Michael Turner Is The Best Batman Artist Ever!

monkey boy

ok well maybe not EVER but man...this guy can draw batman!

even though i don't care for his interpretations of superman or wonder woman or basically anyone else, his batman is near PERFECT! i love the lanky, skinny batman, it accentuates his lack of super powers and makes him more shadowy and dark and lurky (is that a word?). i love the way turner makes his cape fall and i love the way he makes the ears point. this is the perfect interpretation of batman in my opinion. while i liked jim lee's version, it was basically just your average super buff jim lee everyman wearing the batman costume.

i hope DCD decides to do figures based on turner's batman/superman run, so that i can get my hands on what would undoubtedly be the perfect batman figure.

I agree his Batman is THE PERFECT RENDITION OF BATMAN PERIOD. Ideol build, ideol color sheme and ideol costume details i.e. the long ears, the cape etc.

His version of Batman is a hell of allot better than lee's. I really hope DCD does a figure in this stlyle.

I think that Jim Lee,Neal Adams and Norm Breyfogle are leaps and bounds ahead of him.But Turner draws a good Bats still.I think that it's a given that DCD will make figures based on his Sperman/Batman run...

I think that Jim Lee,Neal Adams and Norm Breyfogle are leaps and bounds ahead of him.But Turner draws a good Bats still.I think that it's a given that DCD will make figures based on his Sperman/Batman run...

Wow Norm Breyfogle is old school Detective Comics from the 80's good call.

I knew Neal Adams would come up. As good as he is is till think Turner is better. And he's still way better than jim Lee. someone mentioned that Lee's batman was the typical musclebound Lee character in a batman suit. I think that about sums it up.

I also hate the stubby ears and flush arm spikes.

Wow Norm Breyfogle is old school Detective Comics from the 80's good call.

I love Norm Breyfogle's rendidtion of Batman.DCD should make a line based on his art...

Michael Turner's style is from Jim Lee, all those guys from the mid 90's like Art Theibert, Whilce Portacio, and even Marc Silvestri owes a little to Jim Lee. He was the first before the Water Chick guy started drawing comics.

Turner is very good when it comes to drawing Batman, but I wouldn't say he's the best.

He is the best Batman artist so far in my thoughts

Can someone post a good pic of this guys art work so we can actually make a judgement?

Go to a comicshop ya cheapskate....just jokeing dude...;)

Michael Turner's style is from Jim Lee, all those guys from the mid 90's like Art Theibert, Whilce Portacio, and even Marc Silvestri owes a little to Jim Lee. He was the first before the Water Chick guy started drawing comics.

art thibert? straight up jim lee rip-off. look at when he took over x-men back in the 90s. his style is 100% watered down copied jim lee.

whilce portacio? damn good. although i think he's a bit looser than the others.

marc silvestri? owes a LOT to jim lee. this guy used to be one of the loosest pencilers around, until recently when he tightened up and became EXACTLY like jim lee. not so much a rip off (like thibert) but refining his style brought it too close to lee in my opinion.

michael turner has a tightness that to me is different from lee. he reminds me more of joe madeuira and j. scott campbell, people who came in the wave after lee, portacio, mcfarlane, liefeld, etc. those newguys like campbell and madeuira came in with a fairly new style, although they were all pretty similar to each other.

having said all that, i'm not a huge fan of michael turner's work. he's known for his women which i'm not totally fond of. i also don't like his superman, but i think his batman is just amazing. the classic artists obviously deserve all their credit, but nowadays when comic art has advanced so much, i think it's fair to say turner's batman is my favorite.

and about action scenes being bad? turner drawing batman going crazy with an axe on some doomsday clones. it's practically orgasmic.

i like his batman for the same reason i don't so much like lee's. i'm a huge jim lee fan, and i almost go so far as to consider him my favorite comic artist, but his batman, as i said before, is just a typical jim lee strong guy with batman's costume on. i like turner's approach because it's more original. it deviates from even what turner is used to doing (big doofy guys, foxy chicks). he really went above and beyond with his batman, and i give him credit for it.