Proffesional Transformer Cleaning

Mike

I was thinking this very very early morning, about a transformers cleaning business. Now I know a lot people who have transformer toys sitting around for years, collecting dust, and grime, finger prints that etch themselves into the plastic, and you could scrub and scrub with soap and water all you wanted, you'd never get them out.

Well what if there was a way to remove all that 20 year old crud from your toys and have a mirror like finish again. Would anyone be interested in paying a few dollars to have their toys professionally cleaned?

Now these samples here are hard to see, I dont have a camera, but trust me, These are gauranteed 30% shinnier, at least!! when reflecting the light on both halfs at the same time, you will be amazed!!!!

I quickly did these two guys I had sitting around, Blaster, And Power master prime. Blaster is a little difficult to see, but power master prime, you can really tell the difference. And I gaurantee you, these are always kept clean. There's no magic tricks, no water left on to make them seem shinier, these are clean surfaces, one side polished new, the other side with its 15 year finger prints, dirt and who knows what ever else. As you can see, these toys have scratches galore, they have been heavily played with.

pmprime.jpg

blaster.jpg

Now what's the catch you might add? How long does this minty shinyness last??

well as long as you keep them dusted, the finish will last years!! But they set back is, this cleaning will not work on Painted surfaces, or stickers. I am still experimenting with chrome with another type of cleaner.

I can gaurantee at least a 15% increase in shinyness, or your money back. If your toys are damaged the least bit, they will be replaced 100% with one of the exact condition before cleaned, or better!

I will try and take some better pictures at my friends place tomorrow with his camera, you'll be amazed at the difference, and you wont find anyone else that can polish em like I can, I promise you that ;) I've been polishing antique cars for years, I know all the tricks in the book, what chemicals to use on what surfaces. But of course I would not give away this secret :P

cost would be efficient, around the lines as 2 bucks for a smaller figure, 10 for a bigger one, it would vary on the complexity of the surface on each toy.

but anyways, would any of you be interested? What's there to loose? If your toy is not improved by at least 15%, your refunded completely. If the toy is damaged in any way, it will be replaced with one in the same, or better condition.

@smilepunch@ I'll clean my own figures, thanks . I use a car dash spray cleaner that is meant for cleaning car interiors but is great for plastic figure. Its great on plastic chrome too.

Meguiar's NXT Generation Protectant uses Engineered Synthetic Polymers (ESP) to clean, condition and protect all vinyl, rubber and plastic surfaces. These materials require special treatment to preserve their original look, retain their elasticity, and protect them from fading. Meguiar's NXT Tech Protectant utilizes the highest concentration of ESP's blended with patented antiozonants to create the best all-in-one protectant on the market today! Creates shine & richness to dashboards, tires & trim.

# Helps restore original color to older, weathered surfaces.

# Patented Antiozonants help prevent premature aging and deterioration.

# Protects using UVA/UVB inhibitors to help reduce fading and cracking.

product_g129.gif

@firedevil@ @loll@ #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1#

Cost efficient maybe? Remember thats $10 for a figure plus $4 both ways for shipping.

I think the bisness might do ok but it should be for toy cleaning not just TF for it to succeed.

man, too much work for loose collectors if you ask me.

if there's a grading service, I think your cleaning idea sounds really good. I don't see why not. Especially when there's a lot of people that "find" tfs in the most unusual places.

I think the bisness might do ok but it should be for toy cleaning not just TF for it to succeed.

I would of course clean other toys and collector items as well :)

what happen to the stickers? Dont they get in the way while youre cleaning?

Nothing happens to them. I polish around them, while cleaning them by different method. My cleaning is very controled. I dont use and spray bottles, or dip the toys in anything, and there is no dis-assembly. I polish them all by hand with a cloth and small polishing tools.

I also want to add that I remove rust from screws and rivits, back to a shiny metal shine. I'll remove any unwanted paint, permanant marker, grease, nail polish, glue, dirt, pretty much anything that is impossible to get off, will be polished up back to a glossy new plastic finish :)

The toys will come out with a deeper, more saturated color, and a brighter, and sharper reflection.

Most of you loose collectors that like to handle your toys will know what kind of surface damge handling your toys can do. Just look at one of your couple year olds you bought, like a Robots in Disguise toy, or beast Wars figure, and compare it right next to a shiny new Energon toy, you can see the difference. My cleaning methods will return those marked up used looking toys back to their original shiny new state. every inch and crevous is carefully polished. How many of you have found toys at flea markets are yard sales, and some kid has had it in the sandbox, or gotten chocoloate all over it. Wouldn't it be great to spend a few bucks and get those dirty toys that would hardly sell for a few dollars, back to new, and have the value sky rocket.

I'll even clean your first one free, all I ask is you pay the first way shipping costs, and I'll pay to ship it back and clean it for free.

I brought a set of knifes from a guy on tv ones who said they could cut through anything... metal... tree branches... He lied

I brought a set of knifes from a guy on tv ones who said they could cut through anything... metal... tree branches... He lied

If you have something to say boy, then say it.

Do you cater to MISB collectors? :D

Anyway kidding aside, it is a good idea, but it would only work locally. I mean there is no way I'd spend 60-70 bucks on shipping costs alone.