Energon Repaints

Opticon

Some of us actaully LIKE the Universe line here! @smilepunch@

Opti thanks! Glad someone got a laught out o my pic :)

Sure. Just that several of the toys in the line have REALLY bizarre paint jobs. Sure, these guys come from alternate realities, but damn.

There has been come discussion about being a completist. I think few people actually ARE completists any more. Not just because of the abundance of repaints, but the crappy toys as well.

But the Universe line, compared to the others is NOT a "completist" line. Some people already have some of the toys. Others are just too bizarre to add to a collection.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green and grey are actually two of my favorite colors. So Megatron isnt out of the question for me.

And Prime looks better with his drones in a unified color scheme. I see a lot of people buying this and returning it with the drones swapped. I may just wait to get this anyway. Red and black always go well together.

ANd Cheetor looks decent. Might look even cooler if you can swap out the yellow parts with parts from another version of the mold.

It may not be G1 Gavlatron colors, but Megatron would be alrite if they just get rid of that neon; makes me feel like I'm looking at G2 stuff. And thats kind of, painting original cheetor in his transmetal colors. I'm a lil undecided for Prime yet, but the black base color of those OPs make for good custom painting :P

repaint of megs is utterly disgusting, especially the urine coloured energon parts.

i prefer the original paint over the repaint of cruellock, but the new energon weapon colour is neat.

i like the new ironhide repaint, but i stilll wouldnt pick him up.

i like primes repaint in cab and trailer mode, but in bot mode he looks a little strange with the white and black... i think i would have to see better pics to judge on him.

i like the multi coloured prime we have now.

and as for universe, the only one that i think is decent is the grey cheetor, everything else is typical universe repaints.

I think there either going for a police or a crook type look for op there... I havn't decided what yet...

Wouldn't be that bad if he had some blue on him & less red actaully...

Take away the green & make it purple on megs, the energon dark red :)

The hoist/hound combo ... I duno... I Think CD did a better photo shoP!

:P thanks :D

They should put me in charge of coloring the toy lines..

If those are the official Energon repaints for Prime and Megatron, then Hasbro has officially lost it completely...

Honestly what moron that Hasbro has working in the Transformers department actually approves all these horrible horrible repaints....

Sometimes he goes by the name Aaron Archer. Sometimes he goes by the name Orson.

So send death threats his way. @smilepunch@

Ironhide looks okay, could do without the blue though , and Prime would look better with less red and a paintjob similar to Final Battle Prime from Armada (TV show, not toy colours).

Doomlock looks the best.

I'm kinda dreading to see Rodimus repainted(if there is one) and "Grand Scourge" (Which I'll just assume is the Takara alternative to the Prime repaint).

ENERGON:

Ravage - Might get him. That simple.

Cruellock - Weird, but in it's own way cool. Probably will pick this guy up.

Ironhide - Not too impressive, have to see robot mode first.

Galvatron - Huge dissappointment (the neon-green looks bad). Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in my collection in the near future. :(

Optimus Prime - I have no idea where the logic came for this guy, because the vehicle mode is an eyesore! Four little words; too bright of colors!

ARMADA/BEAST WARS:

Jetfire "Astrotrain" - Colors look great, the huge-ass Decepticon logo looks really neat. I'm not sure I want a third mold of a figure that didn't have a solid torso + waist, though...

"Evil" Cheetor - I like that mold a lot. Too bad my Cheetor's gut gun (water sprayer) broke. Probably will pick this up despite the colors being pretty bland...

Soundwave - The Mutant line was neat, and I never got Soundwave (infact, all I have is Poison-Bite), and I believe the colors match pretty well. Mostly likely get this guy.

Tarantulus - That mold was cool, but these colors suck. Might get him, have to see a final product first.

TM Waspinator - The mold was kibble Hell. I never really liked it much either, and it returning with a boring/expected color scheme to say the least really makes me not want to buy it.

HEY HEY HEY! Transform and rollllllllll out!

Well, it's been an important adventure today. Seeya tomarro kids! with the puddin and the mask and the killing and the puddin...

FATALBERTIMUSPRIME AND THE GANG WILL BE HERE TOMARRO!

The Terrorcon figures look decent, nice to see something different with Cruellock's weapons colors. Too bad Cruellock sucks.

Ironhide could be ok, depends on how the robot mode looks. Prime would be alright with a bit more work, red around the windos and blue limbs for the small robot.

Megs repaint looks horrible. Hopefully a G1 movie-accurate repaint will pop up in Universe or as an exclusive.

+-MWG-+

If those are the official Energon repaints for Prime and Megatron, then Hasbro has officially lost it completely...

Honestly what moron that Hasbro has working in the Transformers department actually approves all these horrible horrible repaints....

Sometimes he goes by the name Aaron SArcher. Sometimes he goes by the name Orson.

So send death threats his way. @smilepunch@

Just because some colors didnt turn out how you wanted? While youre probably joking, that really isnt a good idea. Especially now that Hasbro is finally starting to acknowledge the fan base. No one deserves to be shot because of a toy's COLOR. They dont even deserve to be harassed for it. Write them a letter and tell them youre dissapointed. Ask them politely at OTFCC to tone it down. A death threat or cursing out would be pretty counterproductive to getting what you want. It sure isnt a way of getting the respect we keep claiming we want to be treated with.

Lets try to ask them at OTFCC whats up before we start any necktie parties.

My question is why does every thing HAVE to be done like G1. Cant we have a damn line that doesnt have to be compared or refered to w/ G1. The original Energon Megatron looks like him, but nooooooooooo, his color isn't right. Stop trying to make every damn figure a G1 figure. Megs repaint looks pretty good. :)

Not everything has to be a G1 homage. But the fact that Energon has been filled to the brink with homage designs is just an added perk, the line has been great so far. But E-Megatron's robot mode design is so strong a movie-Galvatron homage to start with, I hope they decide to finish the job. Doesn't mean this radioactive version can't be released tho.

+-MWG-+

Okay Dad is Pissed..... @grumpy@

If this is the final paint job for Galvatron I will offically not buy any more energon. This Line SUCKS, AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK! Why on God's green earth would Hasbro paint him not to look like G1 Galvatron? Screw Energon and Screw Hasbro.

Darn skippy. And why waste the Hound homage on Ironhide when the obvious choice is right... right there! (hint: Strongarm). I just don't understand. The most obvious choices, that fans would gladly welcome, are not being made. Right now, the white Megsy looks a whole lot favorable in my eyes. And yes, Energon, except for a few things here and there is a rather sucky line. On the whole, I'm just disappointed that not more than half a year in and they have repaints of figures not yet released! Not that they would put more attention to the molds they have, they are spitting this ugly crap our way... my list for Energon grows continually thin at this rate... whatever happened to great colors, great articulation and great modes? :(

Am I the only one who looks at the Prime repaint and sees a G2 Hero Prime reference? If he had red and blue limbs, he'd be soooo cool. Not sold on the Megatron. I'll wait until the official version is released, since these are store exclusives.

Here's my look on it.

Terrorcons look great. I will get them since they are army builders.

Optimus looks odd. The black on the Prime Force looks really cool, but the rest of him is TOO red.

With Megatron I like everything except the neon green. If it was a darker green I'd be fine with getting it.

Since I haven't seen anything about this:

According to TFW2005 (who have a rosey relationship with Orson), the, unique, recolors of Megatron and Optimus Prime are scheduled as store exclusives. Which means we may yet get a G1 Galvatron colored Megatron, and a different repaint of Prime.