolomon) was a friend of the flash(back then the flash's id was public knowledge). He wanted flash to use the cosmic treadmill to reverse the effects of his injury(leg was injured_\) Flash refused so he tried it himself, bad idea leading to his becoming zoom. Zoom basically fought the flash and his flash allies, in the middle, he attacked his wife who was pregnant with his chidlren. She lost her kids due to the attack. Flash defeated zoom by using jesse quicks lended speed which allowed him to go beyond speed(zoom wasn't using super speed, he was actually using time to move fast, therefore putting flash in a different level then him) and he defeated zoom. Flash was going to then retire, Barry allen(the former flash) came to convince him not to. The spectre came to help wally by erasing the fact the world ever knew who the flash was. only problem is that wally forgot he was the flash as well.

it was two months after that, someone gave him a flash ring(found out it was batman) He had to re learn all his powers before he remembered, batman removed his mask which jump started his memories. He revealed it to his wife(who hated flash for getting her babies killed by his recklessness) who later left him while he was away. His jla members also forgot and demanded he tell as well.

Buy the flash :blitz paperback which comes out in july 8 for part of this story

Sorry left off your other questions. Right now. The JLA(as of issue #100) Contains. Superman, BAtman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green LAntern(john stewart), Major diasater, FAith, Manitou Raven, MArtian Manhunter, Plastic Man, and THe Atom. I'm guessing Firestorm is still a member but I have not seen him lately.

REcommended trade paperbacks: JLA:vol 1 New world order

JLA vol 7 Tower of Babel. JLA vol 10 &11, The Obsidian age

The jsa includes

Mr Terrific

Wildcat

Original Flash (jay Garrick)

Green Lantern( Alan Scott)

Stargirl aka Star Spangled kid aka Star

Hawkgirl

Power Girl

Hourman (rex tyler)

Dr. Mid-nite

REcommended JSA trades

JLA/JSA Virtue & Vice

Jsa Vol one Justice be done

JSA vol 2 Darkness Falls

JSA vol 3 Return of HAwkman

JSA vol 5 Stealing thunder

Might as well get vol 4 as well if you can.

Is gorrilla Grodd a flash villian?

Yep, He is a major villian of Flash. Prehaps the most deadly he has right now.

Why is there a need for the JSA if there is a JLA

Simply, if you can't get the JLA, they are the next big guns. They were the first super hero team, they started the legacy, and they are hoping to continue it. THe JLA can't be everywhere. It's a great book and I high reccomend the trades. If you have anymore questions ask. Hope I helped.

The cosmic Treadmill was basically what the flash can use to travel in time. thats all I know about it really

Does it look like a treadmill too? That is crazy.

You are being a big help. Thank you.

How old are the stories in the JSA trades you listed?

Who are these guys? Major Diasater, Faith, Manitou Raven.

The treadmill does indeed resemble one, which is kind of funny now that I think of it.

The Jsa trades are not that old, its off the current series out now. The max may be about 4 or 5 years old. HAve your comic shop order JSA vol. 1, I'm sure you will like it, and if you have any questions, I can answer them.

Major D was a former villian(real name Paul Booker) inspired by Superman do use his powers to do good. His powers are....to make disasters. You name it he can do it. Earthquake, floods, blackouts, flat tires, meoteors. If its a diasaster he can do it. He joined the team during obsidian age.

Faith's origins are unknown. She is a powerful telekinetic, also has healing powers from what I've seen. She also appeared in the obsidian age.

Manitou Raven confuses the hell out of me and I never really cared for his character(kinda boring imo), He is a indian from 3 billion years ago who has magic capabilities. You gotta read obsidian age to understand him, unless someone else wants to take a shot at him.

The jla roster will be changing soon, Major D and Manitou will be on the justice league elite coming out next month.

jla elite will be a 12 issue series which takes place after what happens in jla #100.

The Obsidian age was a jla story which involved the jla going to find the missing aquaman. I don't want to spoil the story, but I just wanted to give you the basic story of it.

The JSA is also around because they were first, and the inspiration for the JLA. JSA is a far better book right now IMO. The JLA would be better if they found a top notch creative team who stayed on the book for a few years. I haven't liked it since Waid left.

The Flash's Cosmic treadmill was originally used to travel between different universes before the Crisis.

The Green Lantern title will be ending soon and Hal Jordan will come back as GL in a miniseries that will lead into a new regular GL ongoing book.

I've been reading The Flash since issue #98 of this volume. I love this character! But, I have to admit, Mark Waid was the reason why I really started picking up the book religiously....but now, ###### Johns is doing such an amazing job, picking up each issue is second nature.

As far as Flash trades (for ######'s run):

Blood Will Run

Rogues

Crossfire

and, only July 8th, Blitz

For some reason, they didn't collect ######'s first story arc on The Flash (which had to deal with Alice In Wonderland...or some Brother's Grimm sotry, I forget off hand). There is also another Prestige Format book that helps better describe The Flash's Rogues Gallery called "Iron Heights." Drawn by E. Van Sciver (sp?). It basically sets up the storylines for Rogues and Crossfire and puts the Rogues Gallery into a more menacing light.

I'll definatly try getting these trades.

I really have a better understanding of the DC universe now.

Thanks guys.

Are there any Green lantern trades any of you would recommend?

Here is some good green lantern trades

Green lantern: emerald twilght/ new dawn

Green Lantern: Baptism of Fire

Green LAntern: Emerald Allies

Green Lantern Emerald Knights

Green Lantern: New Journey Old Path

Green Lantern: Power of Ion

The first three should start you off, I'd say start off with those see how you like GL