Whacha Looking For At The Con?

flint069

Oh yeah, one more thing, how do I not look like a tourist? Would my ADC shirt make me look like one? What about me in a Dragonball Z shirt? How would we fool them because they know we really are in essence tourists in the fact we are there for a special event and we do not originate there.

@loll@ everyone forcehunter here will be the guy in the DBZ T-shirt,bermuda shorts, panama hat black knee socks w/sandles and a camera around his neck picking up stuff off of the tables going "ahh COOL! i've wanted this for years i'd pay any price for this!!!" ;) ever heard the term "blend in" or "be cool" thats what im talkin about, if you go in thinkin you'll get screwed then you will Good Luck!!

btw- on the last day thats when the dealers who's prices were so freakin high on the first 3 days decide to deal, trust me there will be plenty left on that day! if ya have any money left after payin full price for everything!!

these were just a few tips i picked up going to flea markets, swap meets, garage sales and conventions over the last 30 odd years...and for me they worked well but for people who have no clue how to be cool they probably wont work??

or maybe im stupid and all this doesnt make sense to anyone?? oh well i aint going anyway! so no big deal just thought i would pass it on??

TM

@loll@ how did you know I wear burmuda shorts? @smilepunch@

Nah I get your gig, I just wanted a reason to rant. Unfortunately though, I will not be able to wait til the last day as I will have to leave Saturday afternoon. Though I am cool with some of the dealers there and some have given me price breaks before, maybe I'll get lucky again despite it being a con.

Hey does anyone want to go toy hunting together? There are alot of figures that I am going to search for and wanted to know if we should form a pack to hunt the local KBs, Targets and TRUs

i figured you for the bermuda short type!! @smilepunch@

to bad you wont be there on the last day! at the KC con there was a guy there that had a ton of carded joes from 89-93/4 and on the last day sellin them 2 for $5 just so he didnt have to lug em' back home!! i scored hard that day! and another guy sold me a whole box of filecards for $10.00 i tellin ya the last day was when i really scored, plus i was able to find the swivel arm "orange pads" grand slam that had been eluding me for years for $15.00 as well!!!

man i wish i was going to this con!! :(

TM

Spider, I might have a Terrordrome for you. However, I'll warn you, it's been in our sun room for the past couple of years, so it needs a cleaning, and some of the tabs on it have broken. I'll try and look at it on my next day off and review it for you if you like.

Looking for cheap figures :)

The conversion rate kinda adds to the price :(

Mostly figs I dont have, not gonna even list the rare figs.:

97 snowjob

97 stormshadow

97 alleyviper

98 cobra officer

97 general hawk

94 beachhead

94 techno viper

94 30th Anniversary

Sailor [black]

Sailor [orange]

Soldier

Pilot [blue]

Marine

93 Action Force Spirit

well guys, i was supposed to be at the convention rebuilding my collection and visiting relatives. However, Uncle Sam had different plans for me, and i ended up in Iraq instead of Orlando. #US1# just doing my job i guess. but i'll be missing all those great deals i was going to take advantage of. well, everyone enjoy, and maybe i'll see ya at the next con. any clue where it will be next year?

Hey Crimson, you are the real reason we are celebrating at this con. God Bless yuo for your service to our country. I'll be toasting to ya and your unit/wing/squadron/crew.

Good Luck to you! Thank you for fighting for freedom!

You defenitly gotta come to the con next year man!!! As for where its gonna be....i have no clue :(, but they annouce in the summer. You are a real Gi Joe and without you there would be no con or gi joe figures.

Thank you Crimson! You'll be in my prayers, And See you Next year at the joe con!!! #US1#

Let us know when you get back crimson! Take Care

yeah, just doing my job. hey, when you guys find out where the next one will be, make sure to post it so i can find out. i hope they don't shut down our internet connection by then. they're slowly taking sites away from us. (no ebay. wife is happy about that one. i'd be broke otherwise) anyway, you guys enjoy! be sure to let me know if you all got what you were looking for. hope you do

yeah, just doing my job. hey, when you guys find out where the next one will be, make sure to post it so i can find out. i hope they don't shut down our internet connection by then. they're slowly taking sites away from us. (no ebay. wife is happy about that one. i'd be broke otherwise) anyway, you guys enjoy! be sure to let me know if you all got what you were looking for. hope you do

Sure will Crimson :)

Hey guys, if you need anything, check the "what are you bringing to the con" thread. I'll hold any of my stuff out that you want to reserve. @joker@