Custom Head Resin Castings

Alyosha

What price do you feel is FAIR and appropriate for painted customs like these?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What price do you feel is FAIR and appropriate for painted customs like these?

• $3 per piece
    • $5 per piece
    • $7 per piece
    • $10 per piece
    • I'd pay any price within reason if I thought the work was good enough.

Here is my first resin casting. I did up about 11 molds last night, and cast a dozen or so part today. Bear in mind that this part has been shown before, but this one is a painted resin-plastic copy. I'll be offering some of these and other for sale later, so email for details.

Resin_Torch.jpg

Resin_Torch_1.jpg

Resin_Torch_2.jpg

Resin_Torch_3.jpg

Well, the problem that you run into there is the cost of latex (mold material) and the quality of the part. A casting will show EVERY flaw, even those you didn't catch, and it is very difficult to make sure that there are no pin bubbles in the casting w/o an air compression rig. I guess I'd be willing to try though. Email me a pic, and I'll try to give you a fair price quote.

Just one question. What is the quality of the paint on these. Would they hold up to being played with? I have also heard that resin casts can be fragile.

WHOA! did you hear that??

I think it was the sound of all the untalented customizers (like me) shouting with joy that you are offering these up painted no less!!!!

the reason why i never ordered from J&R was the fact i would have to paint the eyes and such and i know how much i suck at that! and i always said if they would paint em' i would pay alot more! plus the fact that your sculpting (torch's hair) is top notch makes me say $7 would be a good price probably alot more but as we all know gijoe collecters are most unwilling to spend more then $10 on something they are not sure of the quality on? what you should do is offer these up at 5-7 bucks a piece then once people have ordered them and made there custom bodies and examin the quality of the head (thats got to be good cause we all know you wouldnt sell your gijoe buddies crap!) then you get the good word of mouth and you jump the price up to say 9-10 dollars later on! not that your a scalper or evil or something but people got to know exactly how much work it is to make and paint these plus the talent you have and many others dont and you should be paid for it (IMO)

put me down for one of each including zaranna when you do her!

check your PMs cause i got an idea for ya!

TM

If you made some generic female heads of varying hair colors and races, then you would have a ton of business.

oh yeah! and maybe a genaric male head w/unpainted hair!

oh and maybe a fro-joe!! ;)

TM

Awesome. #US1# Yes we applaud your work and want to see more I have a list of things Id buy.

1 A beautiful Baroness head scult is long over due. @firedevil@

2 12 Heads for Cobra coils with slight Variations for Army building

2 Iron Grenadiers Helmet and Pads Cause the one it came with suck.

3 Evil Heads that fit under new Crimson Guard Agent faces.

4 Snow Serpents are coming imagine slightly different heads @loll@

5 And More Creative Stuff like shown above

Keep up the good work.

Guest gunslingercbr

I think $3 a piece unpainted is fair and up to $7 to $10 for it painted. I know the process is expensive, but the cost should be made up over a large batch of castings and $3 a piece I would assume cover it in the long run since you listed it as an option and in the long run generate a profit if there is enough interest (which I think there would be. I'd order your head sculpts, they just plain rock.)

and for those who cant paint, it is fair to make a larger profit off of them for the service of painting the heads.

again those look great and i love the idea of some female heads and some evil heads...for the crimson guards.............as some already stated

and Id pay $7 -$10 each

DOC

Just a heads up. I'll be posting pics of Snake Eyes and maybe one other this evening. Come back & take a look if your interested.

WOW! THAT SNAKE EYES AND BUDO IS FRIGGIN AMAZING!

Seriously you should maybe start a small business with this stuff man!!!

LIke J&R but you'd be better, cause yours are customs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME JOB!!! @yipee@

mmm... i like this idea but maybe not any of these heads though, cause i have all the customs of those guys i need lol.

but i'm looking for something like a serpentor head, that is something that would sell big time! or a viper head without googles!

I am too broke though lol, there have been things i've wanted from jnr and the coats there around awhile back, but i am a poor boy lol.

i think this well definately sell though