A Possibility For A 20th Anniversary Megatron?

donsegar

Ok. I think we've all discovered the bottom line.

Will Takara make a Masterpiece Megatron, knowing that they cannot sell the mold to Hasbro, and will they be willing to gamble that the internet sales of such an item will be worth their while.

The only reason Hasbro's 20th Ann. Prime has sold more than the Takara MP Convoy is because of Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, and Target.

Will Takara be willing to make a TRUE Megatron Masterpiece?

We can speculate about a "statue", or an "Action figure" being released, but we all know the ball is in Takara's court.

i've been reading about how eveybody is talking about how overly size megs alt mode would be when he transformed if they made him a mp the same size as op, now is that because the walter p is a small gun, or do ya'll really think he'd just be too big a gun to look realistic, because i've checked out some glocks, and a couple desert eagles, and they ain't no 22milies if you know what i'm saying, so if somebody could just clear that up for me, much appreciated

Well, he'd be oversized for a PISTOL. He's still be smaller than certain other guns, but since the g1 Megs figure is pretty well life-size in gun mode, making the the robot bigger would make the gun into something like a rifle-sized pistol.

i've been reading about how eveybody is talking about how overly size megs alt mode would be when he transformed if they made him a mp the same size as op, now is that because the walter p is a small gun, or do ya'll really think he'd just be too big a gun to look realistic, because i've checked out some glocks, and a couple desert eagles, and they ain't no 22milies if you know what i'm saying, so if somebody could just clear that up for me, much appreciated

The Walther P-38 is a very small gun. Infact, it can slip into just about any boot, and not be noticed. The recoil is smooth for it's size, and correct me if I'am wrong, but the clip only holds seven bullets. That is why Megatron would look unrealistic compared to a real Walther.

The argument is that Megatron cannot be sold in the US because he transforms into a gun.

But If an MP G1-style Megatron WERE made, would it be okay to sell in the US?

Basically, if an MP Megatron were the size of MP Prime, that would be a HUGE gun. It would OBVIOUSLY be unrealistic because of its size.

Thus, because it is unrealistic, it could be okay to sell.

Or, at least that is the idea.

The argument is that Megatron cannot be sold in the US because he transforms into a gun.

Basically, if an MP Megatron were the size of MP Prime, that would be a HUGE gun. It would OBVIOUSLY be unrealistic because of its size.

I agree. However there is one thing we are all forgeting. Megatron is Stainless Steel colored. All toy guns sold in the US cannot be gun metal colored.

I agree. However there is one thing we are all forgeting. Megatron is Stainless Steel colored. All toy guns sold in the US cannot be gun metal colored.

Every G1 Megatron I've ever seen (including my own) was sort of an odd yellowish-grayish color, with black handle and chrome-stickered body.

MP Megs would be oversized for a P38 in alt mode to be sure, but that would make him roughly the same size as some of the bigger pistols out there. To someone who doesnt know guns, all they would see would be a big pistol versus an oversized P38, and that would make it still very hard to sell in the US.

MP Megs would be oversized for a P38 in alt mode to be sure, but that would make him roughly the same size as some of the bigger pistols out there. To someone who doesnt know guns, all they would see would be a big pistol versus an oversized P38, and that would make it still very hard to sell in the US.

BINGO!! When a cop can't tell what you've got in a dark alley, yet it looks real, that's enough to make it "illegal". Don't ask me WHY you'd be in that alley with your toy Megatron, but it has happend.

BINGO!! When a cop can't tell what you've got in a dark alley, yet it looks real, that's enough to make it "illegal". Don't ask me WHY you'd be in that alley with your toy Megatron, but it has happend.

Ah, the just need to give him that orange tip.

MP Megatron is a tough subject, why don't we consider Binaltech Megatron? He could be almost anything that would transform to compete with our old pal Prime, right? Howitzer? Tank? Any number of cannon oriented vehicles perhaps. God knows why a bigger gun is better than a hand gun (besides the realistic- uh... ness of it). Anyway, what's the possibility of that? Anyone?

Well here's my take on it then, Binaltech/Alternators is messing up by duplicating cars just for the sake of creating villains. I understand that no manufacturer wants their car representing solely a villain, but maybe Takara/Hasbro, should have a line solely for the villains. Something that compares to the realism of the Binaltech/Alternators lines as well as scale, but not solely cars. Maybe THEN we could have a reasonable Megatron.(?) I mean, I think there aren't any other alternatives. If a representation of Megatron is going to be produced, it's not gonna be a gun. The scale issue alone is unavoidable and un-compromisable. What's he gonna be? The Jets would soon get overdone. I, personally, think a Tank of some sort (German, WWII would fit his scheme gunwise) would stomp major bootay. What are they gonna do?

The ONLY other thing I can think that they might do is to stop any of the ralistic lines before they resolve the issue and just keep making the more cartoony, brightly colored, vaguely Megatron Megatrons.

And that, just so's ya know, would suck.