Whacha Looking For At The Con?

flint069

I posted a similar thread a month or more back and I'm sure peoples priorities have changed. Maybe to keep from stepping on peoples toes, help set up a trade, or maybe one of us will see what you miss at the show!

I'll be after a

2003 con box

2003 con Cobra Commander

2003 con Black Dragon

2003 con Black Dragon Tropper x2

2003 con Swamp viper x4

Storm Shadow v1 comp

Snake Eyes v2 com

Ninja Viper

S.T.U.N.

Transportable Tacticle Battle Platform

Destro v1

Destro v2

Despoiler

Baroness v1

Zartan v1

Chameleon Swamp Skier

TRU Duke and Silver Mirage

TRU Gung-Ho and Slugger

TRU Ace & Hawk and A-10 Thundebolt

TRU Torpedo and Night Landing

TRU Commando Team Storm Shadow

RAHC Serpentor & Shock Viper

RAHC Tomax & Xamot

Flash swivel

Grunt Swivel

Breaker swivel

Grand Slam swivel

Steeler swivel

Battleforce 200o Blaster

Eco-Force Barbecue

Eco-Force Toxo-Viper

Eco-Force Toxo-Zombie

Eco-Force Sludge Viper

Battle Corps Flint

Tiger Force Recondo

Tiger Force Bazooka

Tiger Force Lifeline

Steamroller

Crimson Venom Cycle

Crimson Vipers

Crimson Tomax & Xamot

Crimson Baroness

Keel-Haul

Sky Patrol Airborne

Sky Patrol Altitude

Sky Patrol Drop Zone

Sky Patrol staticLine

Rapid Fire

Major Storm

Updraft

Cold front

Decimator

Vapor

stuff I have for trade

Ace v1 comp c-8-9

Frostbite v1 c-8-9

Airborne/Tele viper MOC x2

Volga comp c-9 ++++

Duke/Sidetrack MOcandienC

Col Courage MOC

Snowstorm blue MOC

Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow v3 MOC wave 2 card

Wild Bill v1 c-7-8

Cutter v1 c-7-8

Sky Striker near comp c-5-6 for parts

Man-E-Faces variant MOC

You should be able to find that SE. At this years FX I found him at 3 diff Joe exclus. tables MOC for $10-15.....and I bought one.

My comic shop said Serpentor is shipping the week of the con so it will be released either the weds before the show or the weds after. I got one preordered. The Snake Eyes statue I had to wait until this week for my store to finally get mine in. I didn't preorder it and all they ordered was enough to fill preorders.

Firefly and CC should be easy enoughto find. If not you can go to local Orlando toy Scalpers Acme Comics and they will have tons of them for retail. Same goes for the statue.

Also need to add to my list

Snake Eyes Bust

Storm Shadow bust

A really nice Crimson Guard Complete for a decent price

BATs of all versions

Steel Brigade Soldiers

Key Chain Soldiers

More Grunt Soldiers

NightForce Shockwave (Need this very badly)

TRU VIpers both Navy Blue and Silver

Hiss TANKS

TRU Camo MOBAT Tank

and some accessories like weapons, helmets and such.

Stinger/Rattler 4WD

HISS 2

MOBAT

HISS 3

Slugger w/ Gung-Ho

Cobra Viper Team

Viper wave 7.75

TRU Viper set

TRU Commando Set

TRU Navy Seal Set

TRU COBRA Polar Unit Set

Monkeywrench

Torch

Zandar

Thrasher

Hawk v2

Crankcase

Duke v1

Flash v1

Snow Serpent v1

Breaker

Airborne v1

Serpentor w/ Air Chariot

Ripcord v1

Reconndo v1

Spirit v1

Stinger Driver

Alpine

Vapor/Air Viper

Shipwreck v1

I'll be looking for a couple of hasbro suits to get there ass handed to them by some collectors with ballz! @smilepunch@ j/k i'm to old and to tired to care about that anymore!

but hey if any of you guys see any lots of loose spy troops or early JvC figure lots lmk?

and here is some tips while shopping the tables (came in handy for me at the kansas city con)

1) always try to "make a deal" works really good on the last day of the show, nobody want to lug/send all there sh*t back home!!

2) try not to look/dress like a tourist....if you got enough money for a trip to fla. then you have enough money to pay full price!

3) never get too excited over anything you see on a table (NC!) ;) act as if you could take it or leave it you could care less!!!

4) "how much for the whole box" this worked for me example- this dealer had a shoe box full of joes and was selling them for 3 bucks a piece and i said how much for the whole box he said $40 woo hoo!! made a killing that day there were 2 85 snake eyes in there! plus more!

more you buy the cheaper the cost!

5) have money in all your pockets (lots of small bills) if you whip out your big ol' wad a cash people are gonna know you have money and jack up the prices on ya! and small bills because you dont want to haggle with a guy for 5 minutes and get him down to $20 for a complete 85 snake eyes then ask him to make change for your $50!!! just bad manners too!

6) wear flannel for some reason people feel sorry for a guy in flannel??

i know theres more i'll post it if i think of them!

TM

well, I will mostly be looking for the Con Souvenirs!

But, there are always a few things I am looking for, since forever:

TRU Vipers of all sorts

Sonic Vipers

Crimson Vipers from the Venom Cycle

Crimson Strike team stuff

random TRU 97/98 stuff

Steel Brigade

StarDuster

85 Eels

85 Snow Serpents

SkyPatrol Airborne

SkyPatrol Airwave

I'll be looking for

Gyro Vipers

Aero Vipers

1 sonic Viper

Swamp Rats

Sky Hawks both versions

Convention stuff - fig sets, vehicles,extra dreadheads

Headhunters

most any Joes in a dollar bin !!!!

the Operation Dragonfire Mini series on VHS

I'll be looking for a couple of hasbro suits to get there ass handed to them by some collectors with ballz! @smilepunch@ j/k i'm to old and to tired to care about that anymore!

but hey if any of you guys see any lots of loose spy troops or early JvC figure lots lmk?

and here is some tips while shopping the tables (came in handy for me at the kansas city con)

1) always try to "make a deal" works really good on the last day of the show, nobody want to lug/send all there sh*t back home!!

2) try not to look/dress like a tourist....if you got enough money for a trip to fla. then you have enough money to pay full price!

3) never get too excited over anything you see on a table (NC!) ;) act as if you could take it or leave it you could care less!!!

4) "how much for the whole box" this worked for me example- this dealer had a shoe box full of joes and was selling them for 3 bucks a piece and i said how much for the whole box he said $40 woo hoo!! made a killing that day there were 2 85 snake eyes in there! plus more!

more you buy the cheaper the cost!

5) have money in all your pockets (lots of small bills) if you whip out your big ol' wad a cash people are gonna know you have money and jack up the prices on ya! and small bills because you dont want to haggle with a guy for 5 minutes and get him down to $20 for a complete 85 snake eyes then ask him to make change for your $50!!! just bad manners too!

i know theres more i'll post it if i think of them!

TM

How do you act neutral? I am sure that even if I try to haggle, the guy will get me cause he knows how bad I will want it.

Oh and last day of the con? Are yuo nuts?The good stuff will be gone.

Please, what is the method of this madness.

Oh yeah, one more thing, how do I not look like a tourist? Would my ADC shirt make me look like one? What about me in a Dragonball Z shirt? How would we fool them because they know we really are in essence tourists in the fact we are there for a special event and we do not originate there.

Well, I am right now going to bring with me a bunch of figures to sell/trade! I will try to get a few on peoples list if I can!

I am looking for

Night Force Lightfoot

Night Force Charbroil to finish them off!!

Python Patrol Airborne I have Ripcord and need him!

Tiger Force Blizzard

Tiger Force Tunnelrat

Tiger Force Airtight to finish them off!!

Snake Eyes v1

Cobra Commander v1

and some army builders!

Michael Richards

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

wow fellas i have a lot of stuff for a lot of you guys!

why wait and have to pay con prices? do you realize how high prices are going to be there?

comp bat 35.00

comp viper 30.00+

and so on and so forth

there are a few good deals but overall this stuff will be high priced!

oh and flint email me on that con box you need man

ill hook you up

Oh yeah, one more thing, how do I not look like a tourist? Would my ADC shirt make me look like one? What about me in a Dragonball Z shirt? How would we fool them because they know we really are in essence tourists in the fact we are there for a special event and we do not originate there.

@loll@ everyone forcehunter here will be the guy in the DBZ T-shirt,bermuda shorts, panama hat black knee socks w/sandles and a camera around his neck picking up stuff off of the tables going "ahh COOL! i've wanted this for years i'd pay any price for this!!!" ;) ever heard the term "blend in" or "be cool" thats what im talkin about, if you go in thinkin you'll get screwed then you will Good Luck!!

btw- on the last day thats when the dealers who's prices were so freakin high on the first 3 days decide to deal, trust me there will be plenty left on that day! if ya have any money left after payin full price for everything!!

these were just a few tips i picked up going to flea markets, swap meets, garage sales and conventions over the last 30 odd years...and for me they worked well but for people who have no clue how to be cool they probably wont work??

or maybe im stupid and all this doesnt make sense to anyone?? oh well i aint going anyway! so no big deal just thought i would pass it on??

TM

These are my two favorite tips. I was going out to buy a

pair of swimtrunks this weekend, now I have to add a couple

flannel shirts to my shopping list too.

Other than the convention exculsives, there is not really anything

I'm looking for. I'm sure once I get there however something will

catch my eye.

@loll@ everyone forcehunter here will be the guy in the DBZ T-shirt,bermuda shorts, panama hat black knee socks w/sandles and a camera around his neck picking up stuff off of the tables going "ahh COOL! i've wanted this for years i'd pay any price for this!!!" ;) ever heard the term "blend in" or "be cool" thats what im talkin about, if you go in thinkin you'll get screwed then you will Good Luck!!

btw- on the last day thats when the dealers who's prices were so freakin high on the first 3 days decide to deal, trust me there will be plenty left on that day! if ya have any money left after payin full price for everything!!

these were just a few tips i picked up going to flea markets, swap meets, garage sales and conventions over the last 30 odd years...and for me they worked well but for people who have no clue how to be cool they probably wont work??

or maybe im stupid and all this doesnt make sense to anyone?? oh well i aint going anyway! so no big deal just thought i would pass it on??

TM

@loll@ how did you know I wear burmuda shorts? @smilepunch@

Nah I get your gig, I just wanted a reason to rant. Unfortunately though, I will not be able to wait til the last day as I will have to leave Saturday afternoon. Though I am cool with some of the dealers there and some have given me price breaks before, maybe I'll get lucky again despite it being a con.

Hey does anyone want to go toy hunting together? There are alot of figures that I am going to search for and wanted to know if we should form a pack to hunt the local KBs, Targets and TRUs

I'll be doing most of my searching in room-to-room trading. If I can't find what I need there then I'll get it after the con. I'm not flying to Florida for common items. Other than that, just blueprints and filecards that I want/ need. Don't really need anything...

I am looking for a few things, perhaps some international tiger force figures, night force figures, dreadnok ground assult and motorcycle and perhaps some troop builders. Most off all I am looking forward to spending sometime with my family and all of ADC. See you all there.

I'm looking for a lot of rare stuff this year.

I can tell you that anyone looking for troop builders, save your money. They gouge the prices of any popular figure at the cons. Most Cobra troop builders are set stupid high, Vipers, Crimson Guards, BATS.

I think that spending money at the tables is probably the last thing on my mind though, at these conventions. I'd rather hang out and meet fellow joe collectors and experience the area that the con is in.

I spent much more time at the Bar, than on the sales floor in SanFran.