Nightwing

dcfansb#1

WHEN CAN NIGHTWING GET THE RESPECT THAT HE HAS EARNED YEARS AGO. HE IS IN THE TOP OF FIGHTERS AND NOBODY WANTS TO SAY IT. MAYBE BECAUSE HE STARTED OUT AS A SIDEKICK. HE STARTED AS THE YOUNGEST HERO EVER AND WAS DOING AT THE AGE OF TEN WHAT SOME HERO ARE JUST NOW DOING.

-WHEN HE WAS AT THE AGE OF TEN HE WON THE FIGHT OVER BLOCKBUSTER (ONE OF THE SRONGEST MEDAHUMANS EVER).

-ANYONE CAN JUST GO TO YOUR LOCAL COMIC STORE AND PICK UP A ROBIN YEAR ONE COMIC AND JUST SEE HOW TIGHT HE WAS BACK THEN, LET ALONE NOW.

I think Nightwing is a cool character

Maybe even better than Batman!

But no one knows for sure.

I think Nightwing does earn his respects already.

it depends on what type of respect you are talking about.... in the comics he gets some of his just dues... but if you are talking action figure wise i think that we could use a couple more versions instead of a thousand green or orange batmen... personally i like nightwing better than bats but thats just my opinion

I MEAN WHY DOES EVERYONE (MARVEL) SAY THAT HE IS A 4TH OR 5TH RATE FIGHTER. I DONT KNOW OF ANYONE THAT CAN REALY SEE NW BESIDES BATS HIMSELF. I KNOW THAT ALOT OF YOU DONT THINK SO BUT I DO. AND THE ONLY REASON I SAY THAT IS BECAUSE BATS HAS BEEN DOING IT FOR SO LONG NOW.

I'll admit that he's good, maybe top ten. But I think that Batman, Shiva, Richard Dragon and Bronze Tiger rank above him. As a character I think that he's respected as much as anyone else.

More than that, I'd say. I'd put Richard Dragon, Shiva, Bronze Tiger, Vic Sage, Connor Hawke, Cassie Cain all well above Dick in terms of pre non-metal fighting ability. And if we dig into the future, Val Armorr would take him out with a blink.

Nitewing has gotten props...now like Scarlet Spidey said he has gotten shafted on the figure area...but come on Grayson has enough respect to go around the DC universe 2 times...If you remember in Bruce Wayne Fugitive, Dick got a few good hits on ol Bats before they stopped...so as far as fighting goes i think Dick ranks pretty high...

WHEN CAN NIGHTWING GET THE RESPECT THAT HE HAS EARNED YEARS AGO.  HE IS IN THE TOP OF FIGHTERS AND NOBODY WANTS TO SAY IT.  MAYBE BECAUSE HE STARTED OUT AS A SIDEKICK.  HE STARTED AS THE YOUNGEST HERO EVER AND WAS DOING AT THE AGE OF TEN WHAT SOME HERO ARE JUST NOW DOING.

-WHEN HE WAS AT THE AGE OF TEN HE WON THE FIGHT OVER BLOCKBUSTER (ONE OF THE SRONGEST MEDAHUMANS EVER).

-ANYONE CAN JUST GO TO YOUR LOCAL COMIC STORE AND PICK UP A  ROBIN YEAR ONE COMIC AND JUST SEE HOW TIGHT HE WAS BACK THEN,  LET ALONE NOW.

Why the can't you post correctly? it hurts the people you are attempting to communicate with eyes, if you post entirely in Caps. knock it off for the love of God.

I don't know who Richard Dragon is or Bronze Tiger for that fact but to say that Batgirl and Shiva are better then Nightwing is just the thing I am talking about.

-Batgirl was only trained by Cain. Thats it. But so was Batman. The thing is that Bats also trained with alot more people. Which is why Cain got it handed to him when they got down. Yes Cain did teach her ever thing he knows but he also did the same for Bruce, it just didn't take him 12 years to learn.

-Bruce trained Dick in everthing he knew. How can she be a better fighter.

-In a comic when Dick first shows off his black and blue suit, Shiva tried about ten times to land a hit on Nightwing and did not land one. Then Nightwing pinned her to a wall with his nightstars. How is she better

-Connor Hawke trained with munks and his dad, thats it. Sure he is a Medahuman but so what. Bruce learned the art of the munks and thereso Dick knows it. I really think that alot of people doubt the training that Dick went through.

There really is no good answer to who's a better fighter, it's all subjective to Editor/Writer/reader. You'll find a many different storys that will say different things. The best story arc I can think of is one that was in Green Arrow with Connor Hawke taking on just about every fighter DC has to offer. If anyone remembers the name of the storyline please post it.

On a side note Ted Grant/Wildcat should be named in a top ten figter list. As well as Deathstroke (whose hand NW his butt several times). ANyone else care to throw any names into this thing that haven't already been named? Or should we just start a new thread? After work I'm gonna have to go threw my Who's Who and see who I'm missing.

Since year are so hard to track in comics I'll put it like this.

-When Dick was robin Deathstroke did use to get the best of him. But since he started sporting the light blue and yellow suit, Deathstroke has not been able to see him.

-The reason is because to get Dick mad Batman said "leave Deathstroke to me, he's just to much for you". After that Dick started beating the $hit out of him.

-But it is cool to see so many NW fans. Really I thought myself to be one of few.

Since year are so hard to track in comics I'll put it like this.

-When Dick was robin Deathstroke did use to get the best of him. But since he started sporting the light blue and yellow suit, Deathstroke has not been able to see him.

-The reason is because to get Dick mad Batman said "leave Deathstroke to me, he's just to much for you". After that Dick started beating the $hit out of him.

-But it is cool to see so many NW fans. Really I thought myself to be one of few.

Since years are so hard to track in comics I'll put it like this.

-When Dick was robin, Deathstroke did use to get the best of him. But since he started sporting the light blue and yellow suit, Deathstroke has not been able to see him.

Nightwing DOES earn his props! He was a leader in Teen Titans, Titans, and now The Outsiders. He even filled in for Bats near the end of Knightfall.

I love that character moreso than Batman.

Don't forget that during the Obsidian Age storyline, Nightwing was chosen to lead the JLA.

Nightwing has certainly gotten his props over the years....from the fans. DC hasnt really given Dick his props. In 2000, it was Dicks 60th Anniversary for his 1st appearance as Robin. DC did NOTHING about that. Instead, they do something for Captain Marvel, a character they originally sued then bought years later. This year is the 20th Anniversary or Nightwing's 1st appearance. Once again, DC has done nothing with him.

Please dont be drawn into the Outsiders. Im sorry, that book is terrible. Judd Winnick is a hack writer. He took 20 years of some great writers cultivating Dick Grayson such as Marv Wolfman and Chuck Dixon, and turned him into Wusswing. His Nightwing is one of the whiniest characters I've ever read. Glad I dropped the book at #6.

To me, Dick Grayson is one of the best characters DC has. He's my all time favorite character. They just dont use him properly.

steps down from the soapbox

Nightwing Sucks!

Nah, just kidding. I actualy like Nightwing because Batman has always been my favorite superhero since I was just a little kid.. I lived Batman, wore Batman clothes, collected Batman toys, watched Superfriends, etc.. So naturally, I have always liked Dick Grayson.

However, the way some of you guys want to bend over for him makes other people dislike him alot.

I like him just fine, but I am realistic about who he is. He is not Batman, not even close.

What you have to remember is that just because he is your favorite, you should not let your logical abilities be distorted because you like him so much.

My favorite Marvel character currently is Namor (it was Colossus but he died).. But I am not going to say that Namor can beat Thor or something like that just because I like him more.

Nightwing is cool, but he isn't as great as you guys think he is. You should be able to leave your opinions at the door if you want to know how good he really is.

Nightwing is one of my top 5 all time heroes. I do think DC are less a fan of him than DC's readers though.

Although he lacks Batmans physical bulk I think he is his equal skill wise. Bats is a better detective but but Nightwing is a better acrobat and leader of teams. Over all they are pretty equel, with Batman perhaps having the slight over all edge.

Thanks Presterjohn, I cant agree more.

So far has skills I do think they are almost neck & neck.

Batman is better but is close. It is NW's speed that makes him so great.

Batman's reseach and study of his enemys is what makes him so great.

Not that they are not 2 of some of the best fighters around