I Made A Mistake! Batman Figures Are Not Movie!

Deathlok2001

Yes, they are not as nice as the hush batman figures.......but still, i am glad i have them.

and YES, i did buy 2 of the batman figures. One to open & one to keep in the package. I am going to get the hush batman & the zipline & make an all batman shelf!

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have some lemons there.

The DC Superheroes figures were badly re-hashed molds from various sources, including the famed, and much-loved Kenner Super Powers series.

The re-casts and re-paints on some figures were poor, the quailty was cheap. They are NOT widely sought.

Its VERY doubtful there is ANY collector interest in them and certainly none for paying prices at above their original retail--they'd actually be less. The Kenner line before them is a must more appealing product and correspondingly appreciates.

This one doesn't.

if there is not collector interest, thats OK. I am keeping them. BUT i do see your point. They are not as finely detailed as the figures out today. They look kind of cheap & poorly constructed.

Yes, i am new to this action figure collecting thing.......

Since you are new to the action figure hobby, permit me to offer some advice:

If you have the means, find out where the local swap meets and toy shows are--look for flea markets too. Dedicated toy shows are scalper shows and you may as well walk into a collectible store instead.

Garage sales are a good way to find stuff as is the classifieds, but you'll use up a LOT of shoe leather/ gas money looking for stuff.

Consignment stores like Value Village can have gems but you have to hit them on the right days.

When you see something cool: if you do NOT recognize what it is, never pay more than $5 for it.

If you do recognize it, try not to pay more than $10.

Try to know what it is you are buying before you pull out the wallet.

MOC ( mint on card) often means MuchO Cash, at least in my experience, but I have found stuff hanging on the pegs at out -of-the-way stores in the nowhere parts of town for good prices.

Make friends with people on-line and your search area stops being local, its becomes GLOBAL.

The best thing to do is to ALWAYS go for quality over quantity--that way you'll spend less. You don't need to have the most toys, you should have the most fun with the toys you get.

Be patient, research, research research.....and ENJOY what you buy.

If you are having fun then you are doing it right.

I use to have a ton of those Dc Super Heros figs, as well as the Batman movie Line. I also had a ton of toy biz Marvel figs from roughly the same time frame...I believe toy-biz made the Marvel ones as well???

I use to have a ton of those Dc Super Heros figs, as well as the Batman movie Line. I also had a ton of toy biz Marvel figs from roughly the same time frame...I believe toy-biz made the Marvel ones as well???

Yep, the same Toybiz that made those DC Comics Superheroes figures, now makes the Marvel Legends figures.

They have, in a word, comes a loooooooooooooooong way babee.

Waaaay back then, when they started they didn't have a direct affiliation with either Marvel or DC, other than the toys licenses.

That Marvel later accquired them ( and Toybiz later "accquired" itself) was one of the smarter moves Marvel has ever made.

The irony of it all is that DC could have bought up Toybiz early on just as Marvel did, but chose not to--a failing they must be quietly kicking themselves for.

To Toybiz's credit every wave they released up to the present has improved upon itself--I've purchased every Captain America figure ( for example)ToyBiz ever released and they show constant improvments from the first one to the Marvel Legends one. Its actually part and parcel of why the earlier lines are not as collectible as the most recent ones.

What was the Toybiz Marvel line they had back in 1990 called? I was refering to that line of Marvel figs.

I'm pretty sure the very first Marvel product ToyBiz cranked out was

Marvel Superheroes--featuring a Spiderman, Captain America, Thor ( without a cape) , Punisher--don't think they had a villain in the line.

X-men was their second.

Back in the early- mid '90's, I actually started my carded collection w/ the Marvel Super Heroes and DC Heroes; but, I quickly moved on to other lines. I ran across a "Talking" Venom, got the Punisher and a few of the early X-Men figs, and then a friend and a I found Batman movie figs at a small collectibles shop. We ordered a few through mail order, and then, I got into the Batman animated line.

Off-topic (being the DC forum), but, here's an image of the early MSH line:

Marvel Super Heroes card back