Alternators, Arghhh!!!

LiquidMetal

I've got a BT Smokescreen and I've only transformed him a few times because I'm afraid of scratching his paint any more. That's why I got an Alternator Smokescreen to practice on. I've not encountered his decals coming off ever. With a little practice, I've got transforming him down to about 2 1/2 minutes.

Figureing out how to transform Smokescreen is kinda like trying to figure out a rubix cube. That's all the fun of it.

M.I.S.F.I.T= Most Irritating Small Figures In Tranformation....this kinda follows in the vain of Synch's thread "What Toys Disappointed you?"...I mean, they look really cool but does anybody agree with me that they're a little too complex, transformation-wise??

The Subarus are, anyway, IMO....

I thought about transforming my Alt. Silverstreak back into car mode but then I was like "nah, forget it, this gets on my nerves too much!" ...

I remember someone here sayin' that Smokescreen's "a royal pain"...and I hate how you can smudge his decals and mess them up :angry: ....I dunno...they shoulda made those decals stickers instead of having painted them on....They're nice to look at but should toys really be this complex/annoying?!? I long for that good ol' G1 simplicity...:wub:.... @hmmm@ It makes me wonder if gettin' more of 'em (Alternators) is really worth it...these bastards don't even have a real story behind 'em (yet)...the upcomin' Mustang and S2000 better look really, really cool or I'm passin' on both 'em....ya hear me, Takbro?? The boycott is about to begin!!! @firedevil@ .....ahem, excuse my Alt/BT bashin'...

...just had to get it (my frustration) off my chest....

#US1#

i would rather have a complex transformation and have aesthetics.

the world swings both ways dude, in order for the toy to look good in vehicle mode and robot mode, there will be some degree of complexity, like MP-Convoy, or you would probably get one that looks like ironhide and ratchet.

I can't believe people are complaining because the BT's are too hard to transform.

Sorry but are you all a bunch of invalids ? They aren't that difficult to transform

Don't be so shallow you fool,we are simply stating that its a pain in the A@# to change these guys,we all love the figures but the hard transformation and putting pressure on parts to get them even to the paint chippin off,this all sucks and makes the toy less fun from worrying you're gonna break it or scratch it.

It's like getting a game with strange controls. Sure, you get killed a few times before you adapt the control system, but learning is half the fun. I love me some complicated Transformers, like E. Mirage(though I can't get his arms right in boat mode), Smokescreen, and all the RiD Car Brothers. 20th Prime isn't THAT complicated, it's pretty close to the original...just better.

my only problem is the scale...

And what's wrong with 1:24? You know why they used that scale right?

I swear to god i can't believe the skill of fanboys finding SOMETHING to complain about...

Liquid Metal, you go right ahead and boycott BT/Alternators while the rest of us laugh at you.. @loll@ @loll@

Liquid Metal, you go right ahead and boycott BT/Alternators while the rest of us laugh at you.. @loll@ @loll@

STFU and stop bein' an arsehole Bluestreak!!! I didn't say that I would really boycott them now, did I?!? Nope!!! :P

#US1#

I swear to god i can't believe the skill of fanboys finding SOMETHING to complain about...

I like that scale because it makes them nice and big. That scale is even nicer with die-cast (cheap shot at Hasbro).

I like that scale because it makes them nice and big. That scale is even nicer with die-cast (cheap shot at Hasbro).

You gotta respect the ability to have the choice between die-cast and plastic though, I still think Hasbro did it on purpose knowing full well serious collectors would import the BT versions.

Wow, Liquid Metal pwned me.. I hope he doesn't boycott me next.. @loll@

@hmmm@ Whats got your panties in a wrinkle? I never complained about anything. I just prefer G1 scale(1:48?) to bigger scales like energon ironhide or something. Who said I was a fanboy? I have opinions that I think could make them better, but in no way did I say alternators suck.

@hmmm@ Whats got your panties in a wrinkle? I never complained about anything. I just prefer G1 scale(1:48?) to bigger scales like energon ironhide or something. Who said I was a fanboy? I have opinions that I think could make them better, but in no way did I say alternators suck.

my bad, that wasn't directed towards you..

And my panties are quite unbundled actually, I just find it amusing that certain types of people will look for any reason to complain..

my bad, that wasn't directed towards you..

And my panties are quite unbundled actually, I just find it amusing that certain types of people will look for any reason to complain..

Oops... now I sound stupid :P

Sorry for the confusion there... @loll@ @smilepunch@

I just received Alts. Smokescreen (have been wanting a Subaru Impreza WRC for years!!!) and Sideswipe and i'm very impressed. I haven't opened them yet, but they look simply amazing. Sure it's a shame the cars are not metal, but at least the tires are rubber.

The scale doesn't bother me at all. At first i thought they were way too tiny, but after seeing how good they look with MP Prime, i'm convinced the scale was properly chosen.

If the transformations are good, i'll probably buy Hound and Silverstreak as well.

Unfortunately i won't be able to open them for two weeks, since i'm leaving for Egypt on Thursday, for a well deserved vacation. Hope camels taste better than they look.

Oh well, i will be opening some stuff tomorrow (Armada Hoist, Tidal Wave, Wheeljack & some Minicon sets), so hopefully i TF-ed long enough to last my whole vacation.

:D

I don't think they are that hard at all. They just take a little longer than normal. This is the only line of TF's I collect and love them. I can't wait to get Hound!

Draven #US1#