Is Beast Wars The Best Cartoon?

Pharmacoviper

Hello everybody,

I know people on this board have a lot of strong feelings regarding Beast Wars. Some people think it was the best Transformers cartoon ever, while others might argue for G1 (or even Energon). Rather than igniting another flame war, my question is how do you think Beast Wars compares as a cartoon to the other shows done by Mainframe?

Some of the other cartoons that Mainframe has done include: Reboot, Shadow Raiders (War Planets), Beast Machines, Action Man, Max Steel, and Spiderman (MTV version).

My top three pics would be 1. Beast Wars, 2. Shadow Raiders, 3. Reboot. I would've picked Shadow Raiders first, but I haven't watched the second season yet. I thought that that cartoon seemed a little more epic in scope compared to the other cartoons. I liked Beast Wars because of the Transformers connection and how the story became very interesting on its own merits. Reboot also had a very good storyline, especially in the final seasons. I was disappointed in Beast Machines overall. I was interested in the story at the beginning, but the episodes seemed to get too repetitive for me after a while.

I'd like to hear what are your top picks and why.

--PharmV

I'd choose Beast Wars first. Beast Machines wasn't very good, in my opinion, I got bored rapidly.

War Planets and Reebot: well, I never payed much attention to these two.

Spider-Man: Haven't seen many episodes. The ones I've seen are not great, but they're not bad either. The animation is very interesting though.

I gotta go with reboot as first, with beast wars a close second. I started watching reboot the first time it aired on Ytv, and i've seen every episode multiple times....shame they kinda ended it with a cliffhanger. I'd definitely get it if it came out on dvd.

Beast wars is second, not much explanation needed, hopefully season 3'll be out on dvd soon as i already have the otehr 2.

I'm gonna go with Spidey as my third choice, mainly cause it was a cool show with a unique look to the animation. Also got on dvd. :)

Beast machines was alright, but nowhere near what it could have, and more importantly should have been.

Shadow raiders was interesting at first, but i got bored and only watched the first season. I never watched action man or max steel, they never interested me.

I don't know. Reboot is the most popular. Seen some but its too odd. War planets is good but the animation bothers me. Beast wars is cool though some of the slapstick is not for me. The rest I don't listed are either a ripoff of a movie (action man), corny and a ripoff of action man(max steel), or just plain stereotypical towards american young adults/teenagers(spiderman)

Beast Wars was really good. While I will always favor G1 over anything anyday, Beast Wars ranks up there. One of the many things that made it so great was its attachment to G1 and also the characters were very cool. Being the number of actual bots in the show was smaller, we got to know them better, and grew on them much more than some of the lesser known G1 characters.

Beast Wars was really good. While I will always favor G1 over anything anyday, Beast Wars ranks up there. One of the many things that made it so great was its attachment to G1 and also the characters were very cool. Being the number of actual bots in the show was smaller, we got to know them better, and grew on them much more than some of the lesser known G1 characters.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Beast Wars wins hand's down over mainframes other shows.