Was Ig-88 Destroyed?

T.A.P.

I remeber seeing in The Empire Strikes Back in the scene where Chewie finds C-3PO's parts and it looks like off to the side is IG-88 lying next to the incinerator. Was that him? If so, does anyone know why/how it happened?

I don't think that was him. There was a book released several years ago with several short stories about bounty hunters and there was a story about how all the other bounty hunters tried to take Han Solo from Boba Fett before he delivered him to Jabba. IG-88 was destroyed in that story. Of course that's not official continuity, if there even is such a thing in the mess of a universe that George built.

No that's another droid that actually has a name. I can't recall it but it was given to him on the cards I believe.

Draven #US1#

Was it from the Decifer CCG? If so, was it the Cloud City expansion?

No that's another droid that actually has a name. I can't recall it but it was given to him on the cards I believe.

Draven  #US1#

Was it from the Decifer CCG? If so, was it the Cloud City expansion?

It may have been, I can't remember. I have hundreds of cards and way to many series. lol Try posting at Galactic Hunter or Rebelscum. I'm sure someone there can help you out with your question.

Draven #US1#

Funny thing is IG-88 seems to have met his death in Shadows of the Empire, but depending on which source he died many different ways.

If you go by the comic that came with the Boba Fett vs IG-88 pack.....Boba Fett killed him over Tantooine in a space battle.

But, if you go by Shadows of the Empire the Video game, IG-88 set down for repairs after battleing Fett and Dash Rendar killed him.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I recall, IG-72 was the droid seen in Bespin. According to a story, I think in Tales from the Bounty Hunters or the Empire. IG-88 was constructed to be an Imperial Assassin droid along with 4 other prototype droids as the next step from the IG-72 series. IG-88A woke up in the lab, killed all the techs, and "freed" his brothers, IG-88B, C, D, and E. They actually shared consciousness and memories. They invited IG-72 to join, but he actually declined. They took over the research planet they were created on, constructed a ship, IG-2000 and took off intending to take over the Galaxy. They have died in a couple of different ways, once Boba Fett killed one, one may have been on the first death star, etc.. etc..

Y'know, I shoulda read that link before my post... I could have sworn there was supposed to be 5 of those droids, but oh well.

I think the way that this character was handled was at least original, but I also think it's entertaining. You have to admit it's much better than some sort of death, resurrection, death, resurrection thing like how Magneto is handled in the Marvel Universe.