Fair Price For A Terror Drome?

Marthor

I walked into my local Comic shop today and BOOM a terror drome!

I offered $150 on the spot. It was mostly complete. I think the only thing missing is some of the missiles for the Firebat. The AVAC figure had some paint wear too. It's also dirty, but could be cleaned.

I looked up gijoeprices.com. It says $124.

Toyfare Magazine April 2004 says $165.

I'm checking out EBAY right now to see what Terrordrome's are going for.

So, the Comic Shop Owner said he was hoping to get a lot more than $150 and didn't take the offer yet.

My Birthday is coming up, so the $150 was the right price for me.

What have y'all seen a loose TD go for?

What do ya think I should do?

Who here has a TD and how much did you pay?

Thanks!

Aren't the prices they quoted you for loose/complete? Seems a bit high to me if it's missing a few parts, especially the parts you mentioned (they are commonly lost parts and are hard to find unless you find a mail-in Firebat). I'd hold off on it for a while and see if he'll go down in price. the TD takes up a lot of space that could be used for something else in a comic shop.

I picked up my Terror Drome recently on eBay for $175 plus shipping and I thought that was a steal.

78_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3191306457

It came 100% complete and included the box with all paperwork. The Firebat & AVAC pilot were in prinstine condition. The Terror Drome itself was very clean as well. It's very obvious that it was rarely played with and was stored away carefully. Hell, it even came with extra parts.

Good deals are out there, but you have to be patient. It took me nearly a year to find one in this condition and at that price

$150 is a decent offer, but I would venture that most Terror Dromes in excellent condition are selling for about $200...usually a lot more if they are $100% complete.

Don't go by the price guides.

Big items like T-Dromes in complete NICE condition can go for easily $250-400. $150 sounds kinda dicey with it being the missles are missing.

PLUS a nice A.V.A.C. can run you $50.

$100 to MAYBE $150 i guess isn't too bad if uyou take the time to cherry pick parts for it to make you bad@$$ Drome!

it's a fair bid your offering for a terror drome in that shape!

he's just trying to kike you for more$$$$

i bought my 85%-90% complete terror drome for $65.

yes it was dirty and it needed a few parts.

but with a little elbow grease and a few parts i had in

my parts hoard. it turned in to my c9.5 center peace

of my collection. wait the guy out when it does not sell

at the inflated price he want for it. you can deal him down

to your price! hell! you could get lucky and talk him below the $150

bid you made. lets hope for your sake a another collector

with more dollars then cent. dont show up! or the dope didnt

pay way too much for it! because he wont sell it for a loss

he mite try to make up his lost by putting it up on ebay!

good luck thou. lets all hope that some time soon you will

be doing a thread called:got my terrordrome ;)

Could someone do a quick favor and check an EBAY bid for me??

Item # 3193207425

95% Complete TD that ended this morning.

My current location blocks "ebay" among other sites so I can't check.

I'm curious what price this ended at so I can possibly use it to haggle on my way home today.

Thanks!!

I always thought 125-175 was a good price and then the other day I saw one on gijoehq.com for like 400. I didn't know they go for that much. But they has a flagg for 500 and space complex for 700 on that site.

Could someone do a quick favor and check an EBAY bid for me??

Item # 3193207425

95% Complete TD that ended this morning.

My current location blocks "ebay" among other sites so I can't check.

I'm curious what price this ended at so I can possibly use it to haggle on my way home today.

Thanks!!

It ended at $100 even, plus $20 - $40 for shipping.

Thanks Superfly!!

That sounds like a good data point to haggle with tonight!

I've got Mint Loose Complete Price Quotes:

gijoeprices.com $124

Toyfare $165

EBAY $175

95% Complete Loose:

EBAY $100

So, if he thinks he's going to get much more than $150 for a 95% Loose TD, he's probably incorrect.

I'll let y'all know how it goes. ##1#

I always thought 125-175 was a good price and then the other day I saw one on gijoehq.com for like 400. I didn't know they go for that much. But they has a flagg for 500 and space complex for 700 on that site.

I knew I wasn't nuts! :) When he first posted it on Yo Joe board, it was $700, then had a sale, in which the price went up to $800. It's down to $749.99 now. I'm looking for a Defiant, but the $700+ price is too pricey for me. Maybe after the con I'll save up my money again and try to get one from eBay. I already have a Payload and Hardtop with mic from a separate auction.

All the Joe stuff right now is fetching crazy prices; I've seen Dromes go from anywhere between $60 - $500 in the last few months...I'd wait for the market to die down just a bit IMO...

...but I've got the TD, Flagg and Defiant, so I don't mind the high prices! :P @smilepunch@

...but I've got the TD, Flagg and Defiant, so I don't mind the high prices! :P @smilepunch@

Where's my flyswatter... ;) I already have the FLAGG and Terror Drome. Now I want the Defiant. Not sure WHERE I'd put it (running out of room) but I want one. :)

...but I've got the TD, Flagg and Defiant, so I don't mind the high prices!  :P  @smilepunch@

Where's my flyswatter... ;) I already have the FLAGG and Terror Drome. Now I want the Defiant. Not sure WHERE I'd put it (running out of room) but I want one. :)

@loll@

I don't have any room left! My Drome is in a closet and the Flagg has been disassembled for a while..! Maybe I'll set it up this weekend...

My Defiant is still displayed, but it's on the bottom shelf of a big display rack so I can't raise the shuttle or open it up - it just sits there in all it's overpriced glory... :D

Have any photos of your Defiant? I like looking at photos of that. :) Is your's complete? Almost every Defiant I see on eBay has a broken center fin.

Have any photos of your Defiant? I like looking at photos of that. :) Is your's complete? Almost every Defiant I see on eBay has a broken center fin.

Yep, mine's complete and in great shape - I bought in new from a Lionel Playworld that was going out of business back in '92. Still have the box and all the paperwork...I'll take some photos this weekend and post 'em...

Talk about leaving us hanging! Did you get it?

I didn't mean to leave ya hanging...

Still in Haggling Stage!!

I made some bids on some other items he had too.

He wanted to consult one of his helpers that knows more about Joe and he's supposed to call me back this afternoon.

I saw another TD in similar shape end last night on EBAY for only $71. I think my bid of $150 will be successful.

Don't worry, if I get a Drome, y'all will hear about it followed by pics on my Joe Website! ##1#

TD_Haggling.JPG

Here is a link to another picture! Terror Drome!

I'm excited!! Getting a Terror Drome wasn't even on my scope until I saw it in the shop! I never thought of getting a terror drome myself except as a distant wish or a faint hope that HASBRO might release a new one.

Well Happy Birthday Weekend to me!! I was thinking back on all my Birthdays....(insert long story).... and I'd say this is my second best Birthday ever so far just because of the TD!! ##1#

It turns out that it's only missing two missiles for the Firebat and everything else is in pretty good shape. So, I think $150 was a good fair deal. The comic shop owner is a good guy, so I wouldn't be motivated to try and go lower than $150. It IS definately worth $150 to me!

Thanks for everyone's help and enjoy the pics!