Krypto The Superdog

Cerebros

KRYPTO THE SUPERDOG

Warner Bros. has announced a Krypto The Supderdog animated series to join Cartoon Network's lineup in spring 2005.

The announcement was made Tuesday by Warner Bros. Consumer Products at Licensing International 2004 in New York.

Here's how the show is described:

"Krypto The Superdog chronicles the comedic canine adventures of Metropolis' day-saving superdog from Planet Krypton. Krypto jettisons to Earth after traveling across the galaxies as a test-pilot puppy aboard a malfunctioning rocket ship built by Superman's father. Landing astray on unfamiliar terrain, the fully-grown Krypto swiftly seeks out companionship on Earth and flips over Kevin Whitney, a young boy who too longs for friendship. With an amazing array of super hero powers, ranging from heat vision to super strength to flying, Krypto partners with best pal Kevin to fight evil forces that threaten the safety and well-being of the people and animals of Metropolis."

Twenty-six episodes of Krypto are currently in production.

I can't believe it!

I'm happy they are doing this. It will be perfect for my nephew. Hopefully they will make a comic based on the show, and it will help youngsters get into comics.

They do this and Hawkgirl can't get her own series. I have a feeling that this series is going to make TT look like Batman TAS.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick here, but how many people would actually watch a Hawkgirl show? She's not exactly Bat-Man...

They do this and Hawkgirl can't get her own series.  I have a feeling that this series is going to make TT look like Batman TAS.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick here, but how many people would actually watch a Hawkgirl show? She's not exactly Bat-Man...

He just loves Hawkgirl because her character on Justice League reminds him of his girlfriend, with the exception of that charactization., Hawkgirl really is a sub-par character, that should have been forgotten long ago.

I agree w/ Dolphin dude in that Hawkgirl isn't really a main character. I am not certain, but isn't she a made up hawkgirl and not one from the comics? Also, I think it is cool to have a show for infants. Ya know, fandom does bites since WB seems to aim different demographics with their cartoons, though ppl complain regardless. TT seems to be more towards Teens since the popular thing for that age is anime and the comedic jokes that anime has to offer. Justice league seems to be the older crowd who can't get a date(j/k,) Static Shocks seems to be for the hiphop fellas, and krypto for young kids. If they made a hawkgirl cartoon for ages 3-4 instead of the super anime show, I don't think it is apporiate since she is busty though she is aa animal woman.

That sounds... interesting. He should team-up with the bat-hound and bat-mite [ya gotta love that little dude!]!

• 8 months later...

Well as much as I loved this one episode I will not watch a cartoon about a dog! Should be great for kids though... I guess :S I allso loved how he had the blue coller on & then with the red towel for the cape lol I love lil throwins like that :)

It will probly last two seasons lol!

Anyone know the actaul Kryptos history?! I've only really seen em in the batman/superman books so I have been wondering! & allso in some return of SM books I think or some such...

Now his apearance on smallvile has me wondering :) lmao "Go play with the dog!" :) " again with throwing the dog in my face!" " ieeeeeeeeeeee its after meee!!!' @loll@ that dog cracked me up in those comics

I wouldn't expect to see a JLU/Krypto crossover; from what I've read, the various shows can't use the others characters. JLU isn't supposeed to use the "Bat Family" [The Batman] (with an obvious exception ;))or Teen Titans; and vice versa. Besides, I believe Krypto is targeting a younger audience. To get an idea of the series, check here

For the comic version, check here.

I have no problem with Krypto cartoon. I know it's for kids but just look at Ace...... he looks really cool in Batman Beyond but in the Krypto show it reminds me of the golden age batman...