Random Thoughts

Blackmada

Well, this is my second week beginning to collect DC.

I picked up some issues of Outsiders, Teen Titans and Birds of Prey.

I ordered the first set of Hush figures.

Looks like I am currently getting Superman, Identity Crisis, Birds of Prey, Green Lantern, Teen Titans and Outsiders.

Next week I am going to try out Wonderwoman (that sounds dirty) and Flash.

So far I have noticed there have and is alot of sidekicks in the DC Universe.

Identity Crisis #1 was really good. Best comic I have read in awhile.

What was Green Lantern doing before he returned to earth recently?

What was Green Lantern doing before he returned to earth recently?

Trying to re-build the Corps, taking down some intergalatic crime ring, and freeing Kilowag's 'soul' from 'hell'.

Yea, only to come back to find his Jade with another man in his bed . . . . women. . you leave for a few months to go kick some intergalatic @$$ and they toss ya like yesterdays news.

Hal Jordan is supposed to be returning as a Green Lantern so the GL book should get pretty interesting very soon.

Or not, cuz Hal Jordan's first reaction to every problem is to hit it with a big green fist. Yawn.

Next week I am going to try out Wonderwoman (that sounds dirty) and Flash.

I've been branching out into other DC titles too recently.

For years, I've collected just the Batman Family stuff but

over the last 6months have gotten into Green Arrow,

Titans, and Outisders. The next 2 books I was going to

look at were WW and Flash.

If you pickup those up, please post a review.

Speaking of which anyone readings those titles have an opinion?

(Good, Bad, Indifferent)

Well, I've been collecting The Flash since Vol. 2 #98, so I know a 'bit' about Wally West. The Mark Waid run was interesting in the fact that he added so many speedsters into the mythos. However, the were several story arcs that made it a mainstay in my collecting this series. "Terminal Velocity," "Running Against Time," both are in trade Paperback, so pick those up when you get the chance.

There was also the Dark Flash saga, which I think was a good premise, but it lacked a little in the ending. Poor execution on Waid's part, but he was already leaving the book so....

Then, we pretty much get into the ###### Johns' age. Now this guy has done some great story arcs, especially the single issues that focus on one of Flash's Rogues Gallery. Great reads! "Iron Heights," "Blitz," pretty much EVERY story arc has been good to great!

If you get on Flash, I'd suggest getting from #201 on. That's not TOO far back and it'll bring you up to speed on what's happening with Hal Jordan returning. Also, check out JSA, as there's a story there that deals with Redemption of Spectre (Hal Jordan). This all leads up to the Hal Jordan focused FINITE series coming out in October of this year.

Hope that helps!

That info helps alot. Thanks guys.

I want to get Batman/Superman but I can't find all the issues. I'll just wait for the trade. How many issues are left until it finishes?

I really like Green Lantern for some reason. He's my favorite character right now.

What's the story with the other GL's? What were they like. I kind of remember hearing that Guy Gardner was a jerk. Who are the major GL villains?