Original Zartan Filecard Question

Scotty97

I was looking through some of the ridiculous auctions that Firefly 2121 pointed out and noticed something that caught my eye. The seller plasticdreams, which I know has a bad reputation already, listed the Zartan w/skier as the "super rare non-schizo" version of the file card.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5902241893

I checked Yojoe and they only had the schizo version shown, but I thought that the version with the reference to him being "extreme paranoid schizophrenic(sp?)" was the rare version since some human dignity groups or somesuch had protested. Can anyone clear up my confusion on this?

Thanks.

I've had about ten File cards for Zartan and they were all the schizo version. I still need the non-schizo version. They probably had the same amount made, But because of the complaints people think the first version is "rare".

The scizo filecard for Zartan is very common. While someone did protest, Hasbro was not quick to make the change. As such, the version without the reference to his scizo is rarer. Most dealers will try to sell the scizo version as the expensive variant, but this is a rare case where the correction is rarer than the original.

This is not to be confused with the Buzzer filecard variant. The Buzzer card that refers to his "repressed pschotic anger" is much harder to find than the version that removes this text.