Nightwing

dcfansb#1

I like Nightwing too, and I think he is starting to get props - he's finally getting a DCD figure as part of HUSH and I think he was well portrayed in JLA's Obsidian Age :)

I think you guys are missing the fact that Nightwing did not do the same training that Batman did.

Batman trained for more years than Dick has been alive. He has traveled all over the world mastering many different fighting styles and learning from the best.

Now, Batman trained Nightwing in far less time and with much less detail. He could not possibly have passed on even half of what he knows. Think if you went to school for 10 years.. then you are asked to teach some foreign person what you have learned in school in 1 year. First off, you are not a teacher, and are less able to pass on the lessons that way than a real teacher would be. Second, you have far less time to teach in. So what will happen is you will give your student the highlights of what you know.. but they still don't know half the crap that you do.

I don't think Nightwing's ability to fight has ever really been in question. But he is definetely not Batman's equal. I really like what they have been doing with his character as of late. His solo book has been a great read every month. Also, I really liked that little cameo he had in Teen Titans a few issues back when the Titans and the League were goin at it, and Nightwing showed up squared everything away. The issue of Hush that he was in was really good too, I thought it had some real good insight on what Batman thinks about Nightwing. I think he really fills the 'oldest son' role of the Bat family extremely well. I just started picking up the Outsiders so I can't make a sound judgment on the series yet. The one thing I can say about that series that's a real injustice is that Arsenal gets a lot more tail than Nightwing lol.

I don't think Nightwing fights out of boredom. I think he fights

crime because he has a strong sense of justice and right and

wrong. He even became a police officer. Nightwing's character

is cool, because unlike Batman, NW was able to put the death of

his parents' behind him.

My big problem with current Nightwing book/ story is I think they

are trying to make him more like Bruce, piling on tragedy after

tragedy so he becomes darker and more driven.

I don't think Nightwing fights out of boredom. I think he fights

crime because he has a strong sense of justice and right and

wrong. He even became a police officer. Nightwing's character

is cool, because unlike Batman, NW was able to put the death of

his parents' behind him.

My big problem with current Nightwing book/ story is I think they

are trying to make him more like Bruce, piling on tragedy after

tragedy so he becomes darker and more driven.

Thats a very good point!

All very good points, even Clam made a good one.

-But it seems as if you dont think that Bats is a good teacher. Bruce was just some rich little snot nose kid (at the time). Dick was a performer, and had more to work with. Just because Bruce trained Dick means jack$hit.

- Kobe is a much better basketball player than his father was, and his dad trained him. As a matter of fact he is better than most people who have been playing longer than he has been alive.

-No one said Dick is better than Bruce, but for the age he is, he is by far better.

-When Bruce was in his med 20's he was getting his @ss throw at him (compared to Dick).

-I think the reason people down play NW is because they all compare him to Bats.

- NW is also one of the most tackfull fighter and thinkers, and thats why he is such a good team leader.

-By the way NW gets tail also. Remember Starfire, Barbra, Huntress, the one lady one the police force, and a couple more.

dcfansb#1 Posted on Jun 15 2004, 10:48 PM

-By the way NW gets tail also. Remember Starfire, Barbra, Huntress, the one lady one the police force, and a couple more.

I was just saying I think its an in justice that Arsenal has been gettin more action than Nightwing as of late . . . all NW seems to be getting is blown up lol. I didn't know he hooked up with Huntress. . . when was that? I had stopped reading right after Contagion and started up again about half way through Hush.

He was doing Huntress right before he started back with Barbra. Thats why she hates him. Huntress now is doing Arsanel(sp).

-I dont know what happend to him and Babs but yeah NW and Tarantula are doing it now.

-Robin is starting to be a little pimp too. Spoiler and like 2 or 3 chicks at his school. Its like they show Robin is kissing more than show fighting.

-I guess when you see girls by the dozen running in an out of Wayne Manor you pick up a few things, lol.

You gotta respect nightwing, It's hard for me to explain it, but he is just one of my favorite heroes for no reason.