New Rah Line?

Forcehunter

With the upcoming release of the GI Joe comic three packs in RAH style, do you think that this could start a main line of RAH figures to regular retail? Think, they not only recasted molds, or repainted, they gave us a character that was never in plastic before.

to me, this opens up a door of possibilities and a chance to show "Oh toys need gimmicks" Wal Mart that regular Joe toys can sell.

If this line does continue, we have a chance for more characters like the Jugglers, Fred V, Billy, General Flagg (the dad), and some others. This could very well be the relaunch of GI Joe: A Real American Hero. What are your thoughts? What other sets would you like to see? Maybe they could do one with a DD comic and add a RAH Kamkura.

Wishful thinking man.......but I doubt it. If that was the case VvV wouldn't even be around and they would have just started with RAH type figures to begin with. These are mainly aimed at collectors if I'm correct. Just like the Infantry and Night Force packs....those are targeted at collectors.

You never know man. This might be the start of a new line but it might not be as well. They gave us somebody that dies in the comics. That might not mean anything but I doubt it, it will probably be like this for a while though where they give us some Rah stuff but it will be mixed in with the JvC stuff I think.

i think the three packs are how JVC should started...original bodys..with new head sculpts!...cause they rock!!!

and they dont look totoally different...like the JVC/VVV figures look to rah figures!!!

I gaurantee....if the Comic 3-packs sell like the trooper packs...Rah will comeback...for at least one more comeback tour!

:)

Wishful thinking. I genuinely doubt we'll see RAH reissues on the scale of RAHC again... not anytime soon, at least. I've always been skeptical of the idea that adults buy most of the toys these days...

Our hundreds of dollars spent individually probably wouldn't amount to good sales for Hasbro... hundreds of thousands of kids buying up a few figures a month do, I imagine.

Frankly, the RAH comic book reissues suck. Snake Eyes in green pants. Ooh. Kwinn head on Big Ben body, something most of us have three dozen of. Aah. Pinheaded Scarlett on Jinx body. WOW. Don't get me started on the goggles the Baroness has, or that Sgt. Savage-chested Clutch figure.

Tom

Wishful thinking. I genuinely doubt we'll see RAH reissues on the scale of RAHC again... not anytime soon, at least. I've always been skeptical of the idea that adults buy most of the toys these days...

Our hundreds of dollars spent individually probably wouldn't amount to good sales for Hasbro... hundreds of thousands of kids buying up a few figures a month do, I imagine.

Frankly, the RAH comic book reissues suck. Snake Eyes in green pants. Ooh. Kwinn head on Big Ben body, something most of us have three dozen of. Aah. Pinheaded Scarlett on Jinx body. WOW. Don't get me started on the goggles the Baroness has, or that Sgt. Savage-chested Clutch figure.

Tom

Yeah Tom I can see what you're saying but at the same time I think like most people I'm just happy to see RAH type figures hitting the shelves again. I mean have you even experienced the VvV figures??? I'm sure you have but last wave was the first that I didn't buy every figure in the wave. The next wave will probably be the same.......all I see myself getting is the Electric Eel figure. (Not for the light up action @smilepunch@ ) Anyway......yeah snake-eyes has green pants but its a RAH mold snake-eyes that has green pants......which makes it marginally better for some reason.

Yeah Tom I can see what you're saying but at the same time I think like most people I'm just happy to see RAH type figures hitting the shelves again. I mean have you even experienced the VvV figures??? I'm sure you have but last wave was the first that I didn't buy every figure in the wave. The next wave will probably be the same.......all I see myself getting is the Electric Eel figure. (Not for the light up action @smilepunch@ ) Anyway......yeah snake-eyes has green pants but its a RAH mold snake-eyes that has green pants......which makes it marginally better for some reason.

Man, JvC, or whatever it's called these days sucks sooo bad. I'm only going to end up buying some five upcoming figures... most of them packed in with vehicles. The rest look like total garbage. It's sad to see people say "Well... Tunnel Rat's gaudy neon yellow is sort of muted!" Psshht.

And I doubt I'm buying any of the comic reissues.

Tom

Transformers proves you can have numerous lines under one banner. TFU and the past few years of Kay Bee releases under the RiD banner shows that a re-issue line involving Joes can work. Hasbro probably knows that too and is afraid to admit it. That despite all their attempts to re-invent the wheel, the classic is still beloved.

They could stand to learn a thing or two from Transformers.

Transformers proves you can have numerous lines under one banner. TFU and the past few years of Kay Bee releases under the RiD banner shows that a re-issue line involving Joes can work. Hasbro probably knows that too and is afraid to admit it. That despite all their attempts to re-invent the wheel, the classic is still beloved.

Truer words have never been typed on this message board.

Gawd, I wish Doc was gonna go to the Con @smilepunch@