Top Ten Cobra Figures Of All Time

ssdsus

Which of these Cobra figures do you think is the best?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Cobra figures do you think is the best?

• Blackout (2002)
    • Cobra Commander (1987)
    • Cobra Soldier (1982/2004)
    • Eels (1985)
    • Interrorgator (1990)
    • Major Bludd (1991)
    • Metal Head (1990)
    • Overlord (1990)
    • Slice & Dice (1992)
    • Tomax & Xamot (2002)

It's time for the Review vs. Review guys to try our hands at another top ten list, and this time it's the "Top Ten Cobras of All-Time." After reading our mind-boggling picks, come back here and tell us who you think the top 10 Cobras of all time are.

Check out our top ten Cobra lists here: http://gijoe-comic.tripod.com/reviews/reviews.html

Louis

GI Joe: The Internet Comic

http://gijoe-comic.tripod.com/

All the Mid 80's Cobra Troopers are really cool so I voted for Eels

Here are my 10 (in no particular order):

1-1984 Firefly

2-1984 Storm Shadow

3-2003 "Battle Helmet" CC in blue

4-1990 Interrogator

5-1985 Crimson Guard

6-2002 Alley Viper (blue version from wave 1.35)

7-2002 Viper (dark blue/purple version from wave 3)

8-1984 Baroness

9-1986 BATS

10-1984 Zartan

good lord! you review guys like some really aweful crap! lol

The only figure on this poll that crack my top 20 favorite Cobras is Eels.

I like the idea for your list, Louis. The 1990-1992 take on the best Cobras was a good idea. Some of the later year figures are sadly overlooked. I think you've missed some of the greats of the later years though. I would argue that V3 Destro was one of the best. Just a really wonderful update. Other honorable mentions would be Rock Viper, Crimson Guard Immortal, Desert Scorpion, Cesspool, and Flak Viper.

I also liked Frank's list, but the fact that he put the JvC Frankstein twins in fifth kind of lowers the bar for me. The arms on the twins just make them impossible to salvage (well, without some arms swaps anyway). I also find it interesting that so many JvC/ VvV sculpt figures made the list. I can see one, maybe even two--MAYBE--but JvC in THREE spots? Dude, your partner needs some help. ;)

I'm surprised that BATS, Crimson Guard, or Storm Shadow didn't make Frank's list. Those figures are probably on the top of a majority of people's lists. At least that's the way it seems.

Hmm none of those are really on my top figure list, I mean I like several of them but they aren't IMO the best

Range Viper

Rock Viper

These are just great. Everything more elite cobra troopers should be: Bulky, Initimidating with excelent specailist gear and loaded to the max with weapons

COILS

Asside from the Left Hand Mold these guys are just great for so many roles, Trooper, Driver, Courier, Spy, Scout, the simple yet detailed uniform mold is so versatile and fun. the 2 pack version is easily the best colour wise, but the origional Grey one is not massively behind.

VVV Viper

The colour scheme could be better, but that isn't (IMO) enough to bring this figure down from greatness, every element of the Origional Viper is still present in evolved form in this new figure, on top of that the Filecard charictarisation of this version is well superior to earlier Vipers, casting Vipers as they should have been: well trained, imginative and motivated troops.

Viper V1

The only flaw of this mold really is that he's proabably too intracately uniformed to be the bottom level Cobra, but all that detail is good. unfortunettly no subsequent version of the mold has quite lived up to it

2002 Green Viper

Except one came tantalisingly close: if the Gloves had been correctly painted and Mold Degridation hadn't set in this version would have been superb, not as a regular cobra trooper (like it or not Cobra Uniforms do not tradtionally use Jungle camoflage shades) but as a special forces troop

Night Viper

Limited purpose, but execlent in every other way.

Wave 8 Tele Viper

Turned the Tele-Viper arround, gave him accessories more approprate to his cominitcations specailty and also made him a fighting troop for the first time.

BAT V3 and V3.2

Ealier Bats (ignoreing the derisable Armour tech one) despite their extensive mechanical detailing and removable arms looked too ...well human ... these hulking brutes look much more the part, it wasn't just the detail that looked mechanical, the whole thing did now. Obviously heavily Influenced by the "skinless" versions of the Terminator from the later movies, but in a good way.

Wave 8 Cobra Commander

Simply Blows away every previous Incaranation of CC

Where the hell is the 1984 Storm Shadow?????

My list was actually the top ten from 1990-1992. So here's my all time list, which you'll see is pretty standard fare:

Honorable Mention: Overlord (1990) - He was always in the middle of any story I made up as a kid.

10. Interrorgator (1990)

Forgotten Cobra, just adore the guy.

9. Storm Shadow (1984)

Kill Snake Eyes! Please!!!

8. Zartan (1984)

Just plain cool.

7. Monkeywrench (1986)

Best Dreadnok figure with, by far, the most detailed mold.

6. Baroness (1984)

They can try and try, but they will never top this mold. Every new Baroness is butt ugly compared to this masterpiece.

5. Cobra Soldier/Officer (1982)

Classic.

4. Crimson Guard (1985)

Coolest looking Cobra soldier ever?

3. Viper (1986)

Backbone of Cobra, love the silver mask. It made perfect sense to me that a meglomaniac like Cobra Commander would make his soldiers look just like him.

2. Destro (1988)

A simple, but effective improvement over the 1983 Destro. No more open chest like a bad Bond villian!

1. Cobra Commander (1982)

Well, duh. How can he not be on the top of everyone's list? This guy IS Cobra. This figure provides an instant flashback to everything about Joe that we loved from childhood. He's the ultimate bad guy, period.

9. Storm Shadow (1984)

Kill Snake Eyes! Please!!!

Now your talking;)

I'd love to see the day when SS finally ends this crap with Snake Eyes and finishes him off once and for all.

Also, sorry I did not have a chance to read your review yet but I'm going to right now

My top 10 are

10 Head Hunter Storm Trooper

9 Firefly 2000

8 Destro 88

7 Eel 85

6 Zartan 84

5 Cobra Commander 03

4 Interrogator 91

3 Storm Shadow 84

2 Tele Viper 03

1 Zarana 03

Honorary Mention: All Python Patrol figures

Awesome review man, I always find your reviews entertaining man. Thanks again, I chose Metal-Head from 1990, because he was also one of the first figures I got.