Gi Joe Con Figs

Flint

Man, this set just looks better and better every time I see it!

I really dig the fact that the army builders are still individual-looking, despite having the same sculpt - when the set was announced, I was afraid they would all be plain and boring, but they really look nice! Buzzer looks great too, despite that painful face sculpt - they even have his tattoo. The red looks great on him. Awesome!!!

I can't wait to see Ripper and the other Dreads...

With Otis being a Dreadhead that leaves me to believe that the last two dreadnoks are going to be Ripper and Torch. After seeing the other two Joes, I could care less what the mystery figure is (unless of course its the Great Pumpkin).

So far (aside from the Joes) I like this set. The past years were army builders and I only got one of each where this year I want to get all of them.

Only wish I was able to get the con exclusives.

I have a question:

I wasn't big into collecting Joes when the Crimson Viper set came out and have gotten the impression that the Boxed Set came with the crimson Vipers and the Bagged Set came with the Fuschia Vipers. Did they do something similar last year as well so that someone could tell the difference between where the figures came from?

With Otis being a Dreadhead that leaves me to believe that the last two dreadnoks are going to be Ripper and Torch. After seeing the other two Joes, I could care less what the mystery figure is (unless of course its the Great Pumpkin).

So far (aside from the Joes) I like this set. The past years were army builders and I only got one of each where this year I want to get all of them.

Only wish I was able to get the con exclusives.

I have a question:

I wasn't big into collecting Joes when the Crimson Viper set came out and have gotten the impression that the Boxed Set came with the crimson Vipers and the Bagged Set came with the Fuschia Vipers. Did they do something similar last year as well so that someone could tell the difference between where the figures came from?

no the bagged sets were the same as the boxed set. the fuscia set was sets that Mastercollector made and werent right, so they tryed to sale them all off. #US1#

I'm glad to see they are going to the trouble of making sure guys who had tatoos still do.

I figured Billy Bob (Well, Billy Joe Bob to be accurate) would be a good hick name for one Dredhead.

Buzzer looks nice.

With Otis being a Dreadhead that leaves me to believe that the last two dreadnoks are going to be Ripper and Torch.

Ripper, definately. Torch, little to no chance unless he's a Frankenstein.

Ah, Torch...one can only hope...

It sucks that they used Muskrat's body for the Dreadheads, because he would've been the perfect 3rd member, unless I remember correctly that Zartan, posing as Hawk, picked a team meant to fail...? Is that right? Anyway, the new Dreadnoks are pretty cool and the Dreadheads are nice troop builders. It'd be nice to see the original 'Noks, but times they are a changin'....

I figured Billy Bob (Well, Billy Joe Bob to be accurate) would be a good hick name for one Dredhead.

Buzzer looks nice.

With Otis being a Dreadhead that leaves me to believe that the last two dreadnoks are going to be Ripper and Torch.

Ripper, definately. Torch, little to no chance unless he's a Frankenstein.

Yeah, it is sad that they no longer have the Torch mold, but it is nice to see the box art pays homage to ol Torch, with the flame shooting from the right side of the box. Obviously Torch is supposed to be there, just "off camera"

Nope. The only figures that are left to be identified are the three remaining Dreadheads and the third Tiger Force Member. All six Dreadnoks have been identified as Zarana, Road Pig, Crusher, Demolisher, Buzzer, and Ripper. No Torch, unless he's in the 2-Pack or 3-Pack, or with a vehicle.

Also, going against what I previously said, I don't think Cross-Country is the 3rd TF member. If you look at the box art for the convention set, the 3rd TF member's name is blurred out, but you can tell his name is a short, one-word name (Recoil, Rampart, Iceberg, Flint, Falcon, etc)

Yep, it's a short name - I took the box artwork image into Photoshop, and tried to match the "Beach Head" text. After matching that up, the names that fit closely into that mystery blurred area are these:

Chuckles

Airborne

Crazylegs

Charbroil

Lightfoot

Repeater

Barricade

After all that, I'm pretty confident to say that it will be Chuckles.

But I didn't include any vehicle drivers in my research, so I could be totally wrong... <_<

Yep Zartan disguised himself as Hawk and picked the Joe team to fail! So I could see him picking a snowtrooper for a swamp based mission. Maybe Tiger Force Blizzard?? He is one of the hard to find figures. Or maybe Hardtop? They stole NASA based technology and well he could work!

Michael Richards

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

I'm not a fan of the Dreadheads or the Tiger Force joes...but Zarana, Road Pig, Crusher and Demolisher look great. I like how they are using the Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat head molds for exclusives, like they did with Black Dragon last year.

Yeah i'm loving this set and Buzzer is sweet! I did notice one thing last night on Ebay, a fresh Baracade proto. Yep, so that might be a sign he's the third TF member or in the Desert TRU set I guess. I also saw a Buzzer proto and well here he is.

Draven #US1#

I agree, especially with the lame way they went out. Chuckles getting stabbed by Overlord? Lame...

DOn't remind me. I love the new comic but hate that Chuckles went down like that.

Draven #US1#

Yeah, that sucks... and Chuckles would've been perfect for the "Spy Troops" theme Hasbro did last year. of course, Mercer would've too, and Hasbro didn't make a "Spy Troops" figure of him (come on - a former Viper...). Ah, but I digress. ..

I agree, especially with the lame way they went out. Chuckles getting stabbed by Overlord? Lame...

DOn't remind me. I love the new comic but hate that Chuckles went down like that.

Draven #US1#

actually i liked it, long live the COIL EMPIRE