Alternators, Arghhh!!!

LiquidMetal

M.I.S.F.I.T= Most Irritating Small Figures In Tranformation....this kinda follows in the vain of Synch's thread "What Toys Disappointed you?"...I mean, they look really cool but does anybody agree with me that they're a little too complex, transformation-wise??

The Subarus are, anyway, IMO....

I thought about transforming my Alt. Silverstreak back into car mode but then I was like "nah, forget it, this gets on my nerves too much!" ...

I remember someone here sayin' that Smokescreen's "a royal pain"...and I hate how you can smudge his decals and mess them up :angry: ....I dunno...they shoulda made those decals stickers instead of having painted them on....They're nice to look at but should toys really be this complex/annoying?!? I long for that good ol' G1 simplicity...:wub:.... @hmmm@ It makes me wonder if gettin' more of 'em (Alternators) is really worth it...these bastards don't even have a real story behind 'em (yet)...the upcomin' Mustang and S2000 better look really, really cool or I'm passin' on both 'em....ya hear me, Takbro?? The boycott is about to begin!!! @firedevil@ .....ahem, excuse my Alt/BT bashin'...

...just had to get it (my frustration) off my chest....

#US1#

@loll@ Thanks, yea I keep hearing how much of a B**** they are! I havn't opened one yet though... Waiting for alt sideswipe to go on sale, then I'll open him :)

My Smokescreen isn't smearing...hmm...I love the Smokescreen in both modes, but Sideswipe...nyah...I keep him in car mode...his bot mode doesn't do much for me.

Yes , Hound is the best, but dont'forget his small pistol, wich is my only drawback with him. And about those dificult to transform Subarus, you make a good point. But I enjoy that fact. Picking one up and spending 5 to ten minutes getting it right gives you you're money's worth in a sense. G1 was mostly flip the legs, turn the waist and pull out arms and head, thats not a big amount of fun time.

I'll admit it can be a pain sometimes, especially when someone wants to see the other mode ("Oh u wanna see his vehicle mode? Ok hold on".....ticktockticktock.....)

But ultimately I see the complexity as a good thing. Its nice to know they put alot of attention into the main gimmick of TFs, which is transforming, instead of diverting away from it with electronic lights or sound and other stuff.

Smokescreen...yes, he is though to transform.

Actually, the other day a friend came to my house. He saw my collection, and was especially interested in MP prime and the "cool Subaru WRX bot". I had Smokescreen in bot mode, and the guy asked me to transform him to car mode. I've never transformed Smokescreen to car mode before, and man was it difficult. I was somewhat embarassed that even after 15 minutes struggling with the toy the Subaru car looked akward, and this guy was still waiting for me to finish the transformation. I managed to transform the bot, and although it took me some time, I have to agree with Gundam Prime above: complexity is a good thing and makes the toy far more interesting.

well, Smokesscreen's easy, compared to the god-awfully hard BW Prowl...HE was hard. Or putting ol' Rampage in Tank mode, after losing the instructions...rough.

They are too difficult,I've found myself disappointed and too tired to change them back after playing w/ them for a second,they have been put back in the box and when I do take them out and change them they stay that way for a couple of days until I have the energy to put them back in vehicle mode and back in the box.

Give me a break with the sorry @$$ comments about how difficult they are. That's what makes them awesome right?!! Maybe it's just a sign of the times; no one has any patience anymore!! I remember as a kid how model building was pretty popular as almost anyone from my generation can remember putting something together with little parts and aircraft glue. How about the younger folk? Are those still popular? I'd guess to imagine that the same people who don't like building things also find the AT/BT annoying. Just a guess...

To me the fact that so many of you feel that spending too much time (5-10 minutes.. WOW) sucks @$$ more so than a toy geared towards those of use who grew up on G1 as 7-10yo's and have fantasized for 20 years about real, modernized, highly detailed versions of autobots (and hopefully the original Decepticon crew will eventually arive as well!).

Anyways, sorry if this offends anyone, but if I did, well, that's what makes our country the best in the world--freedom and free speech!!

Yeah the paint chipping sucks, but as far as transformation goes, the more intricate the better in my book.

Let the flames spread!! Ain't it great to be in America!

I don't mind the complexity of the transformation, but on the Subarus specifically I wish there was a better way to lock the leg pieces in place when going back to car mode so everything lines up properly. I can TF the thing just fine; it's fiddling w/ all the hinges and joints on the legs to get stuff to line up smoothly and properly that's hard. (Like the arms on E-Mirage.)

Give me a break with the sorry @$$ comments about how difficult they are.  That's what makes them awesome right?!!  Maybe it's just a sign of the times; no one has any patience anymore!!  I remember as a kid how model building was pretty popular as almost anyone from my generation can remember putting something together with little parts and aircraft glue.  How about the younger folk?  Are those still popular?  I'd guess to imagine that the same people who don't like building things also find the AT/BT annoying.  Just a guess...

To me the fact that so many of you feel that spending too much time (5-10 minutes.. WOW) sucks @$$ more so than a toy geared towards those of use who grew up on G1 as 7-10yo's and have fantasized for 20 years about real, modernized, highly detailed versions of autobots (and hopefully the original Decepticon crew will eventually arive as well!).

Anyways, sorry if this offends anyone, but if I did, well, that's what makes our country the best in the world--freedom and free speech!!

Yeah the paint chipping sucks, but as far as transformation goes, the more intricate the better in my book. 

Let the flames spread!!  Ain't it great to be in America!

I agree, the more complex the transformation, the better thought out the design was. Don't feel bad about the slow transformation in front of your homey Ledezman, he was probably impressed you actually managed to transform it in LESS than 1/2 an hour. I know If I handed an

alternator to one of my bros, they would be utterly confused on what to do with. One of them actually tried it one time, and he did a beautiful job of transforming it....transforming it into a pile of plastic!!! @loll@