Master Collector Newsletter For June Up.

Arashikage Storm

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The newsletter for June is up, and it has the identity of the 3rd tiger Force Joe in it. It also says that wave 3 of the mission disks is cancelled, as is the 12 inch VVV line. what a dark day for joe collecting!

Well who is the 3rd man?

Strange but cool choice. The character could have been better but its a obscure figure. Wave 3 mission disks being cancelled sucks for the Storm Shadow factor only. Could care less about the VvV 12.

Draven

The newsletter for June is up, and it has the identity of the 3rd tiger Force Joe in it. It also says that wave 3 of the mission disks is cancelled, as is the 12 inch VVV line. what a dark day for joe collecting!

Ohh Poo! @grumpy@ I love the 12inch line and the mission disk.

I kind of like the fact that they added in that figure for the con set, it is cool when MC completly surprises us and who knows they might just have a killer surprise set for the convention goers (like last years firefly....), ohh the possibilities!

As for the wave 3 mission disks that kind of sucks and for the 12" line that sucks for the people that collect them- but I for one did not need to pick up another line, but I am getting 2 of the ML gijoe figs for my own (I am excitted about that) :)

I'm going to post the information given by Master Collector cause I only think it's fair to the collectors...

I know all you 3 3/4� collectors have been speculating for months who

the mystery Joe figure is….and the mystery figure is… Hard Top! This

is a very rare and difficult figure to obtain as he only came with the

Defiant Space Shuttle Complex. He is decoed in the Tiger Force colors

and comes with his traditional pistol and microphone. You see, the Joes

needed someone who could install the top-secret fuel cell into the test

vehicles at the “Secret Tiger Force Base� and since Hard Top was the

designer of the fuel cell, he was the logical choice. Now he will have

to battle his way out of this most insidious trap set by Zartan and the

Dreadnoks!

Due to changes in market demand, the following items have been taken

out of this year’s product line and will not ship this year: Desert

Humvee, third wave of the 3 3/4� Mission Discs, 12� Beachhead, and

12� Voice FX Venomous Maximous. The last VVV 12� figures that

will ship this year are Spirit Iron Knife, Coil Crusher, Gung Ho and

Destro. All other 12� VVV figures have been cancelled. The 12�

Snake Eyes Ninja Lightning has been moved to a store exclusive. In

the Echo line, the Navy Dolphin Handler will be the last figure we will

see this year at the $30 price point and is still scheduled for July. The

Jeep with the soft top will start showing up in July in very spotty distribution.

In addition, the 40th Anniversary products 18-21 as well as the

third comic book with General Abernathy, Double Clutch and Sgt

Stalker figures will be delayed until July. Next to ship in the Alpha

vehicles are the Battle Hornet with Neo-Viper and Neutralizer with

Blackblast. Next to ship in the Bravo vehicle assortment are:

Quickstrike with Sgt. Bazooka and the Ice Sabre with Frostbite. And

finally, shipping in the Deluxe vehicles assortment are: the Night Force

Grizzly with Wild Bill and the Thunderwing with Slipstream.

Thanks Outsiders for the whole newsletter!! And id anyone else thing Tatical Battle Platform when they said "secret Tiger Force base"??? I'm thinking that might be the $50 exclusive and not the Whale now. And it would fit the whole land or water thing coming from inside sources. And come to think about it, they never said it was a vehicle just that it could go on land and water!

Draven

12 inchers getting cancelled isn't bad news to me, just goes to show that demand has always met supply for the 3 3/4 Joes.

General Abernathy is the third figure in the comic 3 packs???

I thought that figure was supposed to be Hawk???

Speaking of 12 inchers, it's weird that they cancelled Venomous Maximas, considering he's an integral part of the VvV Storyline.

He WAS one ugly 12er, though.

Edited by MartyMcFly

hmm.. Hardtop??

Well, he is not really a figure that I have ever wanted.. He is certainly hard to obtain, but I am not sure I would even want him in Tigerforce colors. Well, I have to get one set anyways..

Now I can only hope that the souvenir packs are not wacky Tigerforce items also.. tone them down a little.

Thanks Outsiders for the whole newsletter!! And id anyone else thing Tatical Battle Platform when they said "secret Tiger Force base"??? I'm thinking that might be the $50 exclusive and not the Whale now. And it would fit the whole land or water thing coming from inside sources. And come to think about it, they never said it was a vehicle just that it could go on land and water!

Draven

Well I only posted the key points but I felt that too much got cancelled for collectors not to know what was going on so I only posted what I thought was the most important points...

I bet the wave 3 mission disk figs find there way into the lineup somehow. I could care less about the disks them selves, my computer had issues playing them. I am dissappointed only because Hasbro finally figured out the proper way to sell them - new decos on the figs.

In addition, the 40th Anniversary products 18-21 as well as the third comic book with General Abernathy, Double Clutch and Sgt Stalker figures will be delayed until July. Next to ship in the Alpha vehicles are the Battle Hornet with Neo-Viper and Neutralizer with Blackblast. Next to ship in the Bravo vehicle assortment are: Quickstrike with Sgt. Bazooka and the Ice Sabre with Frostbite. And finally, shipping in the Deluxe vehicles assortment are: the Night Force Grizzly with Wild Bill and the Thunderwing with Slipstream.

So where's the Warhammer..? Please tell me isn't wasn't cancelled... @grumpy@

Heres a hint. Read Hawk's file card. Any will do.

That's what I was going to suggest. But shouldn't he be "Colonel"?

I saw the new MC Newsletter and all I can say is that MC disappoints once again..."A logical choice"?Gimme a break...they just make up the "fuel cell" story and that's all they justify their crappy choice by.

I'm sorry MC,I love being a member of their GI Joe Club,but you make some stupid choices when it comes to your Con "Mystery Figures".We'll see how the actual figure's paint scheme goes in the coming days,but the mold itself and 'backstory' for the character's presence in this set already displays MC's lack of knowledgable creativity and fan desire.

At least most of the other figures in the set make up for Hardtop.

Perhaps at that point in time. But I guess its cheaper to copyright just "General Abernathy" instead of that AND "Colonel Abernathy"

In this case, as with "Double" Clutch, just go with your imagination.

I hope they get helmets too. Like the classic one with the more resiliant plastic that came with RAHC Double Blast / Cross Fire set. Classic gear too provided the molds are available. And let's not forget figure stands.

YAY! ... well at least for one thing, death of the 12 line, they clogg they shelves, get to much attention, and sadly have better designs than the 3 3/4 inch, to me, the best thing about rah was it's size and articulation, we could have tons of characters and vehicles that could really move. Hopefully the regular line will get more attention now.

wave 3 of mission discs canceled? AHHHH!!! stormy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm sad... though i'm sure they will use that mold somewhere.

don't care about the exculisve stuff really, no biggie to me.

Heres a hint. Read Hawk's file card. Any will do.

@loll@