Ricochet Or Stepper

Starscream49

Stepper is still Stepper the same as Hot Rod still being Hot Rod

But if you're sticking with the japanese name, surely you'd call Hot Rod "Hot Rodimus"? Or are you just going by the first name to exist?

I still am wondering why they decided to go with a stepper rerelease. It's cool and everything, don't get me wrong there, but with all the G1 figures out there too choose from why him. In essence it is a repaint yea, but they still have to make the targetmaster.

I still am wondering why they decided to go with a stepper rerelease. It's cool and everything, don't get me wrong there, but with all the G1 figures out there too choose from why him. In essence it is a repaint yea, but they still have to make the targetmaster.

My theory is that they are bringing him in two different market since he may be a Jazz repaint in the binaltech/alternator line. There is no other repaint for the autobut who needs to buggy, so that is my reason is that they are getting ready for the binal series and since he isn't release in the U.S., they are bringing him out. They do not have him as a g1, no one will know who is stepper is and they will not purchase the binaltech/alternator figure in the western part of the world.

Hey Dolphin Snagger, please watch the comments - they were inappropriate and I deleted it.

As for name preference, it will be Stepper for me as always :)

Hey Dolphin Snagger, please watch the comments - they were inappropriate and I deleted it.

As for name preference, it will be Stepper for me as always :)

Sorry, I didn't think it would be a problem, I tried to use socially accepted titles for what I was refering to.

Nevermind. Looks like the TM is gonna be the same name as Cyclonus: Nightstick.

Maybe Ill stick with Ricochet for the robot and call the TM Stepper. Or vice versa. Depends on my mood when I get him. This will be my first official Hasbro re-issue.

Stepper just sounds better & is easyer to say/remember than the other so stepper for me & steper for you or we will step all overrr youu!

I'll be calling him Ricochet. Being a reissue, he is (to me at least) a new toy designed to mimic the original, which is of course Stepper. The toy is not in actuality a Stepper, and as such I don't plan to call him that.

As for why they're doing this, they're probably trying to see how the sales go. This being a new G1 release to the US, even most hardcore collectors don't have an original yet, and Hasbro is probably banking on that driving up sales of this release. If it does, dare we hope that we get more non-US releases like Star Convoy and Victory Saber???

im getting both so who knows. stepper sounds more correct although riccochet is a dope name. how did they come up with that name? anybody know?

when r they out anyway?

Well, the word ricochet is often associated with firearms and the use thereof.

Ricochet is a Targetmaster

Targetmasters are primarily known for their FIREARMS. And the Techs for Stepper mention him being a marksman.

And one would assume that with such a prominent gun motif that a name like Ricochet would have some relevence to the character. In fact its actually more relevant than Stepper is when you really think about it.

Im not saying you cant call the figure what you want. Far from it. Im just saying Ricochet isnt all that illogical a name to give a Targetmaster. Hasbro may not have been able to use Stepper for all we know. I dont really care to be honest, Im just glad to be getting the toy.