Wwe Dvd's Might Change & Rock, Hurricane News!

Outsiders

The Rock and Hurricane will be on WWE.com's Byte This this Thursday.

A few sources are saying that WWE shot down the idea of interviewing people from outside the company for their upcoming "Rise and Fall of ECW" DVD. With the way ECW was portrayed during the Eddie Guerrero special on UPN, it is questionable how the finished DVD will come off. At this time there are many under WWE contract who would be able to give excellent perspectives on ECW, though it is not known whether the DVD will be straight to the point or padded with WWE's type of "view" on things.

Speaking of DVDs, WWE will be releasing a DVD called "History of the Championship" in late 2004. The planned release date is 12/31/04, though that is not set in stone as of right now, as this particular title had been planned a while back but had been postponed and is now back on again.

Some outside ECW interviews would definitely boost the credibility of the DVD. I would be all for that. With the "Monday Night War" DVD, I kind of got the impression that things were just being told from WWE's point of view. In WCW interviews, Flair would always say that he would never consider going to the WWF and WCW was the best. Then Flair gets in the WWE and he's saying the WWE were the best and WCW had no idea what they were doing, turning everything around. So, WWE were the Monday Night winners, and the winners always re-write the history books.

The "History of the Championship" DVD is a brilliant idea. I'd love to see a DVD which compiles the greatest WWE World title matches on one DVD, the greatest World Heavyweight title matches on one DVD, Intercontinental matches on one DVD, Tag Team title matches on one DVD, etc, etc, etc. That would be a great DVD collection.

What I'd really like with the History of the Championship DVD would for it to be in volumes and for each volume to be 2-discs. Then you just pack in every championship reign in history over the volumes. It'd be a dream.

This History of the Championship DVD,will it also feature WCW or just WWE/F?

I suspect it would exclusively be the WWE title matches (matches from Sammartino, Backlund, Hogan, Bret, Austin, Rock, etc.) and would exclude the World Heavyweight title matches from NWA, WCW, and RAW.

Long time off to know for sure.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE