New To Dc

Blackmada

I am not exactly new. Here is some info about me that relates to DC.

I have read some comics over the last ten years, watched movies and tv shows.

I have at least read previews of DC comics to at least get an idea of what was happening.

I have tried getting into the comics but always found it hard to understand the continuity.

The Hush story kind of got me into DC comics. I love Jim Lee so I got the etire Hush story and loved it.

I am getting Superman, beacause of Jim Lee mainly. So far I like it too.

I have the Teen Titans and Outsiders trades. I read the Outsiders and really liked it.

This week I picked up an issue of Green Lantern. It looked interesting.

I also recently got the first two issues of the new Firestorm series.

I watch Smallville every week. It is one of my favorite shows.

I am interested in getting some DC Direct figures but have some questions.

Mainly I would like to get the major characters: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman etc. Who is easily available and what online stores carry good selections?

What current DC comics are you guys mostly enjoying that you would recommend I pick up?

That is enough gabbing from me for now, later.

One of the best online stores I have found is

http://store.kryptoncollectibles.com/index.html

Good prices and a GREAT guy to deal with! Most everyone that I have talked to that has dealt with him swears by him! Sandy is his name!

He might not have all the ones you are looking for, but, he might be able to recommend someone else or even get one for you.

If you're into Smallville, you may like the Superman:Birthright miniseries. It's a retelling of Superman's early years and a pretty good story. The Flash is a good mainstream hero book. If you like team books, give JSA a try. The team has been around for a long time, and there is a lot of history, but you don't need to know everything to enjoy what's going on. And if you have questions, there are plenty of us here that are more than happy to answer them for you.

Thanks guys. I'll check those places out.

I picked up the first issue of Identity Crisis.

I have been thinking about getting some JLA trades and start getting that and JSA.

If I can find the issues of Superman/Batman I might get those too.

What are the best ongoing Batman and Superman books? If I could only get one of each, which should I get?

Superman/Batman is the best IMO. The creative teams on the Superman books are too new to judge, and Batman has rotating creators, so it's hit or miss. I really don't care for Detective at this time. I used to like Legends of the Dark Knight the most.