At Last.....my I Present Cobra Castle

DOCHOLIDAY56

What did you use to build it with? Perhaps you might sometime give some basic instructions on how we may be able to make one for ourselves.

Also let us know how you made the Cobra Commander bust (Did you use the figure to make a mold, or just painted the figure gray?) as well as other bits, like the computer terminals, etc.

I thought the Grape Soda machine, Cobra computer screens, and other stuff were nice touches. Nice to see some of those Files from Joecustoms in their final glory.

thanks for the intrest....................

i basically made a plan in my head .....put it on paper ......made various scetches.......and then made a basic materials sheet....over about 6 months.....Id BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR AWHILE NOW

before i made it ....i made a mock up of the first floor......with scrap wood and cardboard......basically i just leaned them up against each other

grabbed a cuople of cobras and some vechles and got my measurements to scale

after that i went hunting on EBAY FOR A BUNCH OF JUNK PARTS......

A COUPLE OF 1983 HQs and such...........i have a box full of scrap tore up parts now.......

IM A MOBILE D.J............SO ALL OF MY WOOD CAME FROM A D.J. STAND THAT I D RECENTLY BUILT

i used 3/4 inch and 1/2 ply wood for the walls

paneling for the doors

the TOWER......YOU WONT BELIEVE............bathroom garbage cans

on top of each other...............

the bunker...in the middle theres a spot for two soliders..........

where the guns are sticking out........theres a empty CD SPOOL CASE

the mountain or DIRT LOOKING STUFF AROUNGD THE BUNKER

SPRAY FOAM ........to seal your windows with...its really hacked up ...with a dremel

COBRA COMMANDERS BUST ....IS JUST A spare that i had ....painted primer gray on the stand that went with the MATRIX STAIR CASE

THE COMPUTER MONITER ...THEY ARE FROM THE 1983 HQs.......

the lower one ...has a USB PORT HUB....THAT DIDNT WORK ....BUT STILL LIT UP............the other i just download pics of the internet and made them small ....like for mind benders lab stuff.........

the cement looking stand that has CCs throne ....a hunk of styrofoam

from who knows where........

i used alot of stuff i had lying around...........and kind made it as i went...as far as the detail go.....

but if you have any more questions....feel free to pm me or just ask here

thanks

DOC

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm speechless.......WOW! I meant to look at this last night but forgot. Hot holly hell is all I can say. I bow down before your skills! I love the whole thing. I thought the little Cobra Commander bust was great! And cool shoot out with the Brent's Toys sign. Forgive me while I go and cry now.  :wub: 

Draven  #US1#

WOW......thanks DRAVEN...........its comments like yours and so many of the others that will keep me doing this......

.AND MAYBE HASBRO WILL SEE IT ANDS BE LIKE WOW...........YEAH RIGHT

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

I JUST MADE MYSELF CRACK UP........

THANKS GUYS...........i will also keep you all updated on this when itS "REDONE"............YOUVE BEEN WARNED

DOC

I'm still in awe over this thing man. In fact I told my GF all about it today and she looked at it with me and was in awe too. I can't wait to see what else you can turn out!

Draven #US1#

I'm still in awe over this thing man. In fact I told my GF all about it today and she looked at it with me and was in awe too. I can't wait to see what else you can turn out!

Draven #US1#

THANKS AGAIN DRAVEN.........

Thanks for letting us know how you did it. I will be coasting my house looking for stuff to get to work on my own.

Also, once you are finished with this one, do you think you may try making a homemade GI Joe HQ? #tank#

Thanks for letting us know how you did it. I will be coasting my house looking for stuff to get to work on my own.

Also, once you are finished with this one, do you think you may try making a homemade GI Joe HQ? #tank#

yes.........but not sure what im going to do................ive considered making a mini PITT..............well not mini but smaller than it really should actually be maybe a PITT OUT POST????

............but i am going to be making a rather large JOE ARTIC BASE

ITS BASICALLY GOING TO LOOK LIKE A LARGE snow covered MOUNTAIN on the out side and have a large base on the inside

BUT THIS IS ONLY on the drawing board at this time

actually .....im going to be finishing this large DIO that im doing now .......that will connect with the castle......

like ive said its going to be about 8-10 sections total

and it will be rather HUGE when im done

DOC

Draven  #US1#

THANKS AGAIN DRAVEN.........

NP man, great work deserves constent praise.

Draven #US1#

fine job Doc Holiday. damn fine. that is tight...a very original idea (even if you got it from a commercial...isnt that right???) it is still incredible.

(even if you got it from a commercial...isnt that right???) it is still incredible.

thanks...........and no

....the one on the commercial was much different.......

i actually made a COBRA CASTLE as a kid .......much smaller

about the size of the COMMAND ROOM in this one.........

and about 18 months ago when i got back into collecting JOES.....my nephew (who is 10) and i came up with this idea.....we put it on paper that night....well at least the begining stages of it......

This is fantastic Doc! The castle reminds me of the Helms Deep castle.

Tell you what. Lend me the castle and I will do the entire scene with joes and CObra BATs. LOL! Cobra BATs will be the orcs charging the castle and joes will be the elves and men!

• 3 months later...

Doc, impressive work my friend! My absolute favorite part is Mindbender's lab. I was immediately drawn to the lava lamp that serves as...I have no idea. But it LOOKS way cool! (lol) Seriously, it just looks like something cool in a lab that you have no idea what it does. That's great man. My favorite part definitely.

The only minor, minor critique I'd have is with the throne room; IMO Cobra Commander's throne I think should be centered in the room as the focal center point when you "walk in"; y'know, huge freakin' would-be world dominating ego and all, that's how the big CC would have it of course. (lol) But all in all a very nice job man. Well done!

THe stairs are AWESOME!

Same thing I was thinking!

BEST GI JOE CUSTOM BASE, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE! DUDE DUDE! i'm totaly speechless.

This is sooo amazing.

I don't have the right to critque this, it's just too good.

as far as making more, it would be cool to build off of the mcc, to me it looks like just a few rooms or something as part of a big base, and it could save on parts if you find away to insert bases you already have into them.

now when i say i mean this as the biggest compliment possible.....the only thing that's missing from your castle is more RAH figures! seriously man, your base is waaay to cool for JVC figures and vehicles to be up in there! maybe it's because your castle reminds me of something off an old joe cartoon but those figures don't even look right in there.

your castle is just crazy cool and with a little more detail to it i'd pay anywhere between $400 to $500 bucks for it...easily. i'm sure it's worth more then that to you... since it's obvious you put alot of heart into it, but i'm just saying i'd defiantely would purchase something like that for myself. it looks awesome man, you can tell you are a true joe fan just by looking at it.

BTW, love the use of the matrix staircase @wink@

wow this is a shocker.....................the last post was like in MAY

before sn8ke eyes bumped it up here

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS GUYS............

IF I SOLD IT .....................ID LET IT GO FOR 500-600

MINUS FIGS------------

YOUR RIGHT CHAZZ...........I NEED MORE RAH FIGS HERE ...........

IF I HAD THAT MANY THOUGH ....I WOULD

DOC

Thats a sweet @ss caste Doc.....

Everything looks great and it seems that you really took your time on this project. I do agree with skarapz on the detailing. A little paint detailing on the outside would be great, to show off weather wear and erosion. Good job allaround.

2FacE

Hey pal, you did a great job man, I would never be able to do something like that, how did you have the patience? Anywayz, great job man, and keep up the good work. Make a Jow HQ now. LOL.