Rvd's Contract Expiring & Maybe Leaving Wwe!

Outsiders

Rob Van Dam's contract will expire on 6/27, but from what I've heard he has verbally agreed to a new multi-year deal with the company. Though, as of last word he has not officially re-signed.

There had been some talk which has recently subsided, that RVD would be leaving the company once his current contract was up. But there is some feeling that if RVD does leave WWE, there will really be nowhere else for him to go due to the fact that Japan is not what it once was nowadays and most guys who work with WWE don't fathom the idea of going back to Japan. The money is less over there and the style of wrestling is physically harder on the body, as well as the audience response being a lot less.

Many feel that RVD could do well working indies short-term, though he wouldn't even come near what he is earning in WWE and many feel that it is much too big of a risk to take with a career such as this.

Source: ProWrestlingScoops.com

It amazes me how he could be so popular when he first came into the WWE, and then how dull/repitious he is now. You look back at one of his matches during the InVasion to his matches now, and the only thing that's different is the crowd's reaction. For as talented as RVD is, I would love to see him try some new things in the ring. He's been on cruise control, doing the same moves, for a long time.

I agree with hamsterboy. RVD could have and should have gotten pushed to a world strap when the crowd response for him was so loud that the WWE production crew had to alter the sound so it seemed like he wasn't more popular than the main eventers...but now, he's just gotten over-used to the WWE writers keeping him in the same role for the past year or three. I say turn him heel, make him the Whole Dam Show again, and let the good times roll.

If he DOES leave the WWE, that is another person that either Dream Stage Entertainment or the rumored Ted Turner federation could run with.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE