Tom Riker And Sela

Mr Nobody

Well, Tom Riker did appear on DS9 once. If I recall he posed as Will Riker to infiltrate DS9 and he either helped steal a runabout shuttle or the U.S.S. Defiant for the Maquis. It was one of the two. Pardon my fuzzy memory but it has been several years since I've seen that episode. Anyway as far as I remember Tom Riker surrendered and was put in prison somewhere. Sela, that is Tasha Yar's romulan daughter right? Anyway if that is her I remember that she was killed by a disrupter blast to the chest.

Read Peter David's novel "Imzadi II". It explains a LOT of what happened to Tom Riker, his escape an entanglement it a plan of Sela's. It also explains what became of the Worf/Troi relationship by the time he was assigned to DS9 and why Alexander left the Enterprise. Any fan of Tom Riker will love how his character is handled. Memorable appearances by Odo, Lwaxana Troi, Gowron and Kahless.

Hell, read ANYTHING by Peter David. Particularly his NEW FRONTIERS series. Its the best written Trek today PERIOD. Anyone who says continuity gets in the way of a good story has never read this man's work.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, Tom Riker did appear on DS9 once. If I recall he posed as Will Riker to infiltrate DS9 and he either helped steal a runabout shuttle or the U.S.S. Defiant for the Maquis. It was one of the two. Pardon my fuzzy memory but it has been several years since I've seen that episode. Anyway as far as I remember Tom Riker surrendered and was put in prison somewhere. Sela, that is Tasha Yar's romulan daughter right? Anyway if that is her I remember that she was killed by a disrupter blast to the chest.

it was the Defiant along wih other marquis member. Sisqo and dukat bargained in exchange for the sensor logs(which recorded that the obsidian order had their own ships) Riker would be allowed to do life in a cardassian prison camp instead of the usual death sentence. I could imagine that if they was to do a where are they now, Riker could be dead because the dominion destroyed most of the planet. but since there is a book that says other wise, i will take the time to read it.

As for Sela being dead, i'm not sure because those who played star trek armada knows she is an important part of that game and it stays within the continuity of the trek universe.

• 2 weeks later...

Ask your local library if they have whats called "Interlibrary Loan" If theres a copy out there available for check out theyll get it to you.

I cant really do the plot justice but it shows that even though fate has been unkind to Tom, he's still as big a hero as his "brother"

Ask your local library if they have whats called "Interlibrary Loan" If theres a copy out there available for check out theyll get it to you.

I cant really do the plot justice but it shows that even though fate has been unkind to Tom, he's still as big a hero as his "brother"

I read it also. It was really good.

You should pick it up, Mr Nobody!

Not likely to happen soon: I'm stationed on an Air-base in Japan.

Thanks anyway, though.

O, okay!

Well, when you can you should! ;)

• 2 months later...

I'm a little out of the Star Trek loop. I do watch the show, but I don't know as much about it as Transformers. Was Tom Riker the second Riker that was discover when the transporter beam messed up like 12 years prior and materialized 2 Rikers? One on the ship and one on the surface? ( I have no clue what that ep was titled, but it was on Spike the other day ).

I'm a little out of the Star Trek loop. I do watch the show, but I don't know as much about it as Transformers. Was Tom Riker the second Riker that was discover when the transporter beam messed up like 12 years prior and materialized 2 Rikers? One on the ship and one on the surface? ( I have no clue what that ep was titled, but it was on Spike the other day ).

Eight years actually. But yeah, thats it in a nutshell.