More On The Germany Smackdown Incidents!

Outsiders

There were a few ugly incidents on Smackdown brand tour of Italy and Germany, which concluded yesterday in Oberhausen, Germany.

As we reported over the weekend, on Saturday in Munich, Germany, John Bradshaw Layfield did some of Adolf Hitler’s Nazi mannerisms in an extremely misguided attempt to get heel heat for his match against Eddie Guerrero at the building. I have talked to a number of people in WWE who think that JBL totally crossed the bounds of decency and good taste, even by wrestling standards, by doing this. I don’t know what he could have possibly been thinking, but a number of readers I have heard from are irate about his actions, with them saying they will take action that ranges from writing to CNBC to get Bradshaw removed from his spot there to contacting the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs to report him for what he did (and from what a number of German readers told me any paying of tribute to Hitler is illegal in their country). Again, I find Bradshaw’s decision to do this utterly deplorable. The actions of Hitler are hardly something someone should use to try and get heel heat from in a wrestling match. Only a pathetic imbecile would do something like that.

Then last night in Oberhausen, Eddie Guerrero apparently snapped when the fans derisively chanted at him from the start of his match against Bradshaw. He was obviously not over with them, and this led to him turning himself heel in the bout. He grabbed the mic and cut a promo saying “Germany sucks� and flipped the bird at the crowd. From the reports that I received from the show and backstage, he did so not in a “heel� manner but rather in an “it really got to him and ticked him off� sort of way. He was said to be noticeably irate by the reaction he got when he came backstage and I heard that management was very angry by the actions he took out in the ring, especially considering he is the brand’s champion. Many people in the company feel that with the banged-up state of his body and the recent bout of shock he had after his PPV match with JBL, Eddie is really dragging right now and is very tired as he pushes himself to go on because he is carrying the title. Some are wondering if the rigors of being the champion are wearing him down and seeing him snap in the ring yesterday came at a really bad time and ended the tour on a sour note for WWE.

The Smackdown wrestlers will be back in the States today as they prepare for tomorrow’s Smackdown taping in Uniondale, Long Island. From what I have heard, they are ready for this long tour, which began Memorial Day weekend, to finish.

Credit: PWInsider.com

It would be interesting to see if Bradshaw did lose his job with MSNBC because of the incident. Wonder if WWE would continue with the JBL gimmick, when ironically the gimmick took away his "riches".

I think it's safe to say that the Bradshaw main event experiment has been a complete disaster.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE