Are We Hitting A Targetmaster Trend In Reissues?

Starscream49

I still want Dinobots! :D

My reissue wish list:

Galvatron

Cyclonus

Scourge

Kup

Blurr

Blaster

(And in a surprise Commerative Series release, all 5 Dinobots)

^_^

Don't know if we'll get more Targetmasters. To me, it means they're running out of Autobot cars to reissue.

I'm hopint that isn't the case, but my guess is that they're using the TM reissues to stall to get the damaged molds fixed up - at least that's what I am hoping for - they still have Wheeljack, Mirage, and Sunstreaker left to reissue as they haven't been reissued yet :)

I was thinking about this the other day.

I think the Targetmasters are placeholders, molds they already fixed that only need a slight tweak to make into a new figure.

My guess is yes we'll see Artfire eventually. But another slight mold change that would be even cooler would be soundblaster. Mold Soundwave in black, add a larger chest drawer. Boom, Soundblaster!

I think we'll see that in the near future. (I've seen a lot Asian collectors unloading Soundblaster lately, just like they did with Stepper last year.)

I'd say it's very doubtful that we'll see a drastic increase of Targetmasters over other figures for quite some time. It seemed that way with Stepper and TM Hotrod, but then they announced Hound and somewhat threw that theory out the window. I actually wouldn't mind if they alternated between releaseing 1 Targetmaster and then one normal car or what not.

I'm a big fan of Targetmasters/Brainmasters/Headmasters and to a lesser extent Powermasters so anything in that respect is A-OK in my books.

I want reissue Headmasters....

Indeed! Does anyone know if the wheeljack mold is still good? He is one I would love to see reissused! I should really just shell out for the original but uhgnn....

Anyways I agree with some of the above that the target masters are just fillers of sorts for us collecters :) . Not like anyones gona complain or anything though! If anything takara or who ever just read all the complaining about how long it takes for reissues ect to get out so are putting these in to fill in the gaps!

Personaly I hope they keep stuff like this up! Its nice to have something a bit out of the ordenary now & then! I just hope they do a head master next!

I was thinking about shelling out for Wheeljack too, but I'll wait and see what Takara does after Stepper....

I'm still going to shell out for an original Stepper despite the fact he's going to be reissued...I have an opportunity so I may as well take it. I'd rather have the original release of the figure if I can :)

Kup, Blurr, Scourge and Cyclonus were prominent Season 3 characters. They should at least re-release the Targetmaster verions of THEM, perhaps with the original guns packed as well, but modified to fit TM hands like they did with Hot Rodimus recently.

Best of both worlds.

Kup, Blurr, Scourge and Cyclonus were prominent Season 3 characters. They should at least re-release the Targetmaster verions of THEM, perhaps with the original guns packed as well, but modified to fit TM hands like they did with Hot Rodimus recently.

Best of both worlds.

Good idea. And I love the reissue topics. Eventually, Id like to see all the tf reissued in the tf collection. Id like to know what the big brains at Takara are thinking about this line. If they got plans to release every tf from the 80's series. Yes, we know we wont get SWave, Jetfire, Deluxe cars and Insecticons, Omega Supreme and Sky linx to name a few.

Takara should also reissue TFs from the later years of G1, for example, like they did with Sixshot (Not a TF Collection, but it was very nice). I'd like to see the "large" Headmasters, Powermasters and Targetmasters reissued.

Also, Takara should consider releasing a combiner for the TF collection line (let's hope there are already plans for this!).

Takara should also reissue TFs from the later years of G1, for example, like they did with Sixshot (Not a TF Collection, but it was very nice). I'd like to see the "large" Headmasters, Powermasters and Targetmasters reissued.

Also, Takara should consider releasing a combiner for the TF collection line (let's hope there are already plans for this!).

How about Predaking???!!!

@orko@

I was thinking about shelling out for Wheeljack too, but I'll wait and see what Takara does after Stepper....

I'm still going to shell out for an original Stepper despite the fact he's going to be reissued...I have an opportunity so I may as well take it. I'd rather have the original release of the figure if I can :)

I bet I can call that opportunity by name @loll@

At the very least, charaters who had a fair amount of exposure in the cartoon ought to be given a slightly higher priority

But Japanese exclusive characters like Stepp/ochet, Artfire, Sunstorm and Road Rage are more than welcome too. Help spice the line up a little.

Of course if more TM gun molds ARE available, watch Takara release a special Mystery Box promotion with them.

I could even go for TM guns being packed with other TFs with a 5mm fist hole for TFU. Be better than Minicons that cant interact with them. Ive found even Armada Powerlinx Hotshot can hold Hot Rod's TM in robot mode, and the TMs peg can fit in the PL port in his engine/gun in car mode.

Starts with an S and ends with an L

Starts with an S and ends with an L

I was right!! @loll@ :)

Doc evil THat sir would rock! Target masters by them selfs! The good ones anyways! Not those lil pedly fugly ones! The type that come with hotrod/artfire/stepper ect! Those ones!

Those ones I'd love to see singlely or in a pack! Even thrown in with guys from the universe line would rock! Personaly I think it needs some more g1 typeish stuff my self!

Me too, I just got a Mirage pretty cheap. Minty and complete for $35