POLL: Batman's Costume COLORS

Bigsexy944

What color do you belive Modern Batman's costume is supposed to be  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What color do you belive Modern Batman's costume is supposed to be

• Black and Gray
    • Blue and Gray

This poll is to state what you think actual costume is supposed to BE. NOT whatversion what you prefer.

The reason i'm starting this is because i've come to the conculsion that a great many people are totally out to lunch on this subject.

The costume is supposed to be BLACK and GRAY. In fact his costume was ALWAYS black and gray. Bob Kane intended it that way and because of the spot color techniques, blue was the only way to highlight the costume, through the years more blue was used and it was distorted to that ugly blue costume.

Post No-Mans land they went with the year 1 black and gray outfit. Some people are still crazy and say this costume is actually supposed to be blue. It clearly is NOT.

As for Hush? also supposed to be black and yes DCD is out to lunch too..

LOL. I totally said the same thing awhile back, about Batman bieng the DARK knight not the BLUE knight.

And about him being all black, i kinda dig the gray mostly becaue i love the big 'ol bat symbol without the ugly yellow oval

Originally though Bob Kane intended for him to be two shades of black.It was the 70's Art Deco style when everything got all wonky, not only for Bats himself but he hung around a guy with a short yellow cape and green panties!

It's interesting, i have the "greatest Batman stories ever told" TPB and it has a bunch of pre-crisis stories in it, starting with the golden age. Though disjointed, the stories are allot more mature and generally interesting than that ofthe silver age. Batman killed people etc.

There was one story from the SA where batman promised not to arrest the Penguin untill his Aunt Petunia who was visiting left, so she wouldn't find out he was a bad guy. Batman and Robin chaufered him and his aunt around the whole issue.

I won't knock the SA too much, I mean it is what it is. All things aside though It;s good that DC finally aquknowledged the fact that Batman was always supposed to be black, and not only that ,but changed him to be that way, it's truthfull AND looks a hell of allot better not to mention is more fitting with the mood of his stories and modern times.

It might have been black when he first appeared but it changed to gray and blue. If I remember correctly Bats also used a gun and killed people...but that was all changed also. And seeing all that was before my time...to me Bat's character will always be not believing in killing or guns. And his costume will always be blue & gray. As that's what I grew up with. And what about Superman he had a different "S" logo and blue boot when he was first created? So is todays Superman wrong to you also as it's not true to the original design/colors?

PJ

eeehh.. i'm not sure if i worded the pool right or what not but whayt i'm actually asking is if you think the costume he's waring nowadays is blue or black. not hwhat you like better I'm not sure if i got that across well enough because it seems to be turning into a what do you prefer issue.

The FACT is that the modern costume is BLACK. some crazy people STILLthink he's blue because f the highlight issue. Nevertheless, he WAS blue back in the silver age and bronze age, but the birth of the blue stemmed from colorists using too much blue to highlight.

In any case Superman's costume has NEVER significantly changed (aside from the wholeblue lighting crap) but GOD knows it needs to be along with 90% of other superhero's costumes.

I like the colors they way they are now, black and gray, like everyone else said, he is the dark knight. I also like the darker colors Robin wears, with the black cape and the dark green tights and the black boots. IT allows him to blend into the shadows if he has to.

Well, for Modern Batman's costume it depends which version we are talking about? As most advertisement/promotional art still has him wearing the old MA costume. Which is the costume with the yellow oval bat logo with no trunks and the cylinder utility belt. That costume is definitely blue & gray...Now if you are talking his newest costume with the plain bat logo, pouched belt and trunks...then I'd say that's a black and gray.(although in the Hush story it's clearly supposed to be blue & not black) Now my personal opinion is he should be in a midnight blue and dark gray (maybe charcoal gray) costume.

PJ

Its so hard to say what his colors are today, I read robin 127 yesterday, he was in black and blue, pick up a issue of jla and he could be blue and gray. It's no big deal to me, honestly. I say just bring the bat.

Black and Grey. Even though he's been portrayed in the blue and grey, black and grey are the colors I picture Batman in.

On a side note I think the should start phasing out the underwear on the outside of the costume. It makes the outfit less intimidating when you have a pair of speedos on the outside of your tights . . . if that makes any sense.

And about him being all black, i kinda dig the gray mostly becaue i love the big 'ol bat symbol without the ugly yellow oval

Originally though Bob Kane intended for him to be two shades of black.It was the 70's Art Deco style when everything got all wonky, not only for Bats himself but he hung around a guy with a short yellow cape and green panties!

I am the opposite

I prefer the yellow oval symbol better.

The Big Black bat one looks too simple and boring.

OK, f@<# preferance. Is it really black and grey? YES.

PERIOD.

Bob Kane drew it that way, there for IT IS LAW.

If anyone dares to say otherwise, then they are a blight on society.

Is everyone happy?

Good, now for Bat-cookies and Bat-milk. @loll@

okay, I have no clue what you mean by what is it supposed to be?? as in what is it actually now in the comics and people can't tell??

I think it has been black for years now.. but with the Hush story I think they went back to blue..

anyways, it has always been blue for me, thats what I grew up with.