Here's My Take On Why Things Shouldnt Be Misb.

Starscream49

They are toys. They are meant to be opened. If you are saving them for value heres my breakdown on why I wouldnt do that.

1. So you are 20 years of age and a MISB collector. You do it cause they will be of some value later in life lie stuff you see now.

2. To get the true value of the toy you need to wait around 20 years and hope the toy resurges. (fat chance, ask most toy lines)Now you are 40. Chances are you could care less about toy but lets say you do still like them.

3. Now you resell them and make a few grand. Your friggin 40 years old. You waited 20 years for 3 -4 grand. Thats a crappy investment. If you are 40 and in dire need of a few grand then youve made a wrong turn in life and probably shouldnt have spent all that money on toys.

If you just enjoy toys in a package then you were probably abused as a kid. You parents probably took you to the toy store and taunted you. "Look what you cant have, haha". Now you have it but you only ever knew toys in boxes so you keep them that way.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood the logic of keeping MISB. I've always heard "Cause its gonna be worth a lot in the future." Oh well, to each his own I say.

why can't people just accept that people are different and enjoy different things instead of having to trash and bad mouth people because they're not just like them...

This thread is almost as good as that "April's Fools" thread you did SS @rolleye@

I don't keep my stuff MISB, but for those who like to, I say more power to you. You paid your money. Do what the hell you want with the stuff. SS49 is correct, though. Sitting on MISB toys for 20 years is a piss-poor way to make a profit.

why can't people just accept that people are different and enjoy different things instead of having to trash and bad mouth people because they're not just like them...

This thread is almost as good as that "April's Fools" thread you did SS @rolleye@

First I didnt do an april fools thread. I did a thread later in April because I didnt want to do one on 4/1. Sorry if that one thread irratated you. Im sure the MANY threads you have started have entertained people for hours.

Second, Bluestreak, if you dont like it a thread dont post in it. No one asked for your opinion on a topic you dislike.

Third, where did I trash and bad mouth anyone? If you are referring to the comments on the bottom, they were made playfully towards my friends here that do keep toys MISB. Im pretty sure most of them know that I was playing with that comment.

I love the fact that youve been here almost a year and have 130 post. Theres nothing wrong with that but you should really get to know people before actually accusing them of trashing people and bad mouthing them.

well im a half and half type of collector...if i have the same figure but repainted, i keep the original out and keep the repainted one sealed in most instances...

Yeah, that's what I do!

why does it matter if a person collects MISB or loose?

I used to open everything, but as i get more and more toys, i just open things that peak my interest. The rest of the toys just stay in the box....

i think of my transformers/macross stuff more as a collection, and not toys. Hasbro makes it hard to rebox most of their toys so once i open it i can't put it back in (carded figures and those figs with all those damn twisty ties). I normally don't really play with the toys once they are open, so when i do open toys they kind of sit there and collect dust. Loose items just started to bug me when i ran out of shelf space and they ended up pileing everywhere. Sealed items on the other hand are usually easier to store (they stack better) and look better when stored (not as messy).

As for buying loose items:

i am kinda anal about buying used toys. I guess i am weird and dont like used stuff. The kid could have sucked on the whole thing and stuck it up his a$$ for all you know and you touch it? I personally think thats a MAJOR turn off. You can't be certain what a person does with his/her toys...

I used to open everything, but as i get more and more toys, i just open things that peak my interest. The rest of the toys just stay in the box....

You must have a lot of money if you buy toys that don't have your interess...

yup, i tend to just buy everything....its a collection, you dont want holes in it.....

yup, i tend to just buy everything....its a collection, you dont want holes in it.....

Yes, i know how you feel...I'll do the same if i could... But i'll open them! :)

While some people think that MISB Collectors were abused as children, I beg to differ. I got to see all the toys opened up and really, I think people would laugh at me if they saw a 20+ adult playing with toys.....

There's nothing wrong with MISB just like there's nothing wrong with people who open their toys.

why does it matter if a person collects MISB or loose?

It doesnt matter. I know many MISB collectors. Im just saying its useless to do it as an investment.

I agree - I don't do it for an investment - just sheer preference

Each Transfans has their right to do what they please with their Transformers. They spend their hard earned money on them so its they should do whatever they want with them. If they want it MIB so be it, same thign with loose figures. We MISB collectors all have a very good reason to keep them MIB/MISB and its not just an investment. Most of it is to show off our collection to other transfans who dreams of having what you have and maybe GET THEM to join the MISB revolution. @loll@ Everybody here in this forum envys Grimlock's and Pogoman's MISB TF collection right? Am I right?

They are toys. They are meant to be opened. If you are saving them for value heres my breakdown on why I wouldnt do that.

1. So you are 20 years of age and a MISB collector. You do it cause they will be of some value later in life lie stuff you see now.

2. To get the true value of the toy you need to wait around 20 years and hope the toy resurges. (fat chance, ask most toy lines)Now you are 40. Chances are you could care less about toy but lets say you do still like them.

3. Now you resell them and make a few grand. Your friggin 40 years old. You waited 20 years for 3 -4 grand. Thats a crappy investment. If you are 40 and in dire need of a few grand then youve made a wrong turn in life and probably shouldnt have spent all that money on toys.

If you just enjoy toys in a package then you were probably abused as a kid. You parents probably took you to the toy store and taunted you. "Look what you cant have, haha". Now you have it but you only ever knew toys in boxes so you keep them that way.

I don't recall reading anywhere that a toy is MEANT to be opened from the box. It is merely a convention set by you and others that are willing to take the toy out of the box.

If you say a toy is MEANT to be played with, i can say a collectible toy is MEANT to be a sealed collectible. Just because you think a toy should be opened from the box, doesn't mean it becomes the norm of the world. Who gave you the authority to determine what a person should do with a toy?

First I didnt do an april fools thread. I did a thread later in April because I didnt want to do one on 4/1. Sorry if that one thread irratated you. Im sure the MANY threads you have started have entertained people for hours.

Second, Bluestreak, if you dont like it a thread dont post in it. No one asked for your opinion on a topic you dislike.

Third, where did I trash and bad mouth anyone? If you are referring to the comments on the bottom, they were made playfully towards my friends here that do keep toys MISB. Im pretty sure most of them know that I was playing with that comment.

I love the fact that youve been here almost a year and have 130 post. Theres nothing wrong with that but you should really get to know people before actually accusing them of trashing people and bad mouthing them.

alright, I can man-up and admit i was wrong, I didn't realize you were targeting investment types.

I was more or less spouting off on the whole MISB vs. Loose thing in general not so much commenting on your post. My bad I didn't make that more clear.

As for my last comment about your April fool's thing, yeah i can be a #$## sometimes, I just hate that april fool's crap plain and simple.

and yeah, I've been around awhile July 03 or something? I just like to pop in and drop a nugget of joy every once in awhile ;)

Anyway, keeping a toy MISB is not necessarily related to that investment crap. I'm not seeling my toys, i want to keep them.

Keeping a toy MISB reflects a person's level of perfectionism. I like my toys perfect, without a speck of dust or even a fingerprint. And i can say that my toys will always be more perfect than those who hate MISB. Most of you are willing to compromise condition for for the sake of being able to touch it, but for me it's the other way around.

Anyway, keeping a toy MISB retains the value of it. Taking it out causes the toy to deteriorate, like money just fading away.

Bluestreak, its cool. I was hjoping I didnt sound like an ass. I make so many threads Im sure from time to time people dislike some.

Rumble, I never told anyone what to do with their toys. All I was saying is AS A INVESTMENT it isnt the wisest route. I dont care if people keep toys in a box. But using your logic, TF arent collectibles they are toys.

Rumble, I never told anyone what to do with their toys. All I was saying is AS A INVESTMENT it isnt the wisest route. I dont care if people keep toys in a box. But using your logic, TF arent collectibles they are toys.

Well, it does say 'T/F Collection' on the Takara reissue box.