How Is Gi Joe Doing Financially?

ransomz

I've heard some speculation about how Joe is doing - both good and bad - none of which really seemed to be based on much of anything. Does anyone have any actual knowledge or way to find out if Joe is a success or not? Cancelling the 12 inch VvV and the BTR doesn't seem very hopeful. I really like the 3 3/4 line and I don't want it to go the way of MOTU. Any real info is appreciated.

as long as Walmart and TRU still want to carry it....it wont go away

and dont foget all our friendly Online retailers that help out...

but no one has as much impact as Walmart....and Joes sell good...so

I doubt they are in bad shape

the stuff that got canceled is for incase there is a backlash on military toys because of Iraq....they dont want to risk the lines that are n't doing so well (12' and MD waves)

#US1#

as long as Walmart and TRU still want to carry it....it wont go away

and dont foget all our friendly Online retailers that help out...

but no one has as much impact as Walmart....and Joes sell good...so

I doubt they are in bad shape

the stuff that got canceled is for incase there is a backlash on military toys because of Iraq....they dont want to risk the lines that are n't doing so well (12' and MD waves)

#US1#

CCAV is correct.

Hasbro has reported gains for the last 4 quarters. (Maybe even longer, but that's as memory serves) You can't really tell anything about how GI Joe is doing from that. Hasbro has their hands in so many things. We need to get an insider.

Gi Joe's profit for Hasbro has gone up each quarter since the line was restarted in 2002. It is not a top 5 toy line at this time but sales are improving as time goes on.

Despite the so-called backlash from "fans" at VvV, sales are up from where they were this time last year. Sales right now are about as high as they've been since the line came back.

On the downside, they're nowhere near what they were in the mid 80's but they are close to, if not above, the sales figures from most of the 90's.

and GI Joe needs to diversify his portfolio some, GI Jane's getting ready to retire, and with GI Jimmy and GI Jennifer ready to start college in a few years...well, that's not cheap. :) otherwise Joe's finances are good

@loll@

but i heard gijane got all his money after the divorce! and he's now living in Dukes basement? the bad part.........it's butt plug duke!!!!! ouch!

TM

Dude Joe is probably hell good right now...$7-8 a pack

, we basically buy every figure and vechicle out there, and with a new product new coming, we'll spend a lot more this fall. Lets see most of you are going to Joecon, that's probably another $1000 on joes, and thats cheap for most of you....

The 12" series and BTR's sucked....that why it got cancelled.