New Joes . . . Coming Soon?

GGPiKE

I kinda was hopin for a troop builder set. I like Scrap iron, Nullifier and Alley-Viper, but the Night Creeper? That really doesn't say Urban combat to me. More like infiltration. I am still praying for a v1 Stormie re-paint one day.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why in God's name does Scrappy come with an Eel gun???

if this is finall weapons choice, Hasbro round table will be good, cause that would be gay to not give him his launcher set up

pathetic!

well how about that! I read reviews of Wave 3 today and realized I have almost zero interest in new VvV figures and was pissed again at Hasbro... but now these pics show up and I'm tickled pink.

I was already psyched about the comic sets, and HOPEFUL about the new six packs, but I was really a bit afraid the 6 packs would suffer from the aweful paint jobs Night Force and Tiger Force got. How wrong i was! Somehow Hasbro picked colors that may not be perfect for each character, but they actually LOOK good!

The big prize here for me is Scrap Iron. He's needed a new figure forEVER or at least a repaint, and seeing as I never had one as a kid, this makes me very pleased. I was all set to buy a used one on ebay and now I'll just wait and get this one instead! Let's hope he gets his cannon back..

Alley Viper is same old as usual (i miss the first faceplate) but due to the understated paint, this figure looks really slick. I'm suprised and pleased.

Firefly seemed a given with this set and he looks pretty cool as well. I think this mold is his best, but its been repainted so many times... at least we get the awesome backpack's COVER this time around!

flak-viper is bleh for me but good colors.

stormy and night creeper are awesome, but shouldnt they be in a ninja set? and wait, im confused, isn't there an urban set, a desert set, and a ninja set coming out? or just 2 of the 3?

Very nice figures, and I'm with you guys on the Scrap Iron. Scraps was my very first Cobra figure, and my 3rd Joe figure overall (after Ace and Torpedo). This set looks good together and, despite a few coloring gaffs, there isn't an "odd ball" this set like Saw Viper was in the PPatrol 6 pack. Too bad these are only TRU exclusives and not general retail. The comic book figures are also pretty cool. I really like that head on CCommander! Imagine a custom figure using that head and the 1994 Battle Corps version colors- or perhaps using the VvV CC's body with that head. A lot of possibilites there.

There are actually four sets scheduled: For the joes, there's the Desert Strike Force and the Anit-Venom Team, and for the Cobras, there is the Urban Strike Force and the Cobra Ninja Clan.

My hopes for the Desert Strike Force are Dusty v1, Repeater, Spearhead, Battle Corps Duke, Leatherneck, and Hit & Run.

For the Anti-Venom set, I'd like to see Mirage (in a decent paint scheme for once), Blast-Off, Clutch (Mega-Marines mold), Gung Ho (Mega Marines mold), Fast Draw, and Ozone.

And for the Cobra Ninja Clan, I'd like to see Storm Shadow v2, Ninja-Viper, Night Creeper v1, Black Dragon, Dice, and make some use out of the Sub-Zero/Scorpion mold from the Mortal Kombat line.

Now THAT'S how you do a Night Creeper!!!! Yeah, this set sounded good from the get-go and I've loving it already. Scrap-Iron is a pleasant surprise and I love the SS repaint. The others are ok, as well, but I'm excited to see the Night Creeper most of all. What an excellent excellent repaint!

Wow! I LOVE the look of these Urban figures. I'm personally glad we are getting Scrap Iron again! I really like them all but Storm Shadow. Where the hell is v2 or 1 even?!?! We know they have both molds. :angry:

Draven #US1#

There are actually four sets scheduled: For the joes, there's the Desert Strike Force and the Anit-Venom Team, and for the Cobras, there is the Urban Strike Force and the Cobra Ninja Clan.

My hopes for the Desert Strike Force are Dusty v1, Repeater, Spearhead, Battle Corps Duke, Leatherneck, and Hit & Run.

For the Anti-Venom set, I'd like to see Mirage (in a decent paint scheme for once), Blast-Off, Clutch (Mega-Marines mold), Gung Ho (Mega Marines mold), Fast Draw, and Ozone.

And for the Cobra Ninja Clan, I'd like to see Storm Shadow v2, Ninja-Viper, Night Creeper v1, Black Dragon, Dice, and make some use out of the Sub-Zero/Scorpion mold from the Mortal Kombat line.

Don't count on seeing v1 Dusty, Repeator, Hit n Run ever again. Those mold are lost and are not coming back.

Draven #US1#

hmm.. Scrap Iron looks great, but where are his original accessories?? Funskool was using them, didn't hasbro get them?? I am tired of them cheaping out on the last few sets' accessories... Python Patrol was the only one with good accessories, why did they stop?

anyways.. AlleyViper looks cool. Scrap Iron rocks..

Storm Shadow sucks. I am sooooo tired of that crappy mold. Where is V2 from Funskool?

Firefly looks kinda lame.. they didn't do his camo very well, it looks like a sloppy custom..

Same with NightCreeper.. great mold, ugly camo.

Nullifier.. aint Nullifier.. Nullifier is an awesome mold! Flak Viper is a decent mold, and this repaint is pretty good, better than the original.

Could someone please DESTROY that piece of crap SS mold already!!!!!!

That has to be the worst version of SS. Come on use the 1984 version or even the 88 version

What a minute forget that...why the heck is SS even in this set to start with????

How about a few Headhunters instead?

However, the rest look nice

Overall the comic book figures are looking very cool. Of these Hawk is my favorite and a black Scrap Iron is also very welcome. Scrap iron torso is well done but his red striped pants and green back pack undermine Cobra's Dont ask Dont tell policy.

giBlackScrapIron01.jpg

YIKES!!!! How cool is this set looking.....that is if they are one set.....the Nightcreeper looks especially cool...and Scrap-Iron...this is really cool man. After the things that VvV is trying to pass off as GI joe I needed something like this to keep me interested in newer figures. Bring these on....I'm very excited after seeing these pics for this set. Oh and who else is sick of seeing that Storm Shadow mold????

Rob my man, I think we are all sick of seeing that SS mold. Hey, maybe a few more uses and it won't be worth able to be used anymore! lol Loss of detail will maybe deteriate.

Draven #US1#

Holy crap!!!!

I love this set!

I'm ALWAYS wanting new Firefly repaints of v1!

Scrap Iron is waaaaay dope

Alley Viper is cool

Flak Viper is alright

Night Creeper rocks!!! Wish this came as a troop builder

SS sux!

Everytime I think I'm out...they keep pulling me back in!

All I can say is that as long as these guys eyes don't end up looking like they're leaking when they actually hit, that this set is gonna be awesome. I don't even mind that they gave Scrap Iron that grenade launcher...I like that as a weapon anyways. The Nullifier figure is again another new era RAH figure where the paint job gets (in theory) nailed, much like the Shock Viper did.

Even with the Urban Set...that Hawk figure has me drooling. I still say that toss one of Killuminati's bomber jackets on that bad boy, and that would be a Hawk figure that could never be topped, EVER.

What the heck did they do the comic book 3-pack figures? The pictures I saw of them last week made them look awesome. But now the figures in these auctions make them look rediculous! Why does Hasbro insist on giving every potentially good figure a stupid paint job?

Oh no . . .

Well you realize what this means?! There's only one Cobra team set that could incorporate this lineup. Folks this is the new Cobra Urban Strike Team.

Man what a f***up this is!

Assuming that this is the Urban set, which I'm not so sure about, what's the big deal?

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL! Let me count the ways this is going to be the worst Cobra figure set in their recent run.

The number one reason at the top of the list is that Hasbro didn't include not one, not two, but THREE COBRA UNIQUE CHARACTERS! Thus making it has insanely impossible to army build any of the troops in this set, not that I'm so sure I'd want to what with the troops Hasbro did pick.

Three of the six figures in this set have already been recycled to death (Storm Shadow, Firefly, Alley-Viper) and the others I'm not even sure you could count as being 'quote on quote' urban troops. I'm happy Hasbro reissued the original Night Creeper but wouldn't it make more sense to release him and another version of Storm Shadow later when TRU releases their COBRA NINJA CLAN SET. Scrap-Iron I can see as possibly being an urban war commander but he should have been the only Cobra lieutenant in the bunch and what is the Flak-Viper doing in this set with the name of one of Destro's troop types.

I mean why couldn't Hasbro include some Cobra troops we know they have and would have worked better with this theme like the Range-Viper, Incinerator, or Night-Viper.

And what is with the colors?! I expect urban combat fatigues to be black and gray camo, not blue and brown. These are colors that would be better suited to a Cobra Kitchen-Viper set.

Well good work Hasbro, you've destroyed yet another good trend. After the great work you did with the new Python Patrol, and Infantry sets you fall asleep at the wheel and drive straight off a cliff. Morons!

Okay I had to de-lurk because this is really bugging me...

Hasn't anyone learned from past experiences with EBAY auctions yet???

Don't you see a pattern?

What you see on Ebay is NOT the final colors, those are TEST FIGURES. Thats why Hasbro does not want you to see them. They go through lots of Test Figures trying to get the Colors at what they want to use, they don't get it the first try allot of times and they have to keep adjusting the colors till they get it right for mass production.

What you see on Ebay sometimes is test figures that have been thrown out.

Think about remember how the RAH Viper and Alley Viper 2-pack changed from Ebay to Retail? Remember the Neon, on some VvV figures? Look at Cobra Commander see how his yellow trim has already been changed from like neon yellow to a more subtle yellow?

So while It's great to see previews of these figures on EBAY remember until you see them packaged they are subject to change. Especially when they show up on Ebay cause those are usually test figures being sold.

Very cool figures and news! Another firefly in urban = cool!

I see a Scrap Iron also- AWESOME!!!

I cannot wait to see if they ahve this available for viewing at the con!!!! :)

Okay I had to de-lurk because this is really bugging me...

Hasn't anyone learned from past experiences with EBAY auctions yet???

Don't you see a pattern?

What you see on Ebay is NOT the final colors, those are TEST FIGURES. Thats why Hasbro does not want you to see them. They go through lots of Test Figures trying to get the Colors at what they want to use, they don't get it the first try allot of times and they have to keep adjusting the colors till they get it right for mass production.

What you see on Ebay sometimes is test figures that have been thrown out.

Think about remember how the RAH Viper and Alley Viper 2-pack changed from Ebay to Retail? Remember the Neon, on some VvV figures? Look at Cobra Commander see how his yellow trim has already been changed from like neon yellow to a more subtle yellow?

So while It's great to see previews of these figures on EBAY remember until you see them packaged they are subject to change. Especially when they show up on Ebay cause those are usually test figures being sold.

welcome to the boards, now stop lurking and post more often. @loll@