Godless Heathens And Savages

iriewave

Rant on:

OK, I'm selling my house to move to the great state of Illinois (Chambana). I tell the agent from the start: NO LOCKBOX. I just don't like the idea of strangers coming through the house when I'm not there. She assures me that there's nothing to worry about, and that agents will walk through wth their clients, etc... So I change my mind.

Well, I come home one day and see my alt. smokescreen on the floor, with his doors and one arm disconnected. I check for other things. Sure enough, my minty reflector is GONE. This was the first TF I actively went out and looked to collect some 7-8 years ago. I knew were I had left it since I had dusted it and smokescreen earlier that day. These were not out in the open either, I had them stored in an old desk -- out of sight. I'm really glad in retrospect that I had boxed up every TF I own, save some smallest TF and those too big (unicron, MP prime, & fort max). The agent reads the lockbox to find out 4 agents came through that day. Of course all of them deny it. My agent then files a report with their insurance to reimburse me. I just got $300 bucks for it (I gave them a copy of an ebay auction that went for that). Not only enough to replace it, but I'm half-way to the cost of my new half-pipe I'll build in Illinois with the $$$ left over.

I know it was a kid that took it, since they left all of the guns behind. If they actually knew what it was, they would've taken the accessories.

I've learned my lesson: don't trust the savages.

So.......anyone have reflector for sale????? @smilepunch@

People... Trust?.. You're a fool if you put those two words in the same line! HA! I've learned along time ago at a very youing age never to trust anyone! Only ones I do are my family!

THough I do take chances with people over the internet the odd time but mainly from well known sites like bbts them I trust as well! I know that they will give me my $ backor replace it with something of = value!

People here I have to talk with for a while before I trust heh! Or at the very least they be a mod heh

Great to hear you got more than you're $$$ back though! Maybe you should just buy an misb reflector though! ;) Saves you from dusting the toy it self haha!

OOOOh I would kill. $300 as a setlement? You could press chrages against the realiter. On terms of violation of personal property. Are you sure that is all that is gone?

I'm telling ya, I was fit to be tied. I didn't let no one through the house for 2 days I was so mad. The problem about pressing charges is: whom do I press them against? There 4 people that came through, which one did it? They all deny it, so there's no way to place blame.

I'm sure that's all that was taken. I was expecting something like this, so my wife and I packed up everything (even jewelry) except the basics (and those TF's I mentioned above)... clothes, dishes, TV, satellite receiver, furniture, toiletries, etc... I also spent a day making sure EVERYTHING else was there. Before this happened, I had even written my signature across the tape of the packed boxes. That way I would know if a box was opened, even if they tried to reseal it. They did take my sunglasses, but I found those in the bushes outside, all scratched up. I searched those bushes for reflector, but no luck.

The $300 was more of a reimbursement for goods pilfered. The agent made over $12k commision, so I'm sure it didn't hurt her too much. I'm getting grumpy just thinking about what was taken @grumpy@ @grumpy@

Thats screwed up. A$$holes. However the funny thing about your story is, you use great and Illinois in the same sentence. @loll@

Well, I gotta live there for the next 3 years so I might as well make the best of it.

By the way, I just realized I'll be in the same state, at the same time as the OTFCC convention. Do they sell tix @ the door, or do I have to do the whole pre-reg thing?

Sunglasses too? Man I woulda asked for $500 ! THat piss ant retailer said she would go thorugh the housewith everyone but from the sounds of it she didn't or at least didn't care what the hell they TOOK!

I mean come on!

Hey how does a kid get away with stealing something big like reflector & sunglasess? Shove em down his pants? :S

Synch,

My agent doesn't go thru w/ them. But whatever agent the peeps are with does. The only people that can access the key would be another real estate agent with their little electronic activator doo-kickey. So in theory, whatever agent is walking the people thru the house with them.

The glasses were my crappy ones luckily.