Adventurecon In Knoxville Last Saturday!!

Devilbat

I walked away with a MISB TRAHC M.O.B.A.T. That's it. I almost bought a MOC JvsC Wave 2 Scarlett vs. Zartan set, but I passed 'cause Scarlett's paint job looked muddled. I mean, I was admittedly more focused on Star Wars stuff at the show this year, but I was gonna grab any good Joe stuff I came across. I hardly found anything! I did see alot of loose figures, but that's not really my thing. I saw a guy leaving with a boxed W.H.A.L.E. Hovercraft as I was coming in, and there were a smattering of loose/boxed vehicles, and I did see a MISB H.I.S.S. III I almost grabbed along with a few carded TRAHC figures, but not much else really. Oh, and one guy was selling a convention set from last year's Joe Con for $200.00, which wasn't bad but I couldn't afford it. I was just kinda disappointed that I didn't see more RAH carded figures; there were a scant few, but I noticed a cracked elbow joint, so I didn't pursue the others. I'm gonna be leaving for Daytona this Friday, and the guys over at Yojoe.com have their store down there, so I'm hoping I'll find some good stuff there. Last year when I found their store, quite by accident BTW, I got a MOC Chinese Dial-Tone, two B.A.T. army builder sets, a MOC Battle Corps Roadblock, and a MISB H.I.S.S. III. They had alot of other great stuff, and I'm hoping the store's still open. I've had some unfortunate luck with great comic/toy stores closing on me down there, so I'm hoping they're still up and running.

I talked my girlfriend into going on Sunday. I was able to get a Motu Mer-man and Roboto for $14 for both! I guess the guy was getting desperate since the show was about to close. I also saw the convention set for $200, but since I'm going to the convention at the end of the month and having to buy park hopper tickets for me and her i didn't really have it to spend.

Damn....I completely forgot about it this year. Oh well...I wasn't that impressed with it last year myself. I thought the sellers were a little too full of themselves on some of their prices, they'd have things marked up 15 to 20 dollars from retail value on something that I knew for a fact I could go down the road to Walmart and get.

I didn't know that there this many of you guys in this area tho, I'm actually from Lake City myself.

I didn't know that there this many of you guys in this area tho, I'm actually from Lake City myself.

Dude, that's so funny; I'm about two minutes away from you, if that much!

Yep, Caryville ain't much of a trek from ol'Lake Shitty. lol. I'm actually about to start attending tech school up there for electrician, so I'm probably gonna be seeing more of Caryville than I have in my whole life next couple of months....which is probably more than I need. @loll@

Where is their store? Do they have an address listed somewhere? Curious if I should go visit them after the con to see what they charge for items also... :-P

-Kevin

Ahh...I don't remember man. You could probably e-mail them at yojoe.com and they'll give you the address. I was just gonna look it up when I get there. I hope they ain't closed up shop...

Glad you had a great time DB. My friend, also from TN, went there for TF stuff. He had a great time and got a great deal of some Euro TFs.

Thanks man. Yeah, my brother and I had a great time too. The only thing bad about it was the fact that when my brother's ready to go, that's it; he's ready to go, and that kinda bugged me. He was mainly there to see the Star Wars celebrities, which I was too, and we got some autographs and some pics made with them, but after that he was ready, and I wanted to take a few more laps around the showroom floor to make sure I didn't miss anything. Oh well. There's always next year I guess...

I'm in Rockwood here. If anyone is interested, I've got a group for TN collectors, and you are all welcome to jion. The link is below. One of our members is on the Adventurecon staff, and some of us volenteered this year.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TennesseeCol...ectorsAlliance/

Hey thanks for the invite man! I think we could probably do well to organize and network so we can help each other out collecting wise.

I'm in Rockwood here. If anyone is interested, I've got a group for TN collectors, and you are all welcome to jion. The link is below. One of our members is on the Adventurecon staff, and some of us volenteered this year.

Hey thanks for the invite man! I think we could probably do well to organize and network so we can help each other out collecting wise.

good luck, my nc attempt was a bust lol. @loll@

good luck, my nc attempt was a bust lol. @loll@

So far it seems like the So. Cal Dreadnoks are the best formed collecting group on these boards! :-P

-Kevin