Is This For Real????

dblogan

Wait, hold on, how do you know that it is real, first of all look at the packaging, it is a Sgt.Hacker vs. Scalpel box. Sure the figures look somewhat real but I still think that it's a scam. I happened to see this a few hours ago as well. No matter what I don't believe it.

Wait, hold on, how do you know that it is real, first of all look at the packaging, it is a Sgt.Hacker vs. Scalpel box. Sure the figures look somewhat real but I still think that it's a scam. I happened to see this a few hours ago as well. No matter what I don't believe it.

Well, I guess without seeing it firsthand, plus with the problems of anonymity that exist on the internet, and add to it what just happened with the 3V wave 5 Cobra Commander, I see where you are coming from. So---anyone who is legitimately interested in purchasing this item--I can call you and talk with you on the phone. If you live within driving distance of Rochester, MN, maybe we can work out a meeting.

I enjoy collecting Joes and have for quite awhile. I am not a forger or a scam artist. I guess I'm just a guy who happens to have been lucky---once.

Fran Spring

It looks real but the auction is claiming to be the only one ever made... I mean come on... If it was that rare then would you really sell it?

Well, the wording on the auction is meant to refer to the mispack of the figures in a bonus pack. It wasn't meant to be misleading in any way. These figures have popped up as loose figures on ebay for sometime now. Yes, These figures, packaged, and with the accessories, are rare. According to Derryl DePriest "I would be very surprised if there were many of these out there". Is it weird for a joe collector to sell a rare item? Yes. Am I stupid for selling it? Probably. Do I already regret it? Yes. But---I can't play with them anyways--- I have a second kid on the way, and well---It might just get my kid a swingset. Plus--maybe the reserve won't be met and I'll get to keep them.

I guess I could end the auction---But then people would be really pissed at me, and the Joe Community is fun.

Well, I suppose it could be real. Didn't some of the Pimp Daddy Destros make it into stores?

Yea... But more than 1 has been found and sold and a few are known being loose and a few are known being on card...

It looks real but the auction is claiming to be the only one ever made... I mean come on... If it was that rare then would you really sell it?

Well, the wording on the auction is meant to refer to the mispack of the figures in a bonus pack. It wasn't meant to be misleading in any way. These figures have popped up as loose figures on ebay for sometime now. Yes, These figures, packaged, and with the accessories, are rare. According to Derryl DePriest "I would be very surprised if there were many of these out there". Is it weird for a joe collector to sell a rare item? Yes. Am I stupid for selling it? Probably. Do I already regret it? Yes. But---I can't play with them anyways--- I have a second kid on the way, and well---It might just get my kid a swingset. Plus--maybe the reserve won't be met and I'll get to keep them.

I guess I could end the auction---But then people would be really pissed at me, and the Joe Community is fun.

I understand what your saying but I'm a doubtful person when it comes to things being said that are rare and only one is known to be found when it comes to something such as toys and it being G.I. Joes...

Like DePriest said... He thinks there are more like this out there but from the time you found this and posted about it up until now... No more have been found...

Like I mentioned... I'm a very doubtful person when it comes to this sort of things...

I guess you never know. I didn't meen anything by it if I offended the seller. I just don't know. I guess you will have to see it to believe it I guess.If I did offend him, sorry if it is real. But if it isn't ...........................I KNEW IT! LOL.

I guess you never know. I didn't meen anything by it if I offended the seller. I just don't know. I guess you will have to see it to believe it I guess.If I did offend him, sorry if it is real. But if it isn't ...........................I KNEW IT! LOL.

Yeah, I had a bad experiance during Spy Troops where I found a mysterious 2 pack at Target. It had Recondo, and instead of the Iron Grenedier it had a (then unkown to me) figure. I thought it was possibly some sort of super rare figure, like a misspack. I thought it had to be because the card looked like it had never been opened. Well, I bought it, and had it for several monthes. Then I started looking around on the internet (for the 1st time), and read about people swapping out figures. That super rare figure turned out to be a 1994 Dial-Tone, with no accessories.

So, getting back to the subject at hand, I figured someone had just snagged the figures from somewhere and sealed them into a two pack.

It's legit.

Even if Greigull (the owner) hadn't addressed the issue, AFA is NOT fooled by repacked figures. It is impossible for that to be the case.

As for it being one of a kind, no other like it has been reported within the Joe community since it hit shelves about 6 months ago....that sounds like one of a kind to me (at least in the sense that you won't see one packaged again). Could there be others out there? Yes. Could they have ended up in the hands of an 8 year old who's ripped them open and broke them in half by now? Yep.

I remember a few months ago we were all seeing this set in proto pics. I distinctly remember because some of us liked it and some of us hated it, but it never surfaced...until now that is. I think it's cool when an ultra rare figure comes out of nowhere like that; something we all forgot about, then BAM! There it is. I'll probably never own anything rare like that, but it's still cool to know stuff like that happens. Who knows. Maybe someday I'll get lucky...

It's legit.

Even if Greigull (the owner) hadn't addressed the issue, AFA is NOT fooled by repacked figures. It is impossible for that to be the case.

As for it being one of a kind, no other like it has been reported within the Joe community since it hit shelves about 6 months ago....that sounds like one of a kind to me (at least in the sense that you won't see one packaged again). Could there be others out there? Yes. Could they have ended up in the hands of an 8 year old who's ripped them open and broke them in half by now? Yep.

really....go to www.rebelscum.com

go the the forums...go to vintage...it has a detailed descrpition of how a guy resealed a figure (ROTJ Admiral Ackbar) and had it graded at a 69!!!

they can be fooled...and I dont think its real...some one swaped it and returned it...you can have non exsistant figures on wrong cards...Accidently show up in stores...

believe half of what you see, and non of what you hear!

@hmmm@

It's legit.

Even if Greigull (the owner) hadn't addressed the issue, AFA is NOT fooled by repacked figures.  It is impossible for that to be the case. 

As for it being one of a kind, no other like it has been reported within the Joe community since it hit shelves about 6 months ago....that sounds like one of a kind to me (at least in the sense that you won't see one packaged again).  Could there be others out there? Yes.  Could they have ended up in the hands of an 8 year old who's ripped them open and broke them in half by now?  Yep.

go the the forums...go to vintage...it has a detailed descrpition of how a guy resealed a figure (ROTJ Admiral Ackbar) and had it graded at a 69!!!

they can be fooled...and I dont think its real...some one swaped it and returned it...you can have non exsistant figures on wrong cards...Accidently show up in stores...

@hmmm@

Yeah but this is a blister card we're talking about. Im pretty sure its damn near impossible to reseal one of those.

Hey GREIGULL, can you take some better pics of the description sticker? I can see in one where it says "B.A.T" and about that it says "pack", but I cant see the other one because its too blurry.

I ahve to admit i was skeptical about all this but Im starting to believe now. Just another Pimp daddy destro situation.

But is Greigull the only one who found one of these? seems like ther have been one or 2 more...

It's legit.

Even if Greigull (the owner) hadn't addressed the issue, AFA is NOT fooled by repacked figures.  It is impossible for that to be the case. 

As for it being one of a kind, no other like it has been reported within the Joe community since it hit shelves about 6 months ago....that sounds like one of a kind to me (at least in the sense that you won't see one packaged again).  Could there be others out there? Yes.  Could they have ended up in the hands of an 8 year old who's ripped them open and broke them in half by now?  Yep.

@hmmm@

Yeah but this is a blister card we're talking about. Im pretty sure its damn near impossible to reseal one of those.

Hey GREIGULL, can you take some better pics of the description sticker? I can see in one where it says "B.A.T" and about that it says "pack", but I cant see the other one because its too blurry.

I ahve to admit i was skeptical about all this but Im starting to believe now. Just another Pimp daddy destro situation.

But is Greigull the only one who found one of these? seems like ther have been one or 2 more...

I don't know about that. One time I was at Target and I found a bunch of these that had old Frankenstein-d figures in them. The reseal job was perfect. There was no way to tell, except that the figures were all wrong and mismatched.

In a way though I really want this to be real and I wish there was a way to prove it.

Why do people set reserves but not tell you what it is? I mean come on, if you know what the reserve is then you know where to start bidding.

I am pretty sure this is the real deal. IIRC, this SE and SS were

suppose to be part of the Wal-Mart exclusive 2 packs with the

flammable parachute. Those fell through and this pack showed up

when Wal-Mart released their "Bonus Packs". I think the explanation

given at time was this pack was a mock up done by Hasbro for Wal-Mart

that found its way into the bonus packs. I believe someone from the Joe

Customs board was who found it and it was verified to be the real deal.

I also think Qk theatre had a short headline about it, with a quote from

Hasbro.

Bare in mind all of this comes from memory, back in those days

I lurked several boards before deciding to just stick with TNI.

I'll take some pics with a real camera and not with a digital camera. You can also enter the serial number (7642162) at www.toygrader.com to see the info on the card. (Unfortunately you do have to register, but it doesn't take long and is free.) I sent this off to AFA at the recommendation of Jeff Bohn (Speaking of which, I owe him for all the help. I wasn't going to sell it, but, I have a hard time not opening the damn things. It is better for it to be in the hands of someone who will treat it carefully.) and several others as a way to help verify that I had not done any resealing or forging.

I will have pics up tomorrow night---I should probably include them in the auction too.

BTW, I have seen the info at rebelscum.com, and that is why I have offered to talk to anyone who is interested in purchasing the item. Plus, why would I try to screw people over if I enjoy visiting the forums and collecting Joes? I mean, if I get to go to the con, people will be waiting to kick my ass, especially those people who defend me.

I'm sure that the card received a "70" because both two-packs are dinged along the edges that brush up against the Walmart plastic sheath.

Fran Spring

Rochester, MN