Rodimus Prime

ScottieEvil

Well, which is it  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Well, which is it

• Truck
    • RV

RV.

Going by the cartoon, the "trailer" was NEVER seperate (to my knowledge) and transformed into him when he went into robot mode.

Going by the toy, it isn't possible for the "cab" to BE by itself. The wheels in the legs are not real wheels, but just there to help the vehicle as a whole roll and to keep the legs from dragging underneath. In other words, it isn't a vehicle without the rear part. It would be like saying Ironhide (or Ratchet for that matter) was 2 seperate vehicles.

Munky! Sorry what was the question? @smilepunch@

No really. Tell me what an RV is and I'll vote. He looks a bit like a camper van to me

*EDIT* Just seen the pic. Looks like an RV is a camper van. But what does it stand for?

Munky! Sorry what was the question? @smilepunch@

No really. Tell me what an RV is and I'll vote. He looks a bit like a camper van to me

*EDIT* Just seen the pic. Looks like an RV is a camper van. But what does it stand for?

RV - Recreational Vehicle

Camper Van is more descriptive...

You wacky Brits!

OK, for you Brits: Camper Van or Lorry?

RV.

Going by the cartoon, the "trailer" was NEVER seperate (to my knowledge) and transformed into him when he went into robot mode.

Going by the toy, it isn't possible for the "cab" to BE by itself. The wheels in the legs are not real wheels, but just there to help the vehicle as a whole roll and to keep the legs from dragging underneath. In other words, it isn't a vehicle without the rear part. It would be like saying Ironhide (or Ratchet for that matter) was 2 seperate vehicles.

This is incorrect as in Season 3, He was actually HotRod when he Transformred and backed under/into his Trailer thus making him Rodimus Prime.

Truk not arvee :)

I always tought of him as being the car with a trailer.

You hit thenail on the head...

As in my earlier post, I'll find which EP this was and let you know...

I think of him as a futuristic delivery truck. Y'know, like a Ryder or a U-Haul. I'm sure there's a technical name for the particular model truck, and I'm sure I should know it since I see them on a day-to-day basis at work, but they allude me.

I think of him as a futuristic delivery truck. Y'know, like a Ryder or a U-Haul. I'm sure there's a technical name for the particular model truck, and I'm sure I should know it since I see them on a day-to-day basis at work, but they allude me.

I thought about that to. If he was a mobile home why where are the windows? Why does an RV need a truck style exhuast port?

RV.

Going by the toy, it isn't possible for the "cab" to BE by itself.  The wheels in the legs are not real wheels, but just there to help the vehicle as a whole roll and to keep the legs from dragging underneath.  In other words, it isn't a vehicle without the rear part.  It would be like saying Ironhide (or Ratchet for that matter) was 2 seperate vehicles.

This is incorrect as in Season 3, He was actually HotRod when he Transformred and backed under/into his Trailer thus making him Rodimus Prime.

Well, like I said, it was to the best of my knowledge.

Was he actually Hot Rod (vehicle mode) and the "trailer" was seperate then they merged into Rodimus Prime? I'm not sure how that would work...

I think of him as a futuristic delivery truck.  Y'know, like a Ryder or a U-Haul.  I'm sure there's a technical name for the particular model truck, and I'm sure I should know it since I see them on a day-to-day basis at work, but they allude me.

I thought about that to. If he was a mobile home why where are the windows? Why does an RV need a truck style exhuast port?

Because he isn't a true RV. He's a beefed-up version of Hot Rod.

RV.

Going by the toy, it isn't possible for the "cab" to BE by itself.  The wheels in the legs are not real wheels, but just there to help the vehicle as a whole roll and to keep the legs from dragging underneath.  In other words, it isn't a vehicle without the rear part.  It would be like saying Ironhide (or Ratchet for that matter) was 2 seperate vehicles.

Well, like I said, it was to the best of my knowledge.

Was he actually Hot Rod (vehicle mode) and the "trailer" was seperate then they merged into Rodimus Prime? I'm not sure how that would work...

To many quotes, I know.

He probably wasn't an independent car, and since he didn't stay for long as a detached vehicle from his trailer it's hard to say if that was a whole vehicle or just him zooming out to have room to transform. Probably the latter. Maybe his 'trailer' is just a piece of himself he doesn't need in robot mode but does need for alt mode, sorta like Snap Traps' half-shell shield or Armada Jetfire's shield. They don't need those seperate parts for robot mode but do need them when for their alt mode.

Poor Rodimus. No wonder he was so lame...

Optimus was big ol' semi

Grimlock a T-Rex

Megs a gun

Galvy a friggin' cannon

and Roddy? A camper van.

Outside of Stripes where has an RV been slightly cool? He's not your parents autobot, he's your Grampa's