Will Otc Bring You Back To Star Wars Toys?

JayC

Just curious how many who had kinda quit collecting Star Wars or had drastically cut back are being enticed by the new OTC line? I have to admit that even though for the most part I know this is bascially just a packaging gimick I am being tempted to start collecting these even though the Star Wars figures I buy these days are few and far between.

Star Wars will always be my #1, but i admit my interest has diminshed. Now with the OTC, its gotten even worse. I am so disgusted with what Hasbro is doing. I will be saving alot of money, just buying the NEW figures. All 5 or 6 of them.

I will just get the new character figures such as the Cloud Car pilot, etc. I don't buy figures of characters I already have, I would hate to have 10 versions of Han Solo in his regular outfit just because he's in a different pose.

more like push me even further away. why? because I have or had 2 or 3 versions of each already. however. I do like the yoda, dagobah Luke, Kenobie, and leia. If i buy these, then I will never buy another version of the same figure again.

Guest gunslingercbr

when Ep. 1 came out I was so disgusted I gave my entire collection of Star Wars toys to my brother and haven't bought one since. the OTC was intriguing and I was actually considering picking up a few that looked cool, but the price point just screams of price gouging the hard core fan, who will buy anything Star Wars, which I am not. since it is obvious these are not meant to entice the casual collector, I'll pass. I'm not paying $10 for any single figure. besides, all the SW figures in my area end up on clearance at some point anyway. maybe I'll pick these up when they fall to a respectable price.

I'll buy every vintage packaged figure, but the regular $5 OTC I will pass on for the most part. I'll get the new figures, but I'll leave the 30 other repacks hanging.

This whole OTC thing stinks of Hasbro saying "we're all out of ideas."

gunslingercbr, that signature picture cracks me up every time I see it.

I have cut back on Star Wars since the saga line started. I am glad that they have cut down on the gimmicks and are just making standard figures with decent sculpts. I will only buy the new OTC figures. I am looking forward to the vintage styled line and will buy one of each if I am able to find them.

While I don't like all these repacks they do allow me time cut down my 100+ list of things that I still want. As for the VOTC I may get a few of them but I just can't pay $5 more for packaging when I'm just going to open them up. If they ever get reissued in the basic line I'll get them all though.

I've never really gotten away from collecting Star Wars figures, although I will admit I've not been as hard-core as I have been in the past (read: having every single figure along with each variant on a mint card and another one to open), but I've still kept up pretty well. I like how Hasbro is going back to the well so to speak and making figures that haven't been done before, like Gen. Dodonna(?) and Dutch Vander among others. And I like the idea of re-releasing great figures as "basic" figures, like the Masters of the Dark Side Vader and Maul, along with the Comm-Chip Luke and Solo. Sometimes the paint jobs seem to be lacking somewhat, but for the most part they're getting back to POTJ quality, and that's what's important to me. I'm just not crazy about clear figures stands; I like the black ones that some of them come with. (Why are some black and some clear by the way?)

As for the OTC, I really, really like what they're doing. They're gonna be really nice collectibles that are a grade or two nicer than the run-of-the-mill Star Wars figures, although even the basic ones are great IMO. I'm more thrilled with the packaging I think than anything. I'm not too keen on ten bucks a pop for them, but I'm excited about them.

Hey,

While, I'm really interested in a lot of the OTC collection (mainly because I dont have a huge SW collection), I'm more worried that this series will share the same fate of previous collections and will get lost on its way to canada.

Like Devilbat, I used to collect all of the figures and variations (lightsabers, paint decos, and even card variants); but, due to money/space restaints, I've had to cut way back.

The OTC (vintage and modern style) card designs is what I've been hoping for, for the last few years; I'mreally looking fforward to them. While the vintage figs are more expensive than I'd like them to be, I'm just hoping they aren't as tough to get as the reports have made them out to be. As it is, I'm holding off on almost everything (including a few things I'd been looking forward too <_ to ensure i have enough for the vintage figs and dvds>

I think this line is the biggest BS Hasbro has thrown at us yet. I will buy the 7 new figs and maybe a few that are slightly different like X-Wing Luke and leave the rest to rot on the pegs like we know they all will.

Draven #US1#

Give star wars joe articulation (including the new ones, wrist, thigh, and ankle) and i'd be all over em, till then one won't touch em.

I am always into Star Wars collecting and I have never quick, so far I will buy all the OTC figures and other accessories and playsets, if there is!

I might even buy some of the plush toys!

The vintagey stuff is cool, I'll probably pick them up. I've also wanted a Dagobah Luke that can do a headstand ever since I started collecting, so that I'll deffinately get.

I wouldn't say its changed how I collect, I'm still only getting the ones I need or like.

Now if Hasbro would just get off their collective rears and give me my EU figures I'd be happy! I want a Wedge Antilles in Tie Fighter pilot gear with attachable Ewok that has leg and arm extensions. Actually a carded Wedge in Xwing gear would do too..

I stopped around the middle of POTJ, so this is great for me...I love the packageing, and it lets me get a lot of figures I missed. Although I wish they would do new figures for Bib Foutuna, Gamorrean Guard, Wicket, Scanning Crew Tech, and Jawa...then rehashing the old ones cause those figures weren't so great to start with.

Man, for people who "love" star wars there sure is alot of disgust with this new stuff. I guess it's a love/hate relationship.

I myself will buy every sinlge VOTC, but not the repackaged stuff. I don't collect regualar star wars figures but I get sublines like Clone Wars animated and stuff like that, so these will hang next to those on my wall. Another reason I'm getting these is, I don't own any vintage fiures and with the VOTC it's like I'm getting the best of both worlds- vintage packaging with brand spanking new super articulated core characters. what's not to like? Sure the price is a little high but we all know that Hasbro is paying alot for the SW liscence so they have to make their money back, we all know that Hasbro always charges a little more for this stuff, so I don't get why everybody is so up in arms about this. sigh- and no I'm not rich.

I have cut back a lot... and I don't really see it picking up again until the epIII figures come out.

ok so what's the diff. between VOTC & OTC?  is OTC the junk on shelves in wal-mart right now?

OTC is just Saga in new packages to reflect the older black and Silver, Double Bar logo Star Wars cards. There are two new announced Waves consisting of:

Dagobah

R2-D2

Yoda

Spirt of Obi-Wan

Luke Skywalker

and

Bespin

Princess Leia Bespin outfit

Cloud Car pilot

Lobot

There is a lot of info about it in this thread:

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1964556

The VOTC are new figures that are packed in reproductions of the old classic Kenner cards, and then packed in a cam shell to protect it. These figures inculde:

-A New Hope:

Han Solo

Luke Skywalker

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Princess Leia

-The Empire Strikes Back:

C-3PO

Darth Vader

Lando

Yoda

-Return Of the Jedi:

Boba Fett

Chewbacca

R2-D2

Stormtrooper

you can find information about these figures in the thread I linked above also.

The rest of the figures so far are repacks of POTF2, POTJ, and Saga OT figures.

thanks it's been hard to tell what's what from the news of what hasbro was gonna put out and what's in at actionfigurehq lately lol....i think i'll mainly stick to gettin the vehicles (ok maybe just millennium falcon) and a few of the new sculpts if i like 'em enough