Grimlock!!!!

LiquidMetal

I know that Grimlock isn't on Optimus's level....really, no Autobot is...

but after seeing how well he fought in TFTM....him saving Hot Rod and Kup and takin' control of the Sharkticons..."Me Grimlock want to munch METAL!!!" @loll@ He's entertainin' as hell!!!

takin' on giants like Devastator and especially Unicron, and survivin' those encounters was pretty impressive....

On the battlefield Grimlock might be the ultimate Autobot...

he saved the day (again) in "Call Of The Primitives" ...

survived Tornatron (sp?) (that big energy ball thingy), restored all the planets and TFs back to life and trashed Primacron's lab so he couldn't create anymore giant monsters... what a great episode (the art rocked, seeing Slag lead the Dinos was cool) !!!

He created Computron for Chrissake!!!

The Technobots might be a better team, overall, than the Aerialbots (which Prime created)...I'm not sayin' that Grimlock is better than OP but he sure is close, IMO, achievementwise....I believe he saved Daniel once or twice and bailed the Autobots out of a few jams (like gettin' them that Cybertronium)...

Rodimus Shmodimus @smilepunch@ ...if Grimlock had more intelligence he definitely would (should, anyway) have gotten the Matrix after Prime died, IMO...He was a little bit of a traitor one time, in "The Meteorite Menace" (tryin' to take Prime's place @hmmm@ ) but if you think about it what Megatron said kinda made sense "Whoever is strongest should lead! "...

what G1 Autobot is really more powerful than Grimlock (not counting Gestalts, Fortress Maximus, Metroplex, and Omega Supreme), after all??

He's the perfect 'bot for leadin' troops into heavy combat...Him Grimlock NOT "nice Dino", him Grimlock bash BRAINS!!!....Him Grimlock NO BOZO, Him Grimlock KING!!! Him Grimlock....BADASS!!!

I guess I'm tryin' to start an Autobot mutiny here @firedevil@ ...Hail HIM Grimlock!!!

#US1#

Grimlock's badass and a good one to have on your side in a scrap, but he's not level-headed enough to be leader, IMO. Bots would drop like flies under his command.

Who would care as lnog as he got the job done?

The end justifies the means.

Grimlock's badass and a good one to have on your side in a scrap, but he's not level-headed enough to be leader, IMO. Bots would drop like flies under his command.

Who would care as lnog as he got the job done?

The end justifies the means.

When you're working with a finite number of soldiers, as Prime WAS, it matters a HELL of a lot.

All it would take was a single attack and the Decepticons could have been defeated in an half an hour, with the possible exception of Starscream and Shockwave, the Decepticons were quite weak in combat, unlike the Autobots.

A one-episode series wouldn't have sold as many toys, though. ;)

All it would take was a single attack and the Decepticons could have been defeated in an half an hour, with the possible exception of Starscream and Shockwave, the Decepticons were quite weak in combat, unlike the Autobots.

#WTF#

IMO if jetfire were more like his toy he would be the most powerful, becase an armored valkyrie could take down any transformer short of a city/planet

Of course, you've failed to bring up you're most valuable evidence: Grimlock in the comics!

At first he was agressive, and small-minded, but he got the job done. But when Prime died, he took control of the Autobots, being crowned King, he led the fight against RatBat's Decepticons for a good 15 issues or so.

Later, when Prime died (again) fighting Unicron, Grimlock was named as his sucessor (Prime told Prowl to make Grimlock "understand"... understand that he was the only one fit to lead after the huge battle).

By Generation 2, Grimlock was leading the Firestormers, a group of Autobots still fighting after the tense peace proclaimed at the end of G1. With warriors like Hound, Sideswipe (the black version, with cool spikes front tires), Blades, and Broadside, plus his loyal Dinobots, Grimlock himself discovered the existence of the Cybertrnian Empire, and alerted Prime to the new war waiting for them.

When Prime wouldn't go pro-active, Grimlock dupped the Autobots into attacking Jhiaxus' flagship, and even tho his attack failed, Prime still put him in charge while he returned to Cybertron for info on the G2 Cons.

Lastly, when Prime and Megatron made their way to Starscream/Warwold for the Matrix, Grimlock assumed control over the combined Bot/Con alliance during the last ditch battle for Autobase.

Granted, the comic Grimlock was not a dumb-ass. He had a speech impediment that gave gim the same voice as the cartoon version ("Me Grimlock am using them, and me know it."), but he honestly had a brain, and even upstaged Prime in the logic department a few times.

If Prime is the perfect leader, and Rodimus is the doubt-filled leader, Grimlock is the cocky, aggressive leader. And I always see him as the true second-in-command of the Autobots, no matter what.