New Joes . . . Coming Soon?

GGPiKE

Wow...the third comic pack figs and the Cobra Urban Assault set are great. Hawk, Stalker, and Clutch look just like they did in the old comics (which was hopefully the intention...) I really like the Scrap-Iron...it is almost like they refreshed the original with more cartoon true colors, especially the helmet. Firefly has a nice camo, and I really like the Night Creeper. Storm Shadow is interesting, and I'm not sure how the colors work on him, but I still like it. I really like the Flak-Viper mold and this is a nice new look for it...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL! Let me count the ways this is going to be the worst Cobra figure set in their recent run.

The number one reason at the top of the list is that Hasbro didn't include not one, not two, but THREE COBRA UNIQUE CHARACTERS! Thus making it has insanely impossible to army build any of the troops in this set, not that I'm so sure I'd want to what with the troops Hasbro did pick.

Three of the six figures in this set have already been recycled to death (Storm Shadow, Firefly, Alley-Viper) and the others I'm not even sure you could count as being 'quote on quote' urban troops. I'm happy Hasbro reissued the original Night Creeper but wouldn't it make more sense to release him and another version of Storm Shadow later when TRU releases their COBRA NINJA CLAN SET. Scrap-Iron I can see as possibly being an urban war commander but he should have been the only Cobra lieutenant in the bunch and what is the Flak-Viper doing in this set with the name of one of Destro's troop types.

I mean why couldn't Hasbro include some Cobra troops we know they have and would have worked better with this theme like the Range-Viper, Incinerator, or Night-Viper.

I gotta agree with Mekk here - Hasbro could have picked much better figures for this set. Night Creeper is cool, but they should have put him (and SS) in the ninja clan set to make room for a Night Viper, Headerhunter, or Stormtrooper.

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL! Let me count the ways this is going to be the worst Cobra figure set in their recent run.

The number one reason at the top of the list is that Hasbro didn't include not one, not two, but THREE COBRA UNIQUE CHARACTERS! Thus making it has insanely impossible to army build any of the troops in this set, not that I'm so sure I'd want to what with the troops Hasbro did pick.

Three of the six figures in this set have already been recycled to death (Storm Shadow, Firefly, Alley-Viper) and the others I'm not even sure you could count as being 'quote on quote' urban troops. I'm happy Hasbro reissued the original Night Creeper but wouldn't it make more sense to release him and another version of Storm Shadow later when TRU releases their COBRA NINJA CLAN SET. Scrap-Iron I can see as possibly being an urban war commander but he should have been the only Cobra lieutenant in the bunch and what is the Flak-Viper doing in this set with the name of one of Destro's troop types.

I mean why couldn't Hasbro include some Cobra troops we know they have and would have worked better with this theme like the Range-Viper, Incinerator, or Night-Viper.

I gotta agree with Mekk here - Hasbro could have picked much better figures for this set. Night Creeper is cool, but they should have put him (and SS) in the ninja clan set to make room for a Night Viper, Headerhunter, or Stormtrooper.

welcome to the boards, i disagree with your opinion, however all are welcome here. #US1#

I used to hate that night creeper mold growing up...something about owning a raspberry ninja just didn't appeal to me....and then the rest of the 1990s came and suddenly it didn't look so bad.

But that paint scheme, and the paint job on the rest of the figures, is the type of work they should be doing on VvV. There hasn't been a Cobra in camo yet, has there?

What the heck did they do the comic book 3-pack figures? The pictures I saw of them last week made them look awesome. But now the figures in these auctions make them look rediculous! Why does Hasbro insist on giving every potentially good figure a stupid paint job?

Well I actually like the new Stalker better than the first color scheme.

I can't wait to get all of the comic packs!!!

Draven #US1#

Well I have to disagree with you both. I'm not a army builder so I love getting new kick ass paint schemes on some of my old favs, and Scrap Iron and Firefly are two of my favs.

Secondly, I wonder if that really is Storm Shadow. Most likely it is, but it could be a urban Ninja Viper or something like that.

Draven #US1#

Hasbro could have picked much better figures for this set. Night Creeper is cool, but they should have put him (and SS) in the ninja clan set to make room for a Night Viper, Headerhunter, or Stormtrooper.

I am in agreement here.. Are we even sure that NightCreeper and Stormshadow are part of the Urban team?

Anyways, they should have been put in the Ninja teams set, not urban.

Stalker's colors look a lot different. His base color is not the same as the other guys he is packaged with.

Stalker's colors look a lot different. His base color is not the same as the other guys he is packaged with.

yeah.. I like the way he looked better before... he was darker.