Paul Bearer Gone From Wwe After The Bash?!?

Outsiders

The rumors going around backstage in the WWE is that Paul Bearer's run with the company will come to an end after this Sunday's Great American Bash PPV.

Bearer returned to the WWE at Wrestlemania 20 in the corner of the Undertaker when he faced his brother Kane. Since then, Bearer has not really gotten involved in any of the Undertaker's matches, or been given any serious promo time like he once did back during his inital run with the Undertaker in the early 90's.

Bearer will be present at The Great American Bash this Sunday on PPV when The Undertaker takes on The Dudley Boyz in a handicap match.

Credit: PWInsider.com

NOOOOOO..... GAWD NOOOOOOO, PLEASE DON'T .....NOOOOO!!! I'm gonna stop watching wrestling if he leaves. :( Paul Bearer is the only reason why i'm watching Smackdown. And Taker minus bearer=sucks.

bearer never really did anything

He's not much use on SmackDown! anyway. But I don't get how they can explain Bearer getting "killed" on a national PPV with a full capacity crowd watching. After the Owen thing...I don't know where's the common sense in this kind of stunt. Seems like they're crossing the line here.

this whole problem started when Underweartaker was allowed to rehash his character the way he wanted it, i.e. we now see all versions of him rolled into one.

On the upside, his wrestling repitoire has increased some and he actually looks impressive in the ring after a decade. But on the downside - the man in black (Johnny Cash) image isn't as intimidating as the dead man gimmick. Put Piercey Pring-err-Paul Bearer into the mix now and you've got a pumped up Johnny Cash with a pale fat man. That is, there's no point in him being there!

After all these years, Undertaker now cuts better promos so we don't need to hear Bearer's stupid voice. He's been wrestling without the "Urn" for power for the better part of a decade now, but suddenly he needs it again? Wrestling might have their fair share of ridiculous gimmicks, but fans are not dumbasses.

I would assume everyone can understand this is fake. Except Paul Bearer when he dies from being drowned in concrete!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah, most people probably know it's fake. I just don't know why Vince would try this when he's been trying to "re-kayfabe" the WWE. Anyway, how do you explain to the kids that Paul Bearer is getting killed in a concrete coffin? If I was a parent, I wouldn't want my kid watching a public execution, even if it's staged. You can get away with it on TV movies and such, but the WWE is more of a public reality show, and not many people are being murdered on reality shows.

As a parent how can you explain that Eddie's lying, cheating, and stealing is okay, but still try and say those things are wrong in "real life". I also made this point elsewhere, the WWE has had Buried Alive matches for years now and I've never really found anyone being offended/worried by it. The announcers will scream about how Bearer is drowning in cement, the players will goto the back, and they'll mention it the rest of the night. They'll bring it up for a few weeks in passing and that will be it. I have kids and would have no problem with them watching because I can explain it's fake, just like Superman really can't fly, or that Toon Town really doesn't exist. If you think your hypothetical kids @smilepunch@ can't handle the blur of reality/kayfabe, or you don't feel comftorable explaining what's happened, don't let them watch.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE