Gundam Models Archive Website?

Agent Adam

I would agree, but MG doesn't have alot of my favorite Gundams. Besides, HG is so much cheaper, and 100 scale at that.

The main reason I don't get 144 kits is because they look like crap unless you paint them. I don't have the time to do all that anymore. Besides, 100 scale is the perfect size, not too big, not too small. ;)

And you can get a few of them without going broke!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit, I can't believe almost all of the MSV Strike Rouge is pink.... PINK!?!

I swear, these bastards do that on purpose to make people buy the 100 scale ones.

well the stike rouge, has a pink phase shift color, that is why its all pink, i know its very odd to see a gundam in pink, but i cant believe that there is going to be a MG Wing 0 Custom, i havent found a wing 0 custom model yet, so that is the one i am going to get, i will probly buy it right away when it comes out

Stupid gravity.. I dropped Strike and a wing snapped off the AILE pack... luckily I had some plastic cement.

I've finished all the models from my set except for Tallgeese.. it's requiring more paint then I thought. Even Tallgeese 3, the version this kit is supposed to be for will require paint. Oy.

Well, I'm still working on Tallgeese. I almost had a heart attack though: the supports that hold the balljoint polycap broke in side the right leg! Lucky my father has some thin plastic ( he's a model railroder ) so I was able to create new supports for the poly cap. With the help of some plastic cement of course. It's seems to have worked well, but I'm paranoid of moving the ankle a lot. I screwed up painting the head, but not so bad that it looks terrible. You can only really tell from close up. Since I'm buying the kit two more time at a later date, ( unless Bandai makes a MG Tallgeese. Please? ) I'll have two more chances to make the head for this version.

I went ahead and ordered some more kits. I should be done with Tallgeese just before the new ones arrive from HLJ. I ordered:

1/100th Launcher Striker

1/100th Duel Assault Shroud

1/100th Blitz

1/100th MG RX-78-2 Gundam ver Ka. ( My first MG! )

After this order it will probably be awhile before I get more. I need to let my funds catch up. @loll@ Especially when I finally find some new Transformers. However! I'm already thinking about what the next order will be. ;)

I'm thinking about:

1/100th Sword Strike

1/100th Aegis

1/100th Wing Zero

1/100th Epyon

And possibly another MG. I have my eye on either the RX-78-4 or 5. If not, I will probably get Deathscythe Hell, Tallgeese II or Altron. Altron I'm on the fence on.. I hear its not too good, even for a Wing model.

Can ya tell I'm having a blast with these? :)

The RX-78-5 is sweetness and was my first MG kit. Though, I must say I'm a sucker for Gundams with gatling guns as their main weapon. So when I saw the RX-78-5, I had to have it.

Personally, I'd pass on Epyon and Sword Strike. Neither were all that great after I finished it. Sword Strike is a bit of a rip-off [as is Aile Strike] considering there isn't much in the way of accessory add-ons as there was for Launcher Strike.

Also, if you don't have any of the 100 scale Wing Gundam or variations of it, you should get the MG kits. I just got the Wing "Kai" version today, and while there weren't any metal screws with it [a bit disappointing], it's still the superior kit for this particular Gundam thus far. Unless your looking for show accuracy. ;) MG Wing Zero Custom will be out soon [October 2004], so there's also that.

Oh, my haul for last week at the Canadian National Expo, i got HG Strike Rouge + I.W.S.P, MG Super Gundam, and the MG Wing Gundam K.A., there was so many model kits there, but the prices were so god damn expensive i paid $65 canadian for the Wing K.A., i have nevered paid for a model kit that expensive before. i bought way more model kits at AnimeNorth and they were better prices.

Also, if you don't have any of the 100 scale Wing Gundam or variations of it, you should get the MG kits. I just got the Wing "Kai" version today, and while there weren't any metal screws with it [a bit disappointing], it's still the superior kit for this particular Gundam thus far. Unless your looking for show accuracy. ;) MG Wing Zero Custom will be out soon [October 2004], so there's also that.

Oh, I plan on getting the Wing MG as well. I wish there were more.

Oh, I plan on getting the Wing MG as well. I wish there were more.

No kidding! No offense to all the lovers of Wing, Wing 0, and Wing 0 Custom, but that was my least favorite from the Wing TV series. Heavy Arms, HA Custom, DeathScythe H Custom and Sandrock Custom are way more deserving. I mean, Heavy Arms never even got a 100 scale kit. @grumpy@

Funny how only this year was there a MG kit for the W series [which ended literally years ago, we're talking over 5 years here], whereas Seed will have gotten 3 by years end.

Well, I finished my MG Wing ver.Ka a few days ago, that one took longer than expected [plus trying to watch TV while building it didn't help :P ). It's a pretty damn cool variation of Wing. The decals [which I have yet to put on] will make a huge difference. It'll look that much cooler with them on [according to the pics on the box].

Also finished my MG Aile Strike, which I must say, has been the easiest MG kit I've ever built. I was a bit disappointed that the MG version is a bit smaller [skinnier, really] than the normal HG 100 scale ones. I was hoping to throw on some of the armor and accessories from my Launcher and Sword Strike on it.

Oh well...

The launcher that it comes with pretty cool, and makes a great display piece.

Well, I finished my MG Wing ver.Ka a few days ago, that one took longer than expected [plus trying to watch TV while building it didn't help :P ). It's a pretty damn cool variation of Wing. The decals [which I have yet to put on] will make a huge difference. It'll look that much cooler with them on [according to the pics on the box].

Also finished my MG Aile Strike, which I must say, has been the easiest MG kit I've ever built. I was a bit disappointed that the MG version is a bit smaller [skinnier, really] than the normal HG 100 scale ones. I was hoping to throw on some of the armor and accessories from my Launcher and Sword Strike on it.

Oh well...

The launcher that it comes with pretty cool, and makes a great display piece.

when you built your Wing KA kit, did you have any problems, because i have heard that there is alot of faws for that kit, did all of the parts fit together ok, i just want to know, i have bought a Wing KA kit, but i am not going to touch it for a while, i still have like 8 other kits to build still

when you built your Wing KA kit, did you have any problems, because i have heard that there is alot of faws for that kit, did all of the parts fit together ok, i just want to know, i have bought a Wing KA kit, but i am not going to touch it for a while, i still have like 8 other kits to build still

Yea, all the parts were fine. However, some parts have little subtle things about it that make it fit in only one way. I'm sure you know what I mean, some are just angled slightly more or whatever at one end, and it can only fit one way. But that's more of my own carelessness than the fault of the kit.

Anyhoo, it all fitted together perfectly when done right, no problems, and is the BEST version of Wing Gundam to date. The stickers, decals, colors and design take the cake.

I will say though, that the problems might've been in the first run of the kits. The one I have is most likely a different run by now. I haven't heard of any problems from this kits. I used to work in an anime store until recently, and have sold quite a few of this kit, and have yet to hear of any problems.

The MG is skinnier? That's odd.

Yea, like I said, I wanted to accessorize that MG kit to the max, but unfortunately, it was not meant to be.

In truth, even the MG Wing ver.Ka looks skinnier than the HG 100 scale versions. The HG's look a bit more bulkier, while the MG have the skinnier, more refined and detailed profile. Or at least these two kits.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, sorry to bother you all. I am not a fan of Gundam but I sure am of Gundam kits. I prefer the master grade because my heavy arms 1/100 was lacking quality, paint applications, etc, I just didn't like it. I have MG God Gundam, RX 78-5, Zeta Plus C1, and Shadow and GP-02 still in box waiting for vacations.

I also collect the battle scarred versions.

I would like to ask a few questions before integrating myself into this conversation

Do any of you know when are the new battle scarred action figures posted in the official website coming out?

Are the arch enemies series as good as the MG kits or better and are they in the 1/100 scale (I have wing gundam and RX782)?

Thank You in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help ya man, I just don't know.

Anyway, I saw something odd and awesome today while looking through HLJ.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN48287

Apparently, Bandai is producing more of these. I may order one too, 30 dollars for a 1/60 is good. ( I hope that doesn't mean the quality is not that great though. )