Prichard Wants The Cruiserweight Division Gone!

Outsiders

# WWE creative team member Bruce Prichard has been very vocal about the fact that he would like to see the company abolish the Cruiserweight division from SmackDown and let all of the talent fight in the same division. This has caused an overwhelming amount of controversy due to the fact that this will ruin the careers of the smaller guys.

Road agent Dean Malenko has notified some the Cruiserweights about Prichard’s feelings on the issue. The general reaction is that they are unsure of his line of thinking due to the fact that when big guys work with little guys the big guys usually always come out on top.

[source: PWInsider.com]

Well, they're sure speeding up the process by having Jacqueline and Chavo Sr. win the Cruiserweight belt.

I have no idea why the thought of getting rid of the division would be beneficial. Like it said, what would be the point of having the cruiserweights around when they'll just lose to the bigger guys? We already saw how bad the mid-card turned out when the IC and US titles were taken away. How can eliminating the Cruiserweight division help anything?

In a way it makes sense. Smaller guys like Benoit and Guerrero have the titles. Mysterio can wrestle and beat big guys these days too.

Maybe the smaller guys are going to get bigger pushes.

ECW was pretty much made up of smaller wresters and they never had a cruiserweight division.

But, if it means the smaller guys are just going to job to bigger guys, I would be against that.

I remember reading an interview with someone (Bischoff, I think) & they pretty much said the 2 reasons WCW was so popluar was the nWo & the cruiserweight division.

As for Prichard, he's definitely off base with this idea. Hell, I'd rather watch a good solid cruiserweight match than pretty much anything else. They just need to bring in some more diverse talent (luchadores, some guys from Ultimo's company, etc.) & let them just flat out go at full speed.

Whenever a cruiserweight match is on Velocity they are very good. It could be Shannon Moore against Funaki and the crowd gets into it.

They really need about 3 more really good cruiserweights. Hopefully they will keep the division, it is one of the few good things about Smackdown.

The problem is that they don't want the cruisers fighting like cruisers due to fear of injury. They've been relegated to punch and kick fests peppered with a couple of highspots. They'll never really be able to compete with the X division because of it. As for Classic, I love him. Although he doesn't have to be champ to do the things he has been doing, it helps explain it, and still keeps Chavo, Jr. the rightful and eventual new champ, in the spotlight.

Whenever a cruiserweight match is on Velocity they are very good. It could be Shannon Moore against Funaki and the crowd gets into it.

Haven't you noticed that the crowd seems to get into EVERYTHING on Velocity? There is definately some pumped in crowd noise added to the broadcast. You'll often hear cheering, but when you see the crowd in the background they look bored out of their minds. No one is cheering for a Funaki/Moore match. Now way.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE