Anyone Know How To Fix......

flint069

The best way is to take a ziplock bag and cut a very small sqare of plastic off, When I say small, I mean like a quarter of an inch. Take the leg apart and put the plastic square that you cut out over the joint. Then put the leg back together. You may have to do a little trimming around the edges to get rid of any extra plastic, but you'll have a figure with knees that are just like new.

The best way is to take a ziplock bag and cut a very small sqare of plastic off, When I say small, I mean like a quarter of an inch. Take the leg apart and put the plastic square that you cut out over the joint. Then put the leg back together. You may have to do a little trimming around the edges to get rid of any extra plastic, but you'll have a figure with knees that are just like new.

you explained that so much better then i would have, thanks man. #US1#

I cut out a small piece of clear tape.

Then I poke a hole in the center of the tape with a needle.

On the two leg pieces, one of them has the shaft attached. Slide the tape over that shaft.

The end result is great. The tape doesn't slide around or fall out. The added width of the tape adds friction to tighten the knee.

Use a couple layers of tape if it's neccessary, but just 1 piece usually works.

It's fast and easy!

M

Here is a niffty little trick I learned.

What you need:

Plastic sandwich bag

Sissors (I just realized I have no idea how to spell that)

Screw driver

How to fix it:

Cut a VERY small square out of the plastic bag.

Unscrew the figures thigh. remove the lower leg off of the peg from the upper leg.

Place the small square of plastic over the peg on the upper leg.

Carefully push the lower leg hole over the plastic on to the upper leg peg. (the plastic forms a little "condom" over the peg.)

There. Now put you figure back together. Leg is no longer loose.

I have done this on numerous Joes. It is a great non messy way to fix loose knee joints!

Hey I just saw your ziplock after I posted.

I think they are the same methods, but the benefit of "tape" is that it doesn't slide around. :-)

The  best way is to take a ziplock bag and cut a very small sqare of plastic off,  When I say small, I mean like a quarter of an inch.  Take the leg apart and put the plastic square that you cut out over the joint.  Then put the leg back together.  You may have to do a little trimming around the edges to get rid of any extra plastic, but you'll have a figure with knees that are just like new.

I think they are the same methods, but the benefit of "tape" is that it doesn't slide around. :-)

damn... you both beat me too it... damn work interuptions!

The  best way is to take a ziplock bag and cut a very small sqare of plastic off,  When I say small, I mean like a quarter of an inch.  Take the leg apart and put the plastic square that you cut out over the joint.  Then put the leg back together.  You may have to do a little trimming around the edges to get rid of any extra plastic, but you'll have a figure with knees that are just like new.

That's a good point. I'll have to try it.

Those are very cool methods. I realize that mine didn't work: I would get hobby putty, squeeze out a little glob, and form it around the peg for the knee, and squeeze the other half on. It was a half assed loose knee, but it kind of did its job. Great tips guys, I am now off to fix me up some Joes!