G. I. Joe #29

RJBrian

Well, since nobody has started a G. I. Joe #29 thread yet I guess that I will start one. So here it goes.....

I got my copy in Monday and I thought that it was a pretty good issue. I really like how Jerwa is bringing in a lot Joes (both new and old) into the book such as Recondo, Tunnel Rat and Dart just to name a few. Even though many of them are only in a panel or two it is still nice to see them. I'm really anxious to see what will happen next.

So, what did you guys think?

It was an ok issue. I don't mind introducing new characters, just give them time to develop instead of just throwing them in there just for the hell of it. And I wish all of Tim Seeley's faces didn't look the same. Square jaw, clef in chin, etc. If it was for the outfits and hairstlyes I wouldn't know who is who! But it was aight though.

I thought that this issure didn't really have as much action as the others did. I have been enjoying the past few, this one too don't get me wrong, but I just don't think there was enough action. Know what I mean?

but their was casualties, lady jaye just said to say there was no deaths to the press and make it look like an incident. im glad to see hawk is a-okay, and i wonder where duke is.... do i smell some tomfoolery?? and its sooooo obvious that it was mindbender at the end of the issue.

just got mine today from smalljoes. i liked it, it was a ok issue. man i wish i got the Crimson Command Copter. glad DD is using the new IG mold. also if you notice instead of the cobra logo, has Destro's logo on the IG helmet,/shoulder pads.

Maybe I missed it,but I think a "recap" of the past issue would help out if they tossed that in.

Also,is it me,or is Devil's Due "recycling" pages from the past issues?Weren't the first few pages in THIS issue #29 actually also the last few pages from issue #28?I think they did the same with GI Joe Reloaded #1 and #2...if so....STOP!This seems to blatantly show that things might be being rushed or that the story does want to drag on maybe the typical 1-3 extra pages...if we want a recap of the last three pages from a previous issue,typically I'd go and look at the last three pages in THAT particular issue.

What exactly is Barrel Roll doing in Cobra's base again?I forgot. :(

I have to say that I wish Jerwa used a little more dialogue per word bubble sometimes (when appropiate!).Sometimes I ache for the long word bubbles that actually show off a writer's talent and I'd like to see them used in GI Joe too.I don't mind a paragraph worth of dialogue when someone is talking about something...maybe I've forgotten the past issues but I don't recall Jerwa doing it often.

I'd like to see some more differing structure than the usual panels.One thing that I think has been common about the DD Joe series is that it uses the typical panel spread and doesn't branch out from it very often. For an example...want to do a SE/SS battle AGAIN?How about have Seeley do a double page spread,but spread across the middle of it is Snake Eyes deflecting a blow from Storm Shadow like it was a poster,completely disregarding the panel structure,then around this are scenes of their battle told in a panel-like structure.I think Seeley could do that extremely well if allowed to branch out from the usual panel structure.Even Cobra Commander's return from last issue was it?Could've looked more stunning...as could've a lot of the battle stuff from the "Serpentor Return" storyline.Instead it all looks a little boring and drab when you have to constantly follow left to right...I'd like to see something that really 'knock' at me when I flip the page.

The art is fantastic,the writing is great.Now I think the only place the comic can go is UP.There will constantly be little nit-picks and criticisms,but I think if they do some things (like my idea of forgetting about the panels sometimes)...GI Joe could really rox my sox! ;)

So if there were deaths and they told the press that there weren't, wouldn't that make the situation even worse?? I mean, word of casualties would leak out from the family members of those killed there. Still doesn't make sense.

Other than that, it was a good issue I thought.

So if there were deaths and they told the press that there weren't, wouldn't that make the situation even worse?? I mean, word of casualties would leak out from the family members of those killed there. Still doesn't make sense.

Other than that, it was a good issue I thought.

I suppose they could say something like:

"There was an explosion at the (news building) today, as of now, there have been no casulties reported. Investigators believe that the cause of the accident was a faulty gas main."

That way, it sounds like it is telling you what happend while not actually telling you anything. And that way they can change their story with little problem.

what did you all think of mainframe/hacker? I enjoyed this issue and I am very interested to see what DESTRO has cooked up as well as Cobra Commander and from what I can tell the Coil is still going strong?

is it me,or is Devil's Due "recycling" pages from the past issues?Weren't the first few pages in THIS issue #29 actually also the last few pages from issue #28?I think they did the same with GI Joe Reloaded #1 and #2...if so....STOP!

This is not the first time I have heard someone say that and no they are not doing that, I even double checked the issues just in case I was wrong. I don't know why people are saying that, but I think that it has something to do with the 5 page previews that DD are putting out. I say this because when I started reading issue #29 I thought I had read the first few pages before and then I remembered that I did read them in the 5 page preview a few week ago. I am pretty sure that this is what is happening with a lot of people, they read the preview and by the time the actual issue come out they have foe gotten all about it.

I'm pretty positive that's Mindbender who pulls a gun on Barrell Roll but to play Devil's (Due) advocate....What if it's Mainframe or Flash? They obviously wouldn't recognize the new Joe, we never saw the bodies, AND the letters page has kind of left open the slight slight possibility that some of those presumed dead may be alive.

What I am interested in (not sure something anyone else is) are the as of now unidentified army running around Sierra Gordo. I'm really digging their uniforms and viper-esque look. Are these the Coil?

Also I PM'd Alyosha, about what parts would be good for customs of them, the most difficult part being the head. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

I'm pretty positive that's Mindbender who pulls a gun on Barrell Roll but to play Devil's (Due) advocate....What if it's Mainframe or Flash? They obviously wouldn't recognize the new Joe, we never saw the bodies, AND the letters page has kind of left open the slight slight possibility that some of those presumed dead may be alive.

I have never even thought about that, you could be right. I mean they don't know what he looks like and he is wearing a Cobra uniform, so they might think that he is a member of Cobra. That would be pretty cool, I hope that you're right about that one.

I thought it was kinda funny to see the twins in the Crimson Helicopter pilot uniforms, actually I kinda like seeing the tie-in to the toys more. Its my impression that the army running around Sierra Gordo are Destro's men in disguise so that Destro could manipulate the leader.

I thought it was kinda funny to see the twins in the Crimson Helicopter pilot uniforms, actually I kinda like seeing the tie-in to the toys more. Its my impression that the army running around Sierra Gordo are Destro's men in disguise so that Destro could manipulate the leader.

Good call JayC. I agree...Destro is the type of guy that would do that, especially to bolster "the family business", which seems to be his agenda now that he's no longer with Cobra. I was really happy to see BBQ, Lightfoot, Ripcord, Tunnel Rat, Recondo and Low Light back in action. Low Light, especially, as he was always a really cool character in my opinion.

Sephron, you are right, it was really awesome to see alot of the older characters come back to help out the Joe team once again. I really liked how they did that.

Well I just got around to reading it. And I liked it a lot. But I was so happy to see BBQ back in action! I hope he gets a little more action soon. He's one of my favs, figure and charater wise. And give us a new figure or even a reralease RAH one Hasbro! Cool to see Low Light and Light Foot too. Plus a newbie Dart, he's a newer fav of mine. My first thought at the end was Mindbender too but that obvious. Maybe it will be Flash or Mainframe in disguise, but I doubt it. Over all I can't wait to read number 30.

Draven #US1#